Chapter 27 ❇

"Oh, are you wounded kids awake?" Gran Torino stepped in with Manual behind him. "Kid, I've got a lot of complaints for you." Gran Torino huffed as Midoriya attempted to apologise for his behaviour. "Before I scold you, however, you have a visitor." The three students turned to see Hosu's chief of police, who looked like a dog. "Hosu's chief of police, Tsuragamae Kenji."

Iida and Todoroki immediately stood up to bow as Midoriya struggled to stand.

"Oh, it's fine, you can stay seated." The chief said before woofing. "You must be the U.A students that took down the Hero Killer. Am I right?"

"Regarding the hero killer we arrested, he had many injuries, burns, broken bones, and even had extremely potent poison in his system. He's lucky to be alive." The chief said as the three students turned to the one currently asleep.

"But, Tsuyuri said he didn't have poison, especially a strong one." Todoroki interjected.

"He may have lied to keep the Hero Killer unaware of the poison he was concealing. We don't know for sure though, so ask him once he awakens." The chief responded calmly. "You are U.A students, so I assume you already know that when quirks became normal, the police created many laws regarding the use of them. Meaning, what you did is a violation of those rules."

"The four of you, and pro heroes Endeavor, Manual, Gran Torino, and the master of the corps agency, along with Uzui Tengen and Kanroji Mitsuri, will all receive strict punishments." The chief said as Todoroki stomped forward.

"Hold on a second. If Iida hadn't intervened, then Native would have been killed. If Midoriya hadn't, then both would have been killed. If me and Tsuyuri hadn't turned up, Iida and Native would have been slaughtered! Are you saying we should have just let that happen?" Todoroki was furious as Midoriya attempted to calm him down.

"Are you saying it's fine to break the rules as long as everything turns out fine?" The chief asked while narrowing his eyes.

"You damn mutt!" Todoroki stormed towards the chief as Midoriya and Iida yelled for him to stop.

"Oh my, I walk in here and expect a civil conversation, yet you're all being discourteous. There are other patients in here, don't you realise?" A sweet melodic voice called out as the group turned to see the Insect Hashira.

"Now, why don't you students listen to the chief's next point?" She said this before standing next to Gran Torino.

"As I was about to say, this punishment would only happen if it got released to the public. While you would all be praised, you would have to experience the punishment . However, the burns could indicate it was Endeavor who saved the day, and the poison can be narrowed down to Kocho, and then you won't experience punishment." The chief explained as Shinobu's smile tightened as she saw [Name] in the hospital bed.

"Which do you prefer?" He asked, and the three agreed to the second option as Manual sighed, explaining how they'd still have to take responsibility for not keeping an eye on them. Iida bowed and apologised as Manual gave him a light scolding.

The others began apologising as Kocho stood over [Name] in the hospital bed. "I'm sorry about Tsuyuri. I was too slow to react," Midoriya apologised as Kocho turned to him with a smile.

"It's alright, he got injured to save you, but it just shows he cares about his friends," She smiled before leaving the room, her face falling into a frown as she walked.

"Kanae..." She whispered as she shook out the image of [Name] in the hospital bed being slowly transformed into Kanae as the heart monitor slowed until a long, high-pitched beeping sound resonated in the room.

She cleared her head as she headed back to the agency.

.

.

.

"I'm glad you and Iida are okay. How is Tsuyuri?" Uraraka asked as her voice became softer when mentioning the unconscious male.

"He has yet to wake up, but I promise to let you know as soon as he does," Midoriya promised, as Uraraka sighed in concern.

"Alright, get some rest and as soon as Tsuyuri cracks an eye lid, call me." She ordered before hanging up the call, as Midoriya's face was flushed in embarrassment at talking to a girl over the phone.

Arriving back in his hospital room, he was met with a downcast Iida, Todoroki, and the unconscious [Name]. "Ah, he still hasn't woken up yet... Iida, Uraraka said-"

"Midoriya." Todoroki's voice cut Midoriya off. "Iida finished getting examined and [Name] was also tested as well." Midoriya turned to his classmate.

"My left hand might have long-term damage," He said, as Midoriya's eyes widened at the information. "Also, the nurses who checked [Name] saw his scars and mentioned they were probably whip marks and how they were old, maybe 5-6 years. He also has many other scars that are much older and they said they're similar to scars from abuse victims,"

Midoriya looked at [Name] in shock. "How? I mean, he's Kocho Kanae and Shinobu's younger brother?"

"What if he isn't?" The two looked at Todoroki and were shocked by his suggestion. "I mean, look at the last names. If he was born into the family, he would be Kocho [Name] and not Tsuyuri [Name]."

"But their quirks, his is so similar to Kanae's!" Midoriya contradicted, as Todoroki shrugged.

"Some people can be born with similar quirks and similar appearances and not be related." Todoroki commented before they all just stared at [Name] and his many, many scars.

.

.

.

He opened his eyes, but they instantly shut due to the brightness as [Name] groaned slightly. It was late and [Name] felt pressure on his legs, so he sat up painfully to see Midoriya asleep on a chair with his head resting on [Name]'s legs. Seeing a bunch of tubes in his arm and many bandages around his torso, [Name] lied back down before closing his eyes once more, hissing at the pain of his wounds that were screaming and angry at his movements. He lied back down and began to use recovery breathing, attempting to hasten his recovery.

Kanae, it hurts, just like back then.'