Chapter 43

******** Tommy's pov ********

I froze as one of the boys outside kicked on the door. Once. Twice. I was still shaking and couldn't calm down my breathing. Fear coursed through me like something I had never felt before - though the intense feeling of panic was actually all too familiar - and suddenly the door swung open. One of the boys outside had picked the lock. One boy grabbed me by the collar and the other two followed as I was dragged out of the cubicle. 

"L... leave me... alone..." I whispered through frantic breaths. 

"Aww look the ickle baby can speak," The boy who seemed to be the ringleader said, before I saw his facial expressions change frighteningly, "No." And his fist swung towards me. 

But it wasn't him it was Edward from the basement, swinging his calloused hand towards me, malice in his face. It wasn't him it was every previous abusive foster parent, their shouts and screams echoing in my head, their eyes filled with rage. Then it wasn't them it was Tubbo. My Tubbo. Tubbo who had never laid a hand on me. My Tubbo who swung his fist towards me. My Tubbo who shouted how I was a terrible brother. My Tubbo who told me that he would be better off without me. My Tubbo who hated me. My Tubbo. 

I felt my mind get fuzzy, and when I opened my eyes the boys were gone. There was nobody else there. It was just me. I stood up and looked in the mirror. My face was covered in bruises, and my body ached. I rolled up my sleeves and winced at the freshly opened cuts and wounds, oozing blood. I took out the spare bandages I had in my bag, and wrapped them up, then froze. I was clearly covered in bruises, new bruises, how was I going to hide this? Then I remembered that I had packed emergency waterproof concealer, just in case of a situation like this. I had always carried around concealer to hide abusive parents, and it had been a smart idea to pack some in my school bag in case of bullies. It turned out to be very helpful too. I rummaged around for a minute trying to find the concealer, and as I did I thought about what had happened. The boy punched me. I remember feeling a few more hits land, and then I opened my eyes and they were... gone? That couldn't be right, it was almost like a whole section of time was missing from my memory. 

I tried to forget about it as I put on the concealer with shaking hands. I grabbed my phone from my bag and checked the time. The next lesson started in ten minutes. I wouldn't have time to eat my lunch but its not like I had been planning on eating it anyways; I debated throwing it away but decided not to, Phil would want to know, however much it scared me. I sighed, packing away the bandages and shoving my phone back into my bag. I guess I had met the bullies of the year, but at least Tubbo seemed to be safe from them. Tubbo. The name hurt to think about. Did he hate me? What had I done? He was tired of me. Yes, that was it. He must have been regretting saving me that night. I trudged to my next lesson slowly, each movement bringing me pain. It felt like I was back in an abusive household, body aching but having to pretend it didn't. Normally I knew Tubbo would notice but I doubted it this time. He hardly even looked my way and refused to meet my eye. 

Maybe it would be better tomorrow? I sat down in my seat, hardly noticing I had reached the classroom, and zoned out as the lesson started. This was going to be a long day. 

****** Time skippp *****

Finally the bell rang for the end of the day. With aching limbs I dragged myself to my feet and walked down the corridor. It felt strange walking without Tubbo next to me. 

You're a failure. Nobody cares. They all wished you had died. If only you had been stabbed in that basement. Would have done everybody a favour. You. Are. Fucking. Worthless.

 Don't forget it. 

I clenched my fists as I walked into the car park, trying to block out the thoughts. Suddenly I bumped into Techno who was standing there on his phone. 

"Tommy!" He said, with a small smile, "How was the first day?" 

******* Techno's pov ********

I was scrolling through my phone, waiting for Tubbo and Tommy when Tommy walked right into me. 

"Tommy!" I said, surprised by his sudden appearance, "How was the first day?" 

"Alright," He said, plainly. He didn't sound too enthusiastic, but when he met my eye he gave me a smile. I figured it hadn't been the best day, but I could talk to him about it later. "Well then, ready to go?" 

"Yeah," He said, sounding a little more upbeat, as he chucked his bag into the car. 

"Oh wait, where's Tubbo?" I said, suddenly realising that Tubbo, Tommy's best friend and brother, wasn't with him. Strange, they were usually inseparable. 

"I'm here," A voice said from the side, sounding annoyed, "Did you really forget about me, great job Techno," He said harshly as he climbed in the car. 

"Sorry Tubbo I just... bad day, sorry," He didn't respond, but as we started driving he seemed to perk up a little. 

"So," I began, "How did your day go?" I asked them both, meeting Tommy's eye. I couldn't hide my nerves that something had gone wrong for me, he was dealing with so much and didn't need any more added to the pile. 

"It was ok actually," Tommy said, sounding a little more happy. 

"Oh well that's good," I said, relief flooding me. He was ok. We soon arrived home and were greeted by Phil at the door, he had just got home from work. 

"Hi Tommy! Hi Tubbo! Sorry I couldn't pick you up, something was going on at work, but how was school?" He looked at Tommy, clearly worried like I was. 

"It was ok," Tommy said. Tubbo didn't respond. 

"Well that's great, I'm glad you had a good day Toms," Phil said, ruffling Tommy's hair as he walked out. 

"What about you Tubbo?" I asked, feeling like he had been a little ignored. 

"It was good," He said, sharply, before going upstairs to his room. 

:) ok so i really don't like the ending to this chapter but... meh its fineee. Hope you enjoyed! 

Remember, stay safe, stay happy, stay healthy, stay kind! 

Word count: 1129