Chapter 28: Starlight

A/N

Sprinkling a little more plot to this story. Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Updates may be sporadic, mental health is taking a hit these past couple weeks b/c of school and personal life shit. Its been rough to say the least. But writing does help me escape for a bit, so some weeks may turn up with a couple chapters, then maybe radio silence for a bit. Regardless, I have a personal hang-up that I will never abandon a story, so I can ensure you, my dear readers, that you will not be left high and dry.

----------------------

Nobody's POV

"Am I interrupting something?" A cocky voice rings into the room

Turning to face the door, the two teachers are greeted with an arrogant man-bird smiling from ear to ear. "Room for one more?" He chirps.

Raya snaps her fingers, igniting a small flame on her palm. She begins to walk menacingly, with a crooked grin and mischievous stare, toward the soon-to-be fried chicken. "I think it's a bit too hot for you to handle, yeah? Something tells me those pretty little feathers of yours aren't flame retardant...want to find out?"

Aizawa tucks into his capture weapon, hiding the satisfied grin. My kitten, not afraid to show your claws, he thinks.

"Woah woah woah, I yield." Hawks holds his hands up in defeat. He walks toward the pair and nudges the erasure hero on the arm. "Man, she has been crushing on you for the longest time. Every time she came to Japan to work on a case, all I would hear from her was... Eraserhead this, Eraserhead that."

With a smirk, Aizawa peers out of the corner of his eye to Raya. He immediately notices the red tinge on her ears and cheeks, as she stares stunned at Hawks with widened eyes.

Hawks laughs loudly, "It got so bad I even bought her an Eraserhead bod-"

Aizawa perks up, wondering what Hawks was going to say. But unfortunately for him Raya, with her quick reflexes, leaps over and tackles Hawks to the ground. "Shut the fuck up or else I'll tell Mount Lady the location of your new nest."

Hawks pales, "You wouldn't...you're bluffing." He narrows his eyes at her trying, to determine whether she is lying or not.

Raya exudes confidence, which is only accentuated by her cocky, unwavering smirk.

Hawks realizes she isn't bluffing and sighs, "I just got that crazy chick off my back. She stalked me for two whole years, trying to pester me into going on a date with her. After about the thirtieth time of saying no, on a mission, she tried cutting a piece of my hair so that 'I will always be with her." Hawks grumbles, rolls his eyes, and looks at Raya, "I won't say another word."

"