Side Chapter 2 The slow blooming of love

Tessia Pov:

After the little incident with Arthur when I couldn't sleep alone his room was always locked. It doesn't matter if he was in his room or not it was locked. Grandfather and his mother had each one key to wake him up. Therefore I couldn't do that anymore but it seems that grandfather teased him every morning by remembering him what happened that day. But why isn't it okay for us to talk until we fall asleep many kids do that right. Or at least I have heard stories about that from others. I never had friends until Arthur and Nico arrived, but they are talented in everything. I have to grow more to stand beside Arthur and of course Nico as well.

I don't know why but it seems like Arthur knows a lot about me. Can he read my mind? Did he ask the others? It doesn't matter as long as it isn't the first possibility. And Nico is kind but distant why tough when I asked him he didn't give me an answer.

Today is the day when I invite the two to go to the city with me. I know that Alea and Aya were inviting them quite often but I was never allowed to go with them. But today is different. Grandfather is out and so are mom and dad. I can go and ask them if they want to come with me and if they ask if I am allowed to I can say anything since nobody can say anything against it. Let's do it.

"Hi Art and Nico do you want to come with me?"

"With you where to the garden, library or somewhere else?"

"Somewhere else of course I am allowed to go outside with you." They looked at each other it seems like they are communicating but are not saying anything.

"Are you really Tess?"

"Y-yes of course. 'Why do you have to ask I don't want to lie to you.'

"You know it is not nice to lie and people don't like people who lie."

My heart broke. 'Why do I feel like that when he tells me that some behaviour of mine makes me less likable or attractive or less approachable.'

"I-I... I sniff just wanted to go outside with sniff you two just once."

I turned back and decided to go back to my room. I couldn't stay there longer and look at them. I felt warm do I have a fever no I am being embraced.

"See much better. Of course we will go outside with you."

"Sorry but I have to pass." Came the response from Nico

"But why?" I kind of felt happy and sad at the same time.

"First of I have something to do. Second someone has to have your back. If someone asks I can tell them that you went to the library and lastly how could I intrude on a date?" When he said that I could feel Art stiffen up and I couldn't hide my embracement.

"Nico not you too can't you guys just give us a pause please."

"No not a chance. Now go and have some fun before they are back."

We nodded and headed outside into the town. It is so lively and I have no idea from where but Art seems to have quit a lot of money.

"Where do you have that from?"

"What do you mean?"

"The money"

"Ah that is stolen."

I stopped and looked at him. It didn't seem to be a joke how could he. My food was paid by stolen money. No that couldn't be he isn't such a person. I don't believe it. "You are joking right. TELL ME THAT YOU ARE JOKING."

"Sigh" He just sighed and explained. "This money is stolen yes but it was stolen from Agrona my biological father. He wont mis it and doesn't deserve it either. So where is the problem. Mother took it when she fled here. I have it since I have an ability similar to a dimensional ring. Just bigger. I have about as much gold in here as the three royal families posses combined. Or at least I think so."