Chapter 6: Echo Bar

Raya POV

"What would you like to drink?"

"Whiskey on the rocks, whatever is good."

For a second, Aizawa looks at me slightly surprised but returns to a stoic expression. He turns to the rest of the group and gets their drinks, then heads to the bar.

"Little listener, tell me your secrets. How'd you convince the grump of our group to buy first round?" Yamada asks, looking at me captivated, waiting to hang on to every word.

"I have a second quirk, mind manipulation." I look at him while wiggling my fingers in his direction.

"REALLY?!"

"No." I deadpan.

Yamada wines, and midnight interjects, "She's a woman, it's not hard to sway the minds of men~." She winks.

With red tinged cheeks, I decided to come clean before allowing Yamada and Nemuri to continue their fantasy filled train of thought, "While training the kids today, we placed a bet on our one-on-one fight."

Toshi looks at me with a grin, "Well that happened sooner that I thought. We always speculated how that fight would turn out."

"What do you mean Toshinori?" Nemuri asks.

I look over to Toshi with pleading eyes. Oh god Toshi, don't tell them that I've been crushing on this guy for the longest time. Toshi and I would even talk nerdily at lengths who would be able to overcome the other in a one-on-one battle. I mean...we did this with a lot of heroes, but after Toshi started working at U.A., we've focused our talks more on the Eraser hero... admittedly, more so my doing. Its good practice to breakdown an opponent's move set, it helps work your mind, analyzing various ways out of potential situations (or that's what I like to tell myself to rationalize my focus on the Eraser hero).

Toshi gives me a mischievous look...oh fuck. "Young Raya has been an Eraserhead fan for quite some time." If the ground could just open up and swallow me right now, that would be great. I think simultaneously as I slap my hands on my face to avoid the mayhem that is about to break out, not to mention I can only assume my face is bright red, I can even feel my ears on fire.

There is a pause for a second, then Yamada and Nemuri bark out in laughter. "oh my god, kill me now." I mutter under my breath.

Toshi opens his mouth again and my eyes burst open in his direction, "Remember that Christmas gift I got you, you know the..." My eyes widen, I immediately jump over and slam into the table as slap my hand over his mouth, not even using my quirk, in an attempt to prevent the possibility of anyone being able to read lips. The last thing I need is for them to know that he gave me a mini Eraserhead plush, I'd never hear the end of it.

I stare him in the eyes with a deathly glare "Toshi, I swear to God... if you finish that statement, I will shave your head and superglue an Endeavor doll to it."

Muffled laughs make their way through my hand, I remove it for a second, maintaining my glare, he continues, "HA HA HA, I'm sorry Raya, I was just having a little fun. I promise I won't say anymore."

"NOOOOO! TELL US!" Yamada and Nemuri plead simultaneously.

"I cannot. I promised." Toshi responds and they turn their heads to me pouting.

I look over to see Aizawa coming over with the drinks and get up immediately to avoid furthering that conversation.

We get back to the table and I start handing out the drinks: beers for Thirteen, Vlad, and Yamada... Midnight got the sangria... Whiskey on the rocks for myself and Aizawa...and Toshi with a water.