Chapter 9: First Date

Raya POV

*final bell rings*

"Reports on stealth operations due tomorrow morning at 08:00, on my desk. Not emailed at 04:00 Iida. Not at lunch break...I'm looking at you Kaminari." Aizawa says monotone glaring at the pikachu.

I laugh as the last of the students leave the room and Aizawa looks over at me questioningly. "I just find it funny, you calling them out."

He lightly smirks, "They need to learn punctuality. And for Iida, he needs to learn boundaries. That kid called me at 2 in the morning to ask about a technicality in the rubric."

"Assuming by the bags under your eyes, you were already awake at that time."

"I was, but he still shouldn't be calling that early for something so trivial."

With a smirk and some sass to the mix, I say "To be fair, you decided to answer the phone. They make this amazing feature on phones called do not disturb mode. I understand sometimes people of your age may need help with these things."

"Brat." He grumbles, almost inaudible, looking away. He looks back at me with a small smirk, and continues so I can hear him, "I suppose in my ancient age, I must've forgotten what I was going to do after class...hmm." He holds his hand up to his chin as he walks out of the classroom with his things.

Wait...but...date...He left me dumbfounded in the classroom for a couple seconds.

Speed walking to catch up with him, I wrap my arm through his that has a hand lazily dug in a pocket. "Good thing you've got me to remind you then." Smiling at him, "Plus, I like my men a little older." I wiggle my eyebrows.

He chuckles, "How old do you think I am?" Old enough to ride this ride... wait don't say that you idiot.

"Old enough that we can go grab a drink, young enough where you haven't started collecting retirement payments."

"Smartass."

I raise my hand to my chin, "I don't believe smart would be a good descriptor of my ass...maybe plump, round, squishy..." I trail off.

"I see the name still fits." He replies almost mockingly. I look at him with confusion and he continues in a deep tone, "Bratty kitten." A shiver rolls up my spine and something in my stomach begins to twist.

He chuckles, leaving me dumbfounded once again.

Snapping back into reality and changing the subject before I get too frustrated, "So where are we headed?" We enter the teachers lounge to pick up admin papers in our mailboxes.

"Hmm, not sure if I can recall at my old age."

"You're not going to give that up are you?" He looks at me in the side of his eye and continues leafing through papers

"You're not going to give that up are you?" He looks at me in the side of his eye and continues leafing through papers. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I just wanted to push your buttons a little. Can we pleaseee still go? I've been looking forward to it all day, especially since the last couple days have been less than spectacular." I plead with big doe eyes.