Chapter 147

Su Mian and Grandma Su returned home. When no one was there, she simply said that it might cool down later.

Once it cools down, the land would be frozen. By that time, the grass wouldn't grow, and the crops would freeze to death. The crystal cores of advanced ice Elemental Beasts would no longer work, and it was extremely important to collect a large number of combustibles.

Grandma Su was slightly surprised, she held her hand and said, "The high temperature burns everything. Once it cools down, what will we use to keep warm?"

"We'll go to the back of the mountain to chop wood, and last year we stored a large number of charcoal fires in the cellar, which can last for a while." Su Mian was also a bit worried. The advanced fire-based Elemental Beasts's crystal cores didn't have the heating function. She was afraid that the glacial period would be as long as the high-temperature period. How should they spend the long cold winter then?

"Don't worry, you'll find a way," Grandma Su comforted her and then went to tell the villagers that even if the temperature dropped, they couldn't go out.

At noon, Luo Qi came over with a letter and said that Luo Hansheng was going to have a meeting until the evening, and he wouldn't return for dinner at night. Luo Qi passed the letter and hurriedly returned. It seemed that the sudden drop in temperature had a great impact.

Su Mian simply stayed to accompany her grandma for dinner, and by night the temperature had become very obvious, coupled with the freezing effect of ice-based crystal core, Su Mian felt like the winter had started.

She found the winter supplies that she kept in the gourd space for more than a year, and left three or four quilts and down jackets for her grandmother, and then helped her grandmother to make the bed.

Luo Hansheng came in from the outside when they were making the bed.

The man was always in black clothes and black pants. Fortunately, his skin was fair.

"Grandma, Xiao Mian."

"Why are you here? Didn't you say that the meeting will last till late at night?" Su Mian was slightly surprised.

"Did you eat? If not, I'll make two dishes for you," Grandma Su smiled.

"I ate in the conference room. I came to pick up Xiao Mian home," Luo Hansheng smiled slightly, looking at Su Mian's eyes softly.

"Well, you can go back, Xiao Mian has been with me the whole day," Grandma Su smiled, seeing that the relationship between the two was always the same as when they were just married, she felt relieved.

Su Mian took Luo Hansheng's arm and stepped on the moonlight to go home.

The bloody moon in the sky had faded and returned to the cold moon before the end of the world.

"Is it cold?" The man took the scarf and hat out of the storage space, helped her wrap it around. Then he took the opportunity to hold her and stole a kiss. He didn't hold his wife all day. It was a little difficult.

Su Mian's eyes lightened, and she smiled at him, "Someone will see us."

"Then let's go home and kiss again," Luo Hansheng nodded faintly, reached out to embrace her shoulder, and went home.

Su Mian was held in his arms, feeling much warmer, and looked up and asked, "How can the temperature be so low?"

"The weather group has detected abnormal temperature data, which is related to the operation route after the solar nuclear explosion. The earth's environment may usher in drastic changes again and usher in the glacial period." Luo Hansheng said, "When the outside temperature drops to an appropriate temperature, we will put away the ice-based crystal core and prepare materials for the winter."

Su Mian breathed a sigh of relief, "For how long will it last?"

"It shouldn't be too long, but I'm not sure yet. Tomorrow we will send someone to survey the surrounding environment and see if there are trees in the deep mountains behind. We need to cut more trees for winter."

They hadn't been to the mountains for a year, and they didn't know whether it had been burned out by the high temperature, or if there were ice-based and wood-based Elemental Beasts that helped protect the area.

Su Mian nodded and said, "Haven't no flammable substances been developed out of the fire-based crystal cores?"

Luo Hansheng looked deeply at Su Mian, reached out and gently squeezed her small face, and said with a smile, "I've asked the people of the scientific research team to do research. If new combustible substances can be produced from the fire-based crystal cores, we won't be afraid no matter how long this winter is."

Su Mian snorted, pinched his face and said proudly, "It seems that with me your IQ is getting higher."

Luo Hansheng raised his lips and said, "Yes, it's all because of my darling teaching."

"Smooth, very smooth."

Su Mian saw that his skin felt too good, and she couldn't help but touch it until the man's eyes were dark and he wanted to kiss her. Then she let go, clapped her hands, and said, "Let's go back home quickly, I don't want to stay out. "

Luo Hansheng raised his eyebrows and pulled her back into his arms. Then the two walked in the moonlight back to the small house in the inner city.

In the next few days, the temperature dropped to 50 degrees, 40 degrees, and then to 30 degrees, and continued to drop.

The base put away the ice-based crystal core, and the ability holders began to team to cut trees in the mountain and kill Elemental Beasts. The base also began to produce a large number of winter materials such as quilts and cotton coats.

Su Mian also took a trip back to Hantan Village and took out all the charcoal and briquettes stored in the village cellar. These things were insulated and kept intact without any damage.

It was a pity that the quantity was limited and couldn't be supplied to the large base for a long time.

When the Qin family saw the high-temperature period pass and were informed about the cold winter, just before the glacial period arrived, the Qin siblings set off to return to the north where many volcanoes existed.

Luo Hansheng neither retained nor accepted the invitation of the Qin family to the north, but continued to stay at Anping base.

This was where he and Su Mian lived. They could survive the melting pot in the last days, and they could also survive the winter.