Chapter 17 ⁕

"Hey, isn't it great, [Name]!" Mineta cheered as [Name] stared at his female classmates in cheerleader outifts. He tilted his head in confusion as Kaminari and Mineta fistbumped.

"Mineta! Kaminari! You tricked us, didn't you!?" Yaoyorozu fell to her knees, "I even used creation to make these..." As [Name] stood next to her in a vest, she proceeded to be wrapped in a jacket that was a little too small and zipped up.

"T-Tsuyuri... thanks." Yaoyorozu weakly smiled as [Name] nodded. The jacket was tight, but it still helped her to cover up slightly. He then stood in front of Jiro, covering her from the flashing cameras aimed at his female classmates, as Jiro muttered an embarrassed thanks while Mineta and Kaminari complained.

"All right, everyone! After the recreational games, the sixteen that qualified in the last round will move into the final round!" Present Mic announced as everyone gathered around Midnight.

"Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket," Midnight held up a small yellow box to show the crowd. "Once this is decided and recreational activities are completed, we will begin," Midnight said, but before she could continue, Ojiro raised his hand and withdrew from the competition, and, surprisingly, a class B student did as well.

Midnight moved up a class B member, one that looked like Kirishima, to which [Name] saw Todoroki intensely switching between the two, as if he was trying to figure something out. "Now, this is the bracket decided!"

Shinso vs. Midoriya

Kirishima vs. TetsuTestu

Tokoyami vs. Yaoyorozu

Ashido vs. Aoyama

Todoroki vs. Sero

Iida vs. Hatsume

Uraraka vs. Bakugo

Tsuyuri vs. Kaminari

[Name] smiled as Kaminari began panicking as he looked at [Name] in fear.

.

.

.

After recreational activities, which [Name] didn't participate in, he sat as he waited for the fight between Midoriya and Shinso to start. Ashido sat on his left and Kaminari on his right, who was trying to nonchalantly pry weaknesses out of him, [Name] just smiled and continued to listen to Ashido.

"Match number one... even though he's done well, he looks pretty nervous. It's Midoriya Izuku from Class 1-A!" Present Mic announced as it made everyone in the crowd shut up and watch as Midoriya walked out with a nervous smile. "Versus, someone who has yet to stand out yet, Shinso Hitoshi from class 1-C!" Shinso walked out with a frown.

"Rules are simple; either force your opponent out of bounds or make them immobilised or make your opponent say 'I give up'!" Present Mic explained, "However, anything life-threatening is not allowed!"

"Ready? Start!"

[Name] with his great hearing, heard all the dirty words Shinso was speaking about Ojiro, and it was only until Ashido snapped her fingers in his face that he noticed he had crushed the arm of the chair he was sitting on.

"What did you say!?" Midoriya yelled, but suddenly he stopped and his eyes went dull, making Present Mic begin to question why.

"Shinso Hitoshi from general studies has the better of Midoriya Izuku in the hero course!?" The crowd was silent, watching the match with wide eyes.

"You're lucky with that you've been blessed with such an amazing quirk," Shinso stated, as he then ordered Midoriya to walk out of bounds and Midoriya did so. Slowly walking as [Name]'s eyes narrowed slightly.

"What!? Midoriya is being so obedient!? WHY!?" Present Mic cried out as he watched Midoriya plod towards the out of bounds zone.

"Deku, why!?" [Name] heard Uraraka cry from behind him as she grabbed [Name]'s shoulders tightly, which wasn't really tight to [Name], but he did notice how he began to float until Uraraka panicked and dragged him back down to his seat and released her quirk as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders instead to prevent him from floating off again due to accidentally touching [Name] with her fingertips.

However, just as Midoriya was about to step out of bounds, he stopped, and a massive gust of wind followed.

"Midoriya's stopped!!" The crowd burst into cheers as Uraraka sighed in relief, laying her forehead on [Name]'s shoulder as she calmed down from her distress.

"W-Why?" Shinso stuttered as he attempted to speak to Midoriya again, but it seemed Midoriya had learnt from his mistakes and kept quiet before beginning to push Shinso back, even when Shinso punched him in a pathetic attempt to win or make Midoriya talk.

They continued to tussle before Midoriya grabbed Shinso by his collar and arm, flipped him over, and slammed him to the ground out of bounds. "Shinso is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to the next round!" Midnight announced. The crowd went wild, all cheering as Uraraka threw her arms up in delight for her friend and [Name] smiled, yet his usually fake smile seemed slightly more genuine.

.

.

.

Next up was Todoroki vs Sero.

"He's good, he's good, but he also looks kind of plain. It's Sero Hanta from the Hero Course. Versus the one who has become second in both rounds so far... Todoroki Shoto, also from the hero course!" Present Mic introduced. "Ready... start!"

As quickly as the match began, [Name] knew it would also end quickly. Even when Sero attempted to throw Todoroki out of bounds with his quirk, it only took a slight slip of the foot for a massive iceberg to form and completely encase Sero's body except from the head. Midoriya and Uraraka hid behind [Name] as he swiftly sliced the ice and prevented it from hitting him or the people around him. Even Midnight was partially frozen.

"Sero is immobilized, Todoroki moves on to the second round!" Midnight announced, Todoroki apologised as he unfroze Sero.

"Tsuyuri, it's your turn next," Midoriya spoke and [Name] nodded before getting up and handing Uraraka his coin before leaving for the preparation room, but was stopped by a familiar, sweet and cheery voice.

"Tsuyuri!!" A bright pink and green-haired woman came bounding towards him before pulling him into a hug. "I know you'll win, and once you do, we'll go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, the one that me and Rengoku go to,"

[Name] blinked in confusion as he remembered that her and the flame Hashira were banned from that buffet as they were running the poor man's business into the ground with how much they ate.

.

.

.

"The one who has won 1st place in both rounds, he's quiet and looks harmless, but he's rather deadly. It's Tsuyuri [Name] from the hero course!" [Name] walked out as the crowds cheered loudly for him. "Versus, Sparking Killing Boy, from the hero course, it's Kaminari Denki!"

"This'll be a very interesting battle! Ready... start!"

Instantly, Kaminari was ready to discharge all the electricity he was capable of. However, when he released it [Name] simply jumped and avoided the electricity before landing a strong kick to Kaminari's head, causing a dent of Kaminari to be left permanently on the ground.

"It was decided in an instant! He stood no chance!" Present Mic mocked.

"Tsuyuri advances to the next round!" Midnight announced and the crowd went crazy as [Name] simply walked off the platform and back into the secluded tunnel.

'Kanae, I don't want to insult others, but that was quite easy'