Chapter 49

********** Wilbur's pov *********

I woke to sound of footsteps, and looked up to see Tubbo standing in the doorway. I grinned widely, fighting to contain my excitement. 

"Hi... uhh... sorry if I woke you up," He spoke quietly, uncertainty clear in his voice.

"Nah, you're good Tubs," I said, giving him a smile, "You weren't waiting for me to wake up long?" 

"Only 5 minutes or so..." He paused, then continued "Phil said we were gonna watch a film?" 

I hadn't been told about this plan but if it meant that Tubbo came downstairs and sat with them than I would gladly go along with it, "Yeah! What do you want to watch?" I said, as I motioned for Tubbo to come sit next to him. 

"Umm... i thought maybe Moana?"

"I'll put it on now!" I said, grabbing the remote and turning on the tv. Tubbo came and sat down warily next to me on the sofa. I searched up the film on disney plus, and started it, pausing as the intro animation thing ended to wait for Phil and Techno, and hopefully Tommy as well. 

"Hey Tubs," I started hesitantly. Tubbo looked at me, alarm in his face, "Nono don't worry its nothing bad, I just have a gift for you... if you want it...?" 

"Oh," Tubbo said, sounding surprised. After a minute he seemed to come back to reality and said, "Thanks Wil, that's so nice of you," He sounded a little more enthusiastic, and it gave me hope. 

"I'll go get it!" I said, running off to where i had stored the gift. Despite my excited appearance, my hand shook with nerves as I dashed to retrieve the present. I was hoping that it would bring Tubbo and Tommy back together, but I guess we would have to wait and see. Phil and Techno didn't know about it, but if they did they would approve of it, right?

I opened the cupboard and there hidden at the back were two small boxes, each tied with a ribbon, one red, one green. I grabbed both and walked back to the kitchen, carrying them carefully. Technoblade was sat on the other sofa talking to Tubbo, and I had just sat down next to Tubbo on the sofa, when I saw Phil in the doorway. 

"Hi Dadza!" I said, cheerfully, then added, slightly quieter, "Is Tommy...?" I left the end of the question hanging, but Dad knew what I meant, and stepped aside to reveal a pale and thin Tommy. 

"Tommy!" I exclaimed excitedly, as he slowly followed Phil to sit next to me on the sofa. 

"I uhh... I have a gift for you and Tubbo," I told Tommy nervously, "Here," Handing the one with the red ribbon to Tommy and the green ribbon to Tubbo. 

Tommy looked at me, as if asking for permission to open it, and I nodded excitedly. Techno and Phil were sat on the sofa to the left, looking confused, and I just gave them a smile. Tubbo opened his slightly before, and gave me a confused look as he took out a compass. 

"Look at the tag" I said, referring to a small card label I had attached with a ribbon matching the one that had been tied around the box. 

'Your Tommy' the label read. Tommy took out his compass, and stared at the label reading 'Your Tubbo' 

Tubbo looked up at me, confused, whilst Tommy just stared down at his silently. I gently pulled both compasses towards each other slightly, and said quietly "The compasses point to each other, so you can always know where Your Tommy or Your Tubbo is," 

"Thank you," Tommy whispered. Meeting Tubbo's eye and then looking away quickly. 

"Should we start the film?" Phil said, and Techno quietly moved to sit between me and Tommy. 

I nodded, and pressed play on the remote, sitting back to enjoy. We had only got to about fifteen minutes in, when I heard Techno say "Hey, Tommy breathe, its ok,"

 I turned to see Tommy shaking and hyperventilating quietly, pressed up into the corner of the couch. 

I quickly crouched down in front of him, "Deep breaths Toms its ok,"

Techno had paused the film, but I could tell that Tommy couldn't hear us, he was stuck in whatever flashback he was reliving. Phil was there beside me, reminding him to breathe and trying to calm him down, but nothing seemed to be helping. Tubbo was sat dead still at the other end of the couch, staring at Tommy with a stricken look on his face, riddled with guilt. Tommy's breathing sped up, and tears dripped from his chin, and nothing seemed to be helping. 

"Its ok, Toms, it's ok," 

Then through desperate gasps for air he said "Tubs," So quietly the first time I almost missed it, but then louder "Tubbo... p...please... " 

Immediately Tubbo was there, and Tommy clung to him desperately, burying his face in Tubbo's shoulder as his uncontrollable shaking died away. And Tubbo was apologising over and over,

"I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry," 

**********Phil's pov ***********
After who knows how long, everything had calmed down. The tv was paused, with Moana stood on a boat and the fire demon thing in the background. Tommy and Tubbo had fallen asleep, curled up together on the end of the sofa. Techno sat next to them, keeping a careful eye on his three younger brothers, Tubbo with his head on Tech's lap, and Wilbur resting on Techno's shoulder. I knew that the road to recovery wasn't going to be easy, but at least this was a step in the right direction? I looked at Tommy and Tubbo, both clinging tightly to their compass, and knew that they would be fine. They had both forgiven each other that same night, they were just too afraid to see it. Techno and Wil looked tired, but relieved, and I knew that eventually it would all be ok. I gently covered the four of them in a blanket, Techno giving me a smile as I met his gaze, before he closed his eyes to sleep. Everything was going to be just fine. I knew it. 

WELL WHAT DO WE THINK?! I really struggled to write the first half of this chapter lol so sorry if it isnt that great... but it gets better from here I promise. Time for some fluffffff XD

But yeahhhh it gets less angsty from here for a bit. If I were to split the book into sections I would say theres about two more, and theres been maybe 3 sections? So yeah not much left. altho the last one is quite long... so maybe like 30-40 ish more chapters? idk lol im bad at estimating. anyways you can have fun with that bit of knowledge im giving you SO MANY UPDATES! ive had a sudden motivations bust lmao

Anwaysssss

Stay safe, stay happy, stay healthy, stay kindddd!!!!!!

love ya (platonically) <3

Word count: 1126