Preface

Name: Raya Reed

Name: Raya Reed

Hobbies: Baking, Cooking, Art, watching Anime

Language Fluency: English, Italian, Japanese

Hero Name: Nova

Quirk: Energy Manipulation

She is more powerful during the day. The surroundings (e.g. sun) can, in a sense, "recharge her." At night she still is able to use her quirk but not to the extent of power she has during the day. She is also able to replenish her energy stores by eating foods high in carbs or sugar (similar to Fat Gum). Everything around us has energy/is energy, meaning she can:

- Manipulate light: able to make herself invisible by altering the waves of light as they hit her body. Working on being able to make others/objects invisible

- Alter energy levels/vibrations of atoms (e.g., can start/extinguish fires, etc.)

- Create a forcefield of energy around her (requires more energy; currently maxes out at 10minute intervals with 30-minute cooldown if using a full-body type shield)

- Energy emitter/laser (requires more energy; currently maxes out at 1 large blasts (KO-type damage), or 10 smaller blasts (3rd degree burn type damage)

Age: 26

Family: No living members

Mother- Margaret Reed (deceased)- Quirk: Telekinesis

Father- Jonathan Reed (deceased)- Quirk: Thunder Cloud Manipulation. Hero Name: Nimbus #25 on US Hero Billboard

Backstory:

Raya was a quiet kid with social anxiety growing up. She lived in the suburbs of New York with her parents. Her father, Jon Reed, being #25 on the US Hero Billboard made it difficult to see him most days because he was so busy. But when he was home, he was always present and made time for her. He showed her what it meant to be a hero. To protect and care for those around you. Raya's mother was a baker, owning her own bakery on the Upper East Side of NYC. She taught Raya the importance of family and spreading happiness to those around you.

Regardless of her parents' teachings, it was hard for Raya to make friends because she couldn't fully control her quirk. Anytime she felt strong emotions there would be bursts of color, like mini fireworks, over her head. Its hard to blend in with the crowd if anytime you were scared or nervous, there would be a light-show dancing over you.

At the end of her first day of high school, she arrived home to an empty house. It wasn't too worrying because her father tends to come and go depending on how busy it is. And her mother normally closes the bakery later in the evening. However, as it became later Raya decided to give her mom a call. *No answer* She decided to give her father a call. *No answer* After a few more failed attempts, Raya began to worry. Some time after, she heard the doorbell ring. Normally her parents would just use the garage to enter or their keys, so she slowly walked to the front door. Upon opening the door she was greeted by two police officers, and standing beside them was All-Might himself. Immediately she knew something was wrong when she looked at their somber faces. She couldn't remember anything after the police officer said, " I'm sorry...we tried everything we could, they didn't make it."

Apparently after his patrol, Raya's father went to surprise his wife at the bakery for their Anniversary. Unbenounced to him, he was being followed. Onlookers reported seeing dark purple mist, a flash of light, and suddenly the whole complex erupted in flame. By the time heroes arrived and extinguished the fire, it was too late. Jon and Margaret Reed were dead. No potential suspects were seen, and the case remained a mystery.

Everything was a blur after that.

Raya learned to control her quirk and manipulate different forms of energy during her years in high school. She learned how to hone her abilities. She was driven to become stronger to one day put her parents killer behind bars and to protect children from facing the loss she had.

After graduating high school, Raya became an underground hero in New York City. She's assisted the police in taking down child-kidnapping rings, cartel operations, and defeating rampaging villains. Despite her bright namesake, she prefers to work in the shadows, to prevent those around her from being targeted and murdered in cold-blood like her parents.

However, recently, Raya felt a need for change, to do more, make a bigger impact, go to the next level. It started to feel like a monotonous cycle of sleep-eat-kickass-repeat. Raya grew restless, so she started training new interns, helping them grow to be stronger heroes. And as if the heavens were listening, one day after patrol, she received a call from an unknown number...

"Hello! Is this Nova the Energy Hero? I'm Nezu, Principal at U.A. in Japan."

"Yes, this is Nova. What can I do for you Principal Nezu?"

"You can just call me Nezu. And I would like to thank you for allowing one of our third-year students intern with you this past year. They have come back stronger and more driven than ever, singing your praises."

"Thank you Nezu that is good to hear... It was no trouble at all. I love training young new heroes, pushing them to gain better control of their quirk and teaching them how to become stronger heroes."

"It's wonderful to hear you say that because I have also called to present you with a job offer... "