Chapter 14 ✤

The crack of a whip was heard as the well-known R-Rated hero silenced everyone in the crowd. "It's time for the player pledge!" she exclaimed, as blushed faces appeared in the crowd and on the students, as [name] blinked in confusion at their red faces.

"What is Ms. Midnight wearing?" Kirishima lowered his head with a faint blush on his cheeks at his teacher's outfit.

"That is the R-Rated hero for you," Kaminari whispered, as he had no shame and stared.

"Is it really okay for her to be a teacher if she's an R-Rated hero?" Tokayami questioned as [Name] nodded at his words. However, Mineta put his thumb up, clearly happy with having her as a teacher at his school.

"Silence!" Midnight ordered as once again, silence swept through the crowds. "Representing the students is Bakugo Katsuki from Class 1-A!" [Name] looked at Bakugo, knowing that he wasn't the best pick for a representative, even [Name] could do a better job with his quietness. Bakugo walked up onto the podium with his hands still in his pockets and...

"I pledge... that I'm gonna win," His words made his class face palm, and others looked at him in disgust and began to boo him as he went back to his spot in the crowd.

"Now, let us begin without delay!" Midnight exclaimed, "The first game is a qualifier, now here it is! This year it's... an obstacle race!" [Name] was quite fast and 3 of his classmates especially knew that, so [Name] didn't mind what was picked.

Midnight went on to explain. "All 11 classes will partake, and since this is U.A, you can do whatever you want as long as you stay on course, and only 42 will enter the next round!" She smirked as the crowd began to cheer once more. "Now take your places!"

.

.

.

[Name] was near the back, knowing all those in front would just get crushed as soon as it started and that would slow him down tremendously.

"Start!" Midnight yelled, and everyone in front began pushing and shoving to get in front as [Name] simply took himself a few steps back and ran forward before he threw himself over the mass of students and ended up in front.

"Early lead from Class 1-A's Tsuyuri [Name]!" yelled Present Mic as [name] was shown on screen running quickly but delicately, unlike some other students. "That's no surprise considering his sister Kocho Shinobu and her co-workers trained him young!"

[Name] felt cold frost near his ankles and jumped before landing on ice to which he elegantly and effortlessly glided on as Todoroki gritted his teeth at his failure of restraining [Name] but he continued running after him. He also noticed how some of his other classmates got through.

"I've outwitted you, Todoroki! How pathetic!" Mineta yelled as [Name] looked at his tactic of bouncing off the ice using his quirk and was quite impressed until a large robotic arm sent him flying as [Name] turned back around to continue focusing on his running until three robots stopped him in his path.

[Name] drew his sword as the robots went in for the attack.

"Second Form: Honorable Shadow Plum"

The robots' arms were all sliced into pieces as [Name] launched himself over the other robots with ease before landing adroitly.

"The obstacles were no match for Class 1-A's Tsuyuri, who has easily cleared them. Can he be stopped!?" yelled Present Mic as the screens all focused on [Name], who was running nimbly with a focused frown on his face. Soon after, Todoroki was on his trail again after freezing the robots, and he had a harsh glare on his face, determined to catch up with [Name] and take his spot in first place.

"In second place, we have Todoroki Shoto, who has also succeeded in getting past the obstacles with ease!" [Name] wondered how Present Mic's throat was still intact from all his screaming, but chalked it up to his quirk. Soon, [Name] heard Present Mic scream at how Kirishima and another student called Tetsutetsu were trapped under the fallen robots, but luckily their quirks helped save them.

"Class 1-A's Bakugo goes overhead!" Present Mic screams as [Name] heard many explosions heading towards him and Todoroki. "It seems this first obstacle was too easy, but what about the second?"

[Name] stopped as he surveyed the next obstacle in his path. "This is the fall; if you do, you're out!" [Name] took a step back before leaping to the next platform, again and again and again until he reached the end, but it took some time, so other students caught up slightly, especially Todoroki, who was almost within arms reach of [Name]. However, Bakugo was also narrowing the distance quickly.

"And now we're at the final barrier." Present Mic yelled, "The reality is it's a minefield, so watch your step!"

With his good eyesight, [Name] could clearly see the mines and began swiftly stepping across the minefield, avoiding the mines as Todoroki, who was slightly slower, was behind. "This doesn't affect me!" Bakugo smirked as he blasted closer to [Name] and Todoroki in front as he shot past both.

"Bastard, don't declare war on the wrong person!" Bakugo aimed an explosion at Todoroki, who briskly dodged as Present Mic declared someone new in first place. "What a surprise! Tsuyuri has been overtaken by Bakugo!"

[Name] ran further to the left in order to avoid Bakugo's explosions as he and Todoroki fought while running. [Name] was now under pressure as he knew Shinazugawa and Iguru would throttle him if he lost to someone like Bakugo.

A sudden and loud blast, unlike all the others, was heard behind and [Name] turned to see Midoriya flying towards him and the others and overtaking them as [Name] was the first to chase after him, followed by Bakugo and Todoroki.

"The three formerly in the lead are now in hot pursuit of Midoriya!" Present Mic shrieked excitedly. As Midoriya was losing speed, [Name] watched as he firmly planted his feet against Todoroki and Bakugo's shoulders before slamming what looked to be part of one of the robots earlier before he was launched forwards again and blinded the two.

[Name] began running faster as he desperately tried to catch Midoriya.

"Look! Tsuyuri is now right behind the current number 1, threatening to overtake him!" Present Micx screeched as Midoriya looked back to see the dull eyes of [Name], and he tried to run faster before a hand on his collar pulled him back with great strength.

"Tsuyuri has taken first place, snatching it out of Midoriya's hands!" Present Mic's eyes were as wide as saucers as he watched the students get closer to the exit tunnel.

"Right now, the first person back in the stadium is...

Tsuyuri [Name]!"

'Kanae, I came first!'