Chapter 19 🍀

[Name] was sat in between Uraraka and Iida as the two next to him began speaking about the match between Todoroki and Midoriya.

"Sorry for the wait, folks! Now let's dive straight in to the first match of the second round! The man who won a huge victory in the first round, Todoroki Shoto, from the hero course, vs. the one who barely passed the first round, from the hero course, it's Midoriya Izuku!" Present Mic yelled as Uraraka gripped onto the railing with one hand and [Name]'s jacket sleeve with the other, making sure to not accidentally touch him and make him float like last time.

"Ready... start!"

In the blink of an eye, Todoroki sent barrages of ice straight at Midoriya, attempting to finish the match quickly, but with a flick from Midoriya's finger, the ice was shattered and Todoroki covered his face with his arm to avoid getting hit in the face by any of the shards flying past him. He also had a thick layer of ice behind him to prevent him being blown out of bounds.

This cycle repeated as Midoriya's fingers broke one by one. After he broke all the fingers aside from his thumb on his right hand, Todoroki gained confidence and began getting closer. Midoriya's leg got caught on Todoroki's ice, and Midoriya sacrificed his left arm to free himself. However, despite the powerful gust that was sent after the punch, Todoroki still saved himself from going out of bounds.

Todoroki sent another attack, thinking that since all of Midoriya's fingers were broken, he would get an easy victory, but what he didn't expect was his ice to be shattered and fired back at him once more, and Midoriya's previous broken fingers looked even worse than they were before, and [Name] could sense Shinobu's rage at Midoriya from where he currently sat.

While it seemed like Todoroki had the upper hand, if you had great eyes like [Name], you would see Todoroki quivering from the cold, and it seemed Midoriya picked up on that as well.

"Come at me with everything you've got!" Midoriya yelled, and [Name] turned to look at Bakugo, who was also looking at him.

______

[Name] stood listening to Todoroki's past, but hearing footsteps made him look up to see Bakugo also wanting to spy. Both stared at each other for a few seconds in awkward silence before continuing to listen.

______

It seemed Midoriya's words made Todoroki mad as he began charging at Midoriya, yet he wasn't as fast as expected, probably due to the frost clinging to his body. However, Midoriya landed a solid punch to Todoroki's stomach, sending him flying back, yet Todoroki was able to freeze part of Midoriya's arm.

Todoroki's attacks were slower, yet Midoriya was getting more injured as time went on. Now [Name] could sense both Shinobu's and Recovery Girl's rage. "Stop screwing around!" Midoriya yelled, "It's your power, is it not!?". Todoroki soon burst into flames as Uraraka hid her face behind [Name] due to the intense heat.

"Shoto!" A loud recognisable voice was heard from the crowd as Endeavor stomped to the edge of the barrier, "You've finally accepted yourself. This is where it all starts with my blood. You'll become number 1!"

Present Mic was a bit confused at Endeavor's sudden support but kept commentating on the battle. However, Midnight and Cementoss were planning to put a stop to it, but Todoroki and Midoriya both let off powerful attacks, sending debris flying at the audience as Uraraka held on to [Name] and Iida to not get blown back by the gust.

Once the smoke cleared, [Name] saw Midoriya out of bounds, ready to collapse at any second, which he did not long after, while Todoroki was somehow still inside.

"M-Midoriya is out of bounds... Todoroki advances!" Midnight called out as the crowds cheered louder than in any other match.

Both Iida and [Name] looked at each other before they left to prepare for their battle against one another.

.

.

.

Before he had arrived, he was confronted by Shinazugawa, who was threatening that if he didn't win, he would impale him with his sword and leave him for the villains, to which a hand was placed on his shoulder and a furious Shinobu smiled threateningly at her co-worker for threatening her Tsugoku.

"Our next battle is between the one who got tricked last round, Iida Tenya from the hero course, and the silent danger, Tsuyuri [Name], also from the hero course!" Present Mic announced as Iida approached solemnly and [Name] approached with his trademark fake smile.

"Ready... start!"

Iida instantly charged in as quick as he could to which [Name] simply evaded and delivered a well-placed kick to Iida's jaw, sending him tumbling back, but he luckily stopped himself before he fell out of bounds.

"Recipro Burst!" Iida yelled before appearing behind [Name] and attempting to shove him out of bounds, but just before they reached the edge, [Name] threw himself to the side, and Iida was lucky enough to avoid falling out of bounds. "You're quick, Tsuyuri, but I will beat you!" Iida yelled.

[Name]'s hand reached across his body to draw his sword and point it at Iida before lowering his body, preparing to attack. They both ran at each other, but Iida was on the defensive while [Name] elegantly landed hits on Iida, being careful to only cut him and not do any more damage.

"Eight Form : Chrysanthemum"

[Name] was suddenly in the air before spinning and aiming his sword at the ground, causing Iida to be blinded by the camellias before he felt a harsh kick to his stomach, sending him back. Iida was prepared to run at him again.

"Iida is out of bounds!" Midnight yelled as Iida looked to see his foot placed outside the white line. Iida gritted his teeth in annoyance as he lowered his head in shame. Iida felt even more embarrassed as he knew [Name] purposely missed the attack and he lost all because he couldn't see due to some flowers. "Tsuyuri moves onto the third round!"

[Name] walked away leaving Iida in embarrassment as he realised he would be going against Todoroki and considering his new change in heart he'll be going against flames too.

'Kanae, I'm getting closer to winning'