Chapter 60

*********** Phil's pov **********

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I walked down the stairs to make my morning coffee. I was slightly worried about Snow but I had to keep hope that she would be ok, for Wil if anything. He wasn't in his room, so I assumed he was downstairs with her. As I walked past Tubbo's room I poked my head in. 

"Hey Tubs wanna come down for breakfast?" I asked, quietly, since I knew Tommy was probably still fast asleep next door. 

"Yeah ok!" He replied, chirpily, but at the same low volume, sliding out of bed and grabbing his dressing gown. 

He followed me down the stairs, chatting quietly to me about the book he was reading. Techno had lent him some books that he thought Tubbo would like, and whilst he seemed to have some trouble reading them - which i thought i should look into - he was loving them, especially the ones about true crime. That was what he was talking about right now, and it was great to see him so happy, and to see him bonding with Techno; the books were really bringing them closer together. 

We made our way into the kitchen together, and Tubbo sat down as I asked him what he wanted. I figured Wil was probably in the living room, but I couldn't hear him. I was slightly concerned, but I wanted to give Tubbo some attention, as I was determined not to make the same mistake I did before, and I told myself I could check on Wil in a minute. 

Me and Tubbo sat down at the table together, talking about random things like books and tv and gaming. Tubbo was smiling and cheerful and happy, and it was good to see him like that. 

Little did I know that he would not be for long, since the author is cruel enough to kill of a kitten.

After half an hour or so of talking happily we both paused, sitting silently and simply enjoying each others presence. 

"Tubs, you know you can always talk to me, right?" I asked, looking him in the eye. 

"Yeah..." He said quietly, before hesitating. He looked like he was about to say something, but decided against it, "Yeah, I know," 

"Good," I said, smiling, but slightly concerned, "It's just there's a lot going on right now, with the kittens and everything, and we haven't really talked about you age regressing,"

It was true, I had had a short conversation with him about it, but not about how he felt, just about if he knew it was age regression. 

"Yeah..." Tubbo said, trailing off, "Thank you for being so understanding," He said slowly. 

"You're an amazing kid Tubbo, we've only done what you deserve," I replied, smiling warmly, glad he felt able to open up, "Were other places... less understanding...?" 

"Yeah... " He said slowly, "I... It started whilst I was still with Tommy, and he would always look after me, but when we got separated.... I umm... people weren't very nice about it," He paused, but I didn't interrupt, I wanted him to be able to talk, "They would hit me, for being to childish, and I didn't understand in my regressed state what I was doing wrong," He paused again, looking down at the table, "I know I haven't said it, but thanks so much for everything, you're really helpful, especially when I'm regressed," 

"You're welcome Tubbo, those old homes sound horrible, you didn't deserve that, but now you're here with us I can promise you they will never hurt you again. Ok?" 

****** Tubbo's pov ********

"But now that you're here with us I can promise you they will never hurt you again. Ok?" 

"Yeah, thanks Dadza," I smiled at him, but inside I felt unsettled. I hadn't been to many homes. But Tommy had. It was easy to protect me from the people who had hurt me before, but Tommy had been hurt by so many people, how could Dadza promise him the same thing? It would be so easy for somebody who knew him before to kidnap him and hurt him. I mean he had already been kidnapped once, and even though the circumstances were different, it seemed so likely. I couldn't help but worry. I knew Phil meant well though, and he would do his best to keep his promise, it's just that promises never last. 

*********** Phil's pov *************

"Yeah, thanks Dadza," He smiled at me, and my heart warmed at the name Dadza. I smiled at him. 

"Anything else you want to talk about?" I asked, "Or just back to true crime,"

"True crime sounds good," Tubbo said, with a grin. I smiled back at him, and we both laughed. Once I started laughing I couldn't stop. 

"Oh my god- I can't.... can't stop laughing-" I said through chuckles and gasps for air. 

"Same-" Tubbo replied, doubled over and a grin on his face. 

I looked up as the door creaked open, and Techno entered the room. 

"What are you two idiots laughing about?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. 

"I dont know-" I said, unable to stop my laughter. 

Techno sighed with exasperation, smiling and rolling his eyes whilst shaking his head. 

"You're both ridiculous," He said, going to make his daily morning coffee. 

"Who's ridiculous?" Tommy said as he entered the room, rubbing sleep from his eyes. 

"I don't know," Tubbo said, shaking with laughter, "It couldn't possibly be me," 

Tommy grinned, "Why are you laughing...?" 

"I already asked that." Techno said, "I think their just being idiots," He said light heartedly. 

"Well I mean that's not unusual but-" Tommy began. 

"Oi!" Tubbo interrupted, "I'm the smartest cleverest biggest man you know, in fact im a genius, practically god, you should all bow down," 

"God?" Tommy scoffed jokingly, "I mean Tubso you're great but god? No. That's Technoblade."

"YESSSSSS!" Technoblade cheered, "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!! TECHNOBLADEEEE NEVER DIESSSS!" 

"TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIESSSSSS!" Tommy echoed, pumping his fist. 

We all laughed, before I said, "I think Wil's in the living room, could somebody please go get him?" 

"Yeah I'll go," Tubbo said, slipping off the chair, and exiting the room. 

I thought he would return with Wilbur in a minute, and that nothing would happen. I thought everything was ok. 

I thought wrong. 

A minute later I heard a shout from the living room. 

"PHIL!"

WILBUR SOOT STREAM FUCKING FINALLY OMFG 

I was about to post this chapter and then i got the notif that Wil went live and i was like NOPE so yk blame him

ofc anything is worth it for Wilbur soot content

but yeahhhhh 

Anywayssss I hope yall enjoyed the chapter!

Stay safe, stay happy, stay healthy, stay kind! 

Love ya!

Word count: 1145