Chapter 20: Practical Exams Pt.1

Raya POV

Cementos, Ectoplasm, and Power loader all finished their matches against the students.

I flip open my pad to review the notes I took for the first three fights:

Kirishima and Sato v. Cementos: relied too heavily on their quirks giving them brute strength. They need to learn how to quickly analyze a situation, size up the opposition, and come up with a rational plan. Can be as strong as All Might but if you don't use your head, it will lead to disaster. (FAIL)

Asui and Tokoyami v Ectoplasm: Great teamwork, worked well together. Work on ideas with Tokoyami to improve dark shadow, need to improve its weaknesses (he needs darkness to unleash full power; similar but opposite to my own quirk). Show Asui how versatile/amazing her quirk is and not to be embarrassed by how its used. Both showed great understanding of their opponent and were able to pivot their plan of action when their backs were against the wall. (PASS)

Ida and Ojiro v. Power Loader: Great analysis of their opponent. Were able to work together with no issues. Ida was able to come up with a plan and execute, self-sacrificing himself to ensure the "heroes" would prevail in the end. It was a good strategy for the exam, ensure he isn't looking for unnecessary risk. There are times for self-sacrifice, but don't go looking for opportunities to throw yourself on the stake. Ojiro was able to follow orders effectively and complete the mission. (PASS)

After a quick glance at my notes I see Shota loosening his scarf and preparing to head to the testing grounds. Before he was able to leave, he looked over to me and walked over. I picked up the bag of popcorn I retrieved from the vending machines and opened it.

"Okay, and now I'm ready for the show to begin."

"Really?" He says expressionlessly.

"Oh yeah, *sends a Mini firework of light in the air around him* I can't wait to see the little Todoroki and Momo kick butt." I say excitedly with a wide grin, flicking a piece of popcorn into my mouth.

From behind me I hear a loud breathy laugh from Toshi and I send him a glare to shut up.

"Shouldn't you shrink down and conserve your energy Toshi? Hush."

Returning to the erasure hero, I'm met with a barely visible smile.

"Reprimanding the number one hero, are you looking for a fight?" Shota asks.

"No, she's just a little embarrassed, becomes defensive when she is." Toshi explains.

"No I don't!"

Ignoring my protest, Toshi continues, "Finally getting to see your favorite hero in action. Its understandable to be excited." My mouth drops, I'm going to kill the number one hero... Toshi prepare to die.

"You don't need to be embarrassed. If you want, I can even give you my autograph after the match, yeah?" Shota teases.

"Whoa Sho, signing an autograph?! Who for?" Mic enters the conversation.

I don't even need a mirror to see how red my face is with embarrassment. Immediately I obscure myself with my quirk, only to be thwarted by the scruffy-faced jackass, eyes alight red, filled with amusement over the entire situation.

Shota turns to Mic, while gesturing towards me, "To my number one fan."

"I hate you all." I mutter under my breath as Mic starts poking my shoulders and laughing at my discomfort. Meanwhile Shota heads toward the exit with a victorious smirk.