Chapter 1: Change is... Good?

Raya POV

Raya POV

I cant believe it... After all this time, am I finally catching a break?

'I have to be transparent with you, Nova. I'm unaware if you've heard but U.A. was recently attacked by a group called the League of Villians...the main villians leading the attack included one who can disintegrate his opponents body part with one touch and the other who can transport using his purple mist quirk... I understand if you want to turn down this offer... We believe you would be a good fit in supporting and protecting our young aspiring heroes.'

I know it's a long shot, but could it be my parents killer or is it just coincidence? Either way, I was going to say yes before he started explaining the finer details about becoming an assistant teacher at U.A. One year assisting one of the current faculty, and the following year I would be able to have my own class. Pay was more than I thought, but after my time working with government agencies on large cases, I've made enough to retire on a private island. I've gotten to the point where I donate most of it.

The move wouldn't be so terrible either, I already have reciprocity in Japan for my hero license. In the past couple of years, after gaining some notoriety, the Hero Commission would even request my "expertise in stealth" to dig up evidence against various criminal organizations.

It was always fun to go to Japan. The food... amazing. The people...chill. The onsen...relaxing. The men...yes... just yes. Yeah, I'm going to miss NYC, the variety of food options (omg I'm going to miss NY pizza...maybe I can get some flown in... no that's crazy...or maybe...), the familiarity, the men (I've been busy recently... sue me for being a little thirsty), my colleagues, and even those crazy subway passengers.

*Ping* "59th street... stand clear of the closing doors, please" *Ping*

I walk off the platform and continue a couple blocks, finally making it to my apartment that overlooks Central Park. I toss my keys onto the kitchen counter and make my way to the large living room window.

"Yeah, I'm definitely going to miss this view."

I walk to my room, set down my duffle with my hero costume and helmet

I walk to my room, set down my duffle with my hero costume and helmet. Suddenly a familiar furry friend begins to weave in an out of my legs as I make my way back to the kitchen.