Chapter 148

The period of peace lasted for nearly a month. In that month, the temperature had stabilized at about 15 degrees. Not only did the spring blossom, but also the world's wildest rain fell.

The first rain after two years made everyone cheer and weep with joy. If the glacier warnings hadn't been issued by the major bases, everyone would have thought that the endless eschatology was over.

All the major bases dormant and silent in the high temperature had moved to prepare materials for the winter.

Luo Hansheng led a team to go out and kill nearby high-level Elemental Beasts, explore the surrounding environment, cut down the forest in the back mountain, and then transported it back.

Almost several households hoarded a batch of wood. Luo Qi led people to transform the houses and build a kang according to the customs of the north.

In order to save materials, two or three families would live together, build a Kang and burn wood for heating.

Su Mian has stayed in the base, small restaurants have been closed, and warm greenhouses have been set up in the planting area and livestock breeding area in the base.

Luo Hansheng had been leading the team because of his powerful ability. Su Mian had stayed in the base, and closed the small restaurant.

Warm greenhouses had been built for the plants and livestock breeding.

At noon one day, when the sky was still sunny miles away, suddenly, it became cloudy, the clouds were thick, the temperature dropped, the wind was strong, the hail fell from the sky, and the glacial period came.

Each hail was as big as a rock and could kill someone instantly.

Su Mian put up her power protection. Seeing that everyone was looking for something to evade, she hurried to the conference building of the base and found Luo Wu.

"Where is Luo Hansheng? The temperature has dropped, and the glacial period is probably coming."

Luo Wu's face was a bit ugly. He said, "The Elemental Beasts have been acting abnormally recently, so the boss has led a team to go out in the morning. Don't worry, the boss's power can quickly break through ninth-level. Even if he meets a ninth-level Elemental Beast, he can fight it. Now you calm down, he will come back before dark."

While talking, they saw that the sky was completely dark outside, and the hail hit the roof and the street like a black, life-threatening shadow.

While talking, they saw that it was completely dark outside, and the hail hit the roof and street like a deadly black shadow.

"Turn on the base's street lights," Luo Wu ordered quickly.

All the lights of the base were turned on. The sky was dark, the visibility of street lamps was very low, and snowflakes fell in the dark. In a moment, the ground and roof were covered with a thick layer of snow.

Su Mian was worried. Somehow, she thought of her previous life. It was the same heavy snow. She was frozen in the car. There were wastelands burned by high temperatures along the way. She drove to the mountain and looked for a cave everywhere. Finally, she found a cave and hid in it.

That mountain area was originally burned at the high temperatures. The cave was extremely hot and shielded from the wind. On the first day, she could still live there. The next day, the temperature began to drop. It was covered with heavy snow and no plants. There were no flammable materials, all the materials she brought were food, weapons and crystal cores.

In the end, she could only rely on the fire crystal cores to keep warm. She didn't know that she stayed for several days there until the hole was buried by snow, and the wind and snow still didn't stop outside. When all the fire crystal cores were finished, she froze to death in an unknown wilderness cave, less than a thousand miles from home.

Her idea at that time was very simple, she just wanted to go home and be free even for a moment, but she didn't expect that the sudden change in the temperature would change everything.

Su Mian waited uneasily, and soon Mu Gui, Luo Qi, and others came to the conference building. When they learned that Luo Hansheng's team had never come back, their faces turned ugly.

"The outside temperature has dropped to minus 30 degrees, and every household is kept warm. Su Mian, I went to see your grandma. She's fine, don't worry."

Su Mian nodded. She originally wanted to pick up her grandmother to live with her, but the old woman felt uncomfortable living with her granddaughter and grandson-in-law, so she lived with other eldery people.

"Thank you, I'll go to see grandma later," Su Mian's voice was hoarse. Looking at the dark sky outside, the day's light didn't exist.

"Lao Luo has strong survival ability. Don't worry, let's wait and see," Mu Gui said comfortingly when everyone looked worried.

They waited until the evening, and the outgoing ability holders returned to the base with frosty faces, and Luo Hansheng and his party were still missing.

Su Mian took a deep breath, something must have happened. He knew she was waiting for him at home.

"Today is the first day of the glacial period. The temperature will get lower later. He will definitely encounter high-level Elemental Beasts or other accidents. I will go out to find him," Su Mian said firmly.

"I'll go too," Luo Qi couldn't sit still, "If you encounter a high-level Elemental Beast, you will need high-level ability holders with you."

Mu Gui and Luo Wu looked at each other and said, "Luo Wu, you stay at the base. We'll go to look for them. Whether we find anyone or not, we'll come back before dawn."

Luo Wu was silent, looked at Su Mian, and said hesitantly, "If the boss comes back suddenly and finds that sister-in-law isn't..."

Over the past year, seeing Luo Hansheng's relationship with Su Mian, and his happiness after marriage, Luo Wu's worries about Su Mian had long been erased. Once the boss comes back and finds out that Su Mian went to look for him, he would get furious.

"If they really encounter a ninth-level Elemental Beast, only my healing ability can save the team," Su Mian frowned, and said, "Don't delay time, let's go."

"Brother Wu, don't make a fuss. Watch the base and wait for us to come back. If the boss comes back first, send us a signal. I hope that the weather quickly clears up, " Luo Qi said.

Luo Wu gritted his teeth and said, "I arranged a rescue team to join you. The temperature drop was too sudden, and there should be many ability holders trapped."

The party hurried back to prepare the equipment and materials for going out, and then left the base.