Chapter 7: Raya returns

Four days later, Wednesday morning @ 05:15

Raya POV

*turns to lay on right side*........*turns to lay on left side* ...... *turns to lay on back*..... *turns and shoves face in pillows*

You'd think after four grueling days of interrogation, I'd be able to sleep like a baby. I groan because I know better, those interrogations always take a toll on me. I've woken up 8 times in the last 6 hours.

"Fuck it, I'm not going back to sleep." I get up and head for the shower. While putting on my hero uniform, Gigi lazily looks up at me and immediately plops her head down, falling back asleep. I give her a quick peck, make my way to the kitchen to set out her food, and walk out the door.

...

I pull into my spot at U.A. and head to the teachers lounge. Maybe I can come up with a training exercise to improve 1-A's reaction times/detection skills and I can finish any grading Aizawa has left behind. I just need to do something, get my mind off the last couple of days...

While I'm heading to the lounge, I lazily look up into one of the rooms and see music equipment. Stopped at the entrance of the room. Maybe...

I walk into the room, look over at the amp with a guitar hooked up to it. Reaching out, I hesitate... this is stupid, I don't want someone walking in on me messing with this stuff...But it is early, nobody is here, and this would help me release some pent-up stress... With a smirk, I sling the strap over my shoulder, and I play around with the guitar, tuning it. I sit down next to the amp, and I plug in my phone.

*Opens Spotify, presses play*

Shota POV

"SHOOOOO, if I knew asking for a ride would mean having to come early, I would've just taken an uber."

"Hiz, what's the rule..."

"No sounds above 50 decibels until I have my coffee." He says mockingly as we walk into the building.

"I assigned the kids a paper last week, when I assumed I would have an extra set of hands, so it's taking me a little longer."

"When do you think she is coming back?"

I shrug, "Not sure, I didn't want to distract her by texting. Even Toshinori isn't sure whe-" I stop talking and raise an eyebrow at some weird sounds permeating down the hall.

Hiz and I both look in the direction of the noise as the door to the teachers' lounge opens with Toshinori poking his head out. We all look at each other confused because nobody is in this early.

"Toshinori, what are you doing here this early?" Hiz asks, as we walk down the hall, looking for the source of noise.

"Ah, well... during my class with the kids yesterday, Young Midoriya injured himself and I forgot to fill-out the incident report. Trying to finish it, to hand in to Nezu." He scratches the back of his neck embarrassed.

Hiz tilts his head, "Someone is tuning a guitar. Are the support classes having an early start?"

"Not that I'm aware of." I say.

As we round the corner, someone clears their throat, music starts to play, and they start singing. We all peak inside the room, and all three of our mouths drop when we see who it is...Raya. She's back.

[Be My Escape by Reliant K ] : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-FPtnyxvs&ab_channel=RelientK

"I've given up on giving up slowly,