Chapter 23 ❃

[Name] was handed a whiteboard, on which he neatly wrote his name down before staring back ahead. He didn't need a fancy name. The squeaking of whiteboard pens and frustrated sighs filled the room for a while, until Midnight's voice caught everyone's attention once more.

"Let's start with the ones that are ready to share," Midnight instructed, and Aoyama stood up first to present. He stood still for a second or two before holding the whiteboard high above his head. "Shining Hero: I Can Not Stop Twinkling!" Midnight quickly took the board and began fixing the hero name.

"It'll be easier to say if you take out the 'I' and shorten 'can not' to 'can't'" Midnight smiled before handing the board back to Aoyama.

Ashido enthusiastically volunteered next as she bounced up to the front of the class. "Alien Queen!" Midnight immediately disagreed with the name, and Ashido was sent back disappointed.

"Then can I go next?" Asui held up her hand before walking to the front. "I've had this name in mind since I was little, Rainy Season Hero: Froppy,"

"So cute and it makes you seem friendly. Great job Tsu!" Midnight clapped her hands together as members of the class began chanting 'Froppy'.

"Then I'll go next. Sturdy Hero: Red Riot!" Kirishima announced as Midnight questioned if the name was inspired by Crimson Riot and how he'll have to live up to high expectations.

"Hearing Hero: Earphone Jack!" Jiro smiled confidently at the hero name she had chosen for herself, and Midnight agreed, "That's good! Next." Midnight smiled.

"Tentacle Hero: Tentacole," Shoji quietly spoke as [Name] heard Mineta making weird noises.

"Taping Hero: Cellophane." Sero was blushing in embarrassment but sighed in relief once Midnight gave him a thumbs up.

"Martial Arts Hero: Tailman." Ojiro held up his tail and flexed it.

"Sweets Hero: Sugarman!" Sato smiled determinedly, and it paid off when Midnight gushed at the cute name.

"Pinky!" Ashido clenched her eyes shut tightly and smiled brightly once Midnight cheered her on.

"Stun Gun Hero: Chargebolt!" Kaminari explained the reasoning behind how he created the name, even though it was kind of obvious, but Midnight was filled with effervescence at it.

"Stealth Hero: Invisible Girl!" [Name] smiled at Hagakure's enthusiasm, and so did Midnight.

"Everything Hero: Creati," Yaoyorozu stood proper as she swore to honour the name.

"Shoto." Todoroki said nothing else as Midnight complained about it being just his name but couldn't convince him to change it.

"Jet-Black Hero: Tsukuyomi." Tokoyami brought back Midnight's cheerful personality once more.

"Fresh-Picked Hero: Grape Juice" Mineta couldn't see over the desk.

'Petting Hero: Anima' Koda didn't say anything, but Midnight got the message.

"King Explosion Murder!" Bakugo announced, leaving the class in silence as Midnight sent him back to his seat with a bit of resistance from Bakugo.

"Uravity..." Uraraka was clearly nervous but was relieved by Midnight clapping her hands.

"Well all that's left is Tsuyuri, Iida, Midoriya and Bakugo who needs to rethink," Midnight looked at the four students as [Name] stood up making Midnight smile giddily. "Ooh! I'm so excited!"

"Flower Hashira: Tsuyuri [Name]" [Name] spoke before beginning to walk back to his seat, even when Midnight spoke.

"That's cute that you want to be a Hashira due to your family, but don't you think you can come up with a slightly different name?" Midnight suggested it, but [Name] shrugged and she gave up.

"Tenya." Iida said as Midnight questioned why he was using his first name too, but Iida didn't respond, so Midnight called Midoriya up to present.

"Deku. I didn't like this name until now, but someone changed the meaning of it for me and that made me happy, so I want this as my hero name!" Midoriya explained as Uraraka lit up as Bakugo scoffed.

Midnight called his reasoning adorable and let him have the name, while Bakugo came up with 'Lord Explosion Murder' but was rejected once more and now doesn't have a hero name.

.

.

.

"Now that everyone has chosen their hero names, let's talk about internships once more," Aizawa had many papers in his hands as he explained. "Those that had requests, you'll be given your own separate list."

[Name] sweat dropped at the massive stack of papers he had been given, as it might take ages to find the request from Ubuyashiki. Even his classmates felt pity for him.

His classmates began looking through their papers as [Name] was scanning for the one he was looking for. "Hey, has anyone decided yet?" Ashido asked as Mineta pointed at himself and claimed to be going to Mt. Lady, to which Asui called him out for his perverted intentions.

"Tsuyuri, have you decided yet?" Uraraka walked up to [Name] with a smile, to which [Name] nodded as Uraraka smiled brightly. "Really? You had a lot of requests! Who did you go for?"[Name] handed her his paper as she smiled at his choice. "As expected, but it's great that you're going to such an amazing agency," She gleamed as she handed the paper back.

[Name] flipped his coin before turning to her with a smile, "I can ask the master to request for you as well if you'd like, they are very experienced and I believe you'd learn a lot from them,"

"No thanks, I've already decided," Uraraka smiled as [Name] looked curious, to which Uraraka answered. "Battle Hero: Gunhead," [Name] nodded as she explained her choice, that despite the fact she wants to be a rescue hero, she wants to gain more options.

Uraraka then went to ask Midoriya as [Name] stood up and walked to the faculty room and handed in his paper.

"Are you sure? This soon?" Midnight asked to which [Name] nodded as she sighed and took the paper from him as he left.

"Ah! Tsuyuri, let's walk home together!" Uraraka called out as [Name] flipped his coin before walking away. However, Uraraka and Midoriya ran and caught up to him quite quickly.

"You're quite fast, aren't you, Tsuyuri?" Midoriya sweat dropped as he and Uraraka were speed walking to keep up. [Name] seemed to notice their struggle and they believed he would slow down, but instead [Name] walked quicker.

"Tsuyuri!" Uraraka yelled as she and Midoriya broke out into a quick jog as they looked at [Name]'s face, who had a stoic expression, yet the corners of his lips were raised slightly. "You're enjoying this, aren't you!?"

'I feel... happy? Kanae.'