Chapter 58

********* Techno's pov **********

"Hey Toms," I said, quietly, tapping him on the shoulder. He removed the noise cancelling headphones and looked up at me. "'I brought you some pasta," I said, placing the bowl down next to him, "Or there's some fruit here if you would prefer," 

He paused for a second, before shaking his head, and pulling the headphones back over his ears. 

"Please Toms just a little bit you haven't eaten all day," When he didn't respond I continued, "Nothing bad is going to happen, your body needs food. Just a few pieces of fruit?" 

Slowly he reached over and took a piece of apple out of the bowl, nibbling on it unwillingly. 

"Tubbo?" He asked quietly, fiddling with the corner of the weightet blanket. 

"He's just in the living room," I replied, "He's alright, but he's age regressed," 

Tommy nodded, seemingly thinking to himself, but before he had a chance to say what he was thinking, there came the sound of the front door opening. 

"We're back," Phil called from the corridor. 

Tommy looked up at me quickly. 

"You want your headphones?" I asked, and he nodded urgently. "I'll go get them," I promised, slipping out of the room. 

"Hello Phil, how did it go?" I asked, entering the kitchen where they were stood. 

"The doctors gave us something to give her, and she seems slightly better, but they said there was nothing else we could do," He said, trying to give me a smile, but I could tell how worried he was about the little kitten. 

"You alright Wil?" I asked, and he nodded holding Snow tight to his chest. "Hey Wil, Dad accidently took Tommy's headphones instead of yours, could we do a trade?" I asked gently, holding out his headphones to him. He took Tommy's headphones off and handed them to me before putting on his own headphones. 

"I'm gonna go upstairs to my room," He said quietly, "Can I take Snow?" 

Phil nodded, and Wilbur left the room silently. 

"Is he ok?" I asked, concerned.

"He had a panic attack, he seems alright now though, I think he's just tired and worried." Phil replied sighing. 

I nodded, "I'm gonna go back to Tommy, Tubbo is age regressed and he's in the living room watching tv, can you sit with him?" 

"Yeah of course mate, you sure you don't want me to go help Tommy? I don't want there to be too much of a burden on you," He looked at me with his worried old man look. 

"No it's no problem, plus he seems alright now i think he just needs a bit of quiet. Could we get his room fitted with the sane lights and curtains that I have? And possibly sound proof it? I think it would help him a lot." I said. 

"Yeah of course if you think he would like that, I'll speak to him about it later and we can look into it." he paused as I nodded and started to exit the room, "Thanks Tech," 

"No problem Dadza," I replied, slipping out the door. 

I returned to my room, where Tommy was still curled up at the head of the bed, and handed him his headphones silently. He immediately took off my ones and pulled his over his head, sighing with relief. 

He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, but he didn't seem able to speak, so he just kept rocking back and forth. Then I had an idea, this wasn't the first time this, or something similar had happened, and we really needed a way to communicate with him. 

"Hey Toms, I've got an idea," I said slowly, "Would you like to learn sign language? For when you can't speak? I could learn it with you, as I think it would be useful for me as well, and maybe we could ask Phil to get us a proper tutor? Or we could just learn off the internet up to you. Anyways would that be something your interested in?" 

Tommy thought for a second, before slowly nodding. 

"Great!" I said, smiling, I had always wanted to learn bsl with somebody, "Do you wanna look at it now or another time?" I said, holding out a hand for each, so he could point to the option he wanted. He pointed to my left hand, the option for look at it now. 

I reached over to my laptop that was sat on my desk, and opened up a google tab, searching 'BSL dictionary' I clicked on the first website that came up, and placed the laptop between me and Tommy. 

"Here, anything you want to say, or learn, just search it in here, watch the video, and then try to sign it," I explained, moving the laptop closer so he could reach. For a second he was motionless, before reaching out and typing in 'Thank you' 

He watched the video closely, looking at a few different ones, before turning to me and placing his hand by his mouth, then moving it forwards and down; the sign for thank you. 

I typed into the search bar 'Your welcome', and like he had, I watched the video, making sure he could also see it, before pointing at him, and then beckoning with both hands, the sign for 'Your welcome' 

AUTHORS NOTE - I AM NOT DEAF HOWEVER I DO KNOW BSL FOR WHEN I HAVE A VERBAL SHUTDOWN AND THIS IS THE BEST DESCRIPTION I COULD PUT! BUT YKNOW IF YOU WANT TO LEARN OR ANYTHING GOOGLE IT! DONT TRUST THIS, I COULD BE WRONG! IF I AM PLEASE POLITELY CORRECT ME IN THE COMMENTS 

We spent a further two hours learning odd signs that we thought might be useful. Of course we knew we would never be able to remember them all, but we made a list on my phone of ones we had learnt and decided that we could practise regularly. It was oddly relaxing. And I knew it was a memory I would never forget. I smiled remembering how Tommy had grabbed the laptop, typed something into the search bar, watched the video, and then signed, 'I love you'. 

Maybe things were getting better. 

Well this was a nice chapter wasn't it? Nice change from ill/nearly dead kittens isnt it. 

Anyways I hope you enjoyed it lol

ALSO RANBOO WON MCC OMG YES

Stay safe, stay happy, stay healthy, stay kind. 

Love ya! (Platonically) <3

Word count: 1081