Chapter 23

********* Techno's povvvvv*********

They sat on the sofa in silence, Tubbo was stimming anxiously and Tommy was staring at the wall blankly. Wilbur was fidgeting with his hands in his lap, looking up at the door every few seconds as if Phil was about to walk right through it. I had done my best to comfort him but it didn't seem to have helped, so we sat in silence. Tubbo and Tommy started to talk in quiet whispers, probably reassuring each other. 

"It will be fine," I tried to say, but my voice broke. I cleared it and tried again, "Everything will be fine. We have called Scott, he is coming, and Scott can be trusted. Tommy, Tubbo, maybe you had better call your social workers. Just in case we need them," 

"Yeah ok," Tommy replied quietly, taking out his phone, "Puffy is Tubbo's worker to now, she insisted it was changed. I'll call her," 

He scrolled through his contacts until he found Puffy's and hit call, holding the phone up to his ear as it started to ring, and walking over to the edge of the room. I tried to smile at Wilbur in a comforting way, but I'm fairly sure it came out as a grimace, and he just looked away. We waited for a minute whilst the phone rang, before Tommy brought it away from his ear, cursing. 

"Fuck. I just remembered, Puffy is away on holiday. She gets back in two days, but she won't receive the call." he said, turning to us, his expression serious. 

Tubbo's face fell, and he started to cry, holding his arms out to Tommy, who walked over and gave him a hug. "shhhhh," He whispered, rubbing Tubbo's back. Tubbo had clearly slipped into a younger space again, sniffling and burying his face in Tommy's shirt. 

I turned to Wilbur about to tell him it would be fine, but he abruptly stood up and walked out of the room without saying a word. I put my head in my hands. This was all terrible, Tubbo and Tommy were terrified, and Tubbo was crying. I could tell Wilbur was close to hysterics, however well he hid it, and I couldn't do anything to help. I had tried to be the big brother, and help them, be a reassurance for them, but I was failing. Miserably. 

I made a grunt of frustration, and Tommy flinched away from me. I quickly and quietly apologised, moving to the window to watch for anybody arriving. 'Please get here soon Scott,' I pleaded in my head. 

********** Wilburs pov***********

I silently slipped away and ran upstairs. I could feel Techno's eyes drilling into the back of my head but I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I collapsed onto the bead, tears streaming down my face. 

This is ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU ARE USELESS! IF YOU HADN'T BEEN SO ANNOYING TO PHIL THAN HE WOULDN'T HAVE LEFT TO GO ON THAT WALK! YOU SHOULD JUST DISAPPEAR! TOMMY WOULD BE HAPPY! TUBBO WOULD BE HAPPY! AND TECHNO, YOUR TWIN, WOULD BE HAPPY! WITHOUT YOU!

I covered my ears, trying to block out the voices shouting in my mind, but it didn't help, they only seemed to get louder. 

"It's not my fault!" I said out loud, my voice breaking, but it sounded more like I was trying to convince myself. 

THEY JUST WANT YOU GONE! PHIL HAS GONE MISSING AND THEY ARE ALL SECRETLY WISHING IT HAD BEEN YOU INSTEAD. JUST GO DISAPPEAR.

"They don't think that," I whispered to myself, "Do they...?" 

Useless, worthless, idiot. Just go kill yourself. 

I froze for a second, before standing up and opening the window. I began to climb out of it, but stopped, looking back into the house, unsure. Then I heard a sob from Tubbo downstairs, and I knew that the voice was right. They didn't need me. They didn't want me. Nobody did. 

I jumped down from the window, twisting my ankle in the process, and ran, making sure I wasn't seen by Techno, who was sitting at the window, before beginning to sprint down the road, desperate to get away from somewhere I considered home, but somewhere I wasn't needed. 

******** Tommy's pov*********

Tubbo let out a sob, burying his face into my shoulder again. He was definitely younger, I whispered to him. 

"Hey Tubs, it will be ok. Lets play a game yeah? We can take it in turn to ask each other questions, ok? I'll go first, how old are you?" 

"S... s.... six," He whispered back, sniffling. 

"Wow such a big boy," I said, smiling weakly at him, "Your go!" 

We continued to ask questions, and I thought I saw something run past outside, but I brushed it off, it was probably nothing. Techno was still sat staring out of the window, and his face was stone cold, but pale, that and the slight shaking in his hand was the only things showing any emotion, showing me how worried he really was. He was good at hiding emotions, but I had learnt how to read people, through my time in foster care, and though some people were a lot better at it than I was, I was pretty good, and I could tell Techno was upset, and scared. 

"Go and check on Wilbur," I said, hoping him and Wil could help each other. Techno looked at me, worried, "Me and Tubs will be fine down here, I will watch for Scott, but go check on Wil, he seemed upset," Techno nodded, looking slightly numb, and walked slowly up the stairs. I sighed. I really hoped Phil was ok. I didn't know what Tech and Wil would do if he wasn't. 

********** WILBURS POVVVVVV ***************

I continued to run, and run, hardly knowing how much time had passed. At some point it had started to rain, but I hardly noticed it, the harsh raindrops hitting my cheek mingled with the salty tears. I thought I might be shivering, but couldn't really tell, and I was unsure whether that was from the cold or something else. After what felt like hours, and only a few minutes at the same time, (but was probably about thirty minutes) I arrived at a bridge. I slowed down, breathing laboured. Slowly I walked over the edge, and climbed onto the rail, hardly aware of what I was doing. My body seemed to be moving of its own accord, and I doubt I could have stopped even if I wanted to. I sat on the rail and came to my senses a little, looking down into the drop below, and smiled. My last thought before I pushed myself off was 'this is for the best'. 

MANY DIFFERENT POVS IN THIS CHAPTER! Yeah I'm no longer ill! Well... I'm well enough to write, and I will HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) be fine by Christmas so YAYYYY! SO BACK TO REGULAR UPDATESSSS! But yeaaa more angst for you lot! Hope you liked it! Sorry it took so long to come out. Also over 500 views this is poggers. Like it isn't much but way more than I expected (laughing emojis). 

Stay safe, stay happy! 

Word count: 1166