Chapter 45 Aether control

Myre Pov:

Today is the day when my grandson is starting to train with me. Kezess and I were both seeing that the boy is not as comfortable with Kezess. Therefore we decided that I will train him first in the hopes that he can learn some low level Vivum arts. He is able to use Spatium arts since he has the Spatium genus. He is also able to utilise a Aevum art even though he has no Aevum genus. And all of this just by observing my daughter and learning from the artifacts left by the Djinn. I do hope that he can grow to become enough powerful to protect the once he cares about and won't end up like my daughter. It hurts me and Kezess every time when we think about her. The only thing that makes us worried is that they have been brought up by humans. Arthur was even engaged to the princess of the elves. If that would become public then he would be treated badly or even punished harshly. What would we do if we lost him as well. We were lucky that he broke of the engagement on his own even before coming here. I guessed that he must have told her about himself being a reincarnate because as well as that he is not human. I was told by Aldir that she did not even talk about him and was always floored when he was brought up. I guess it was a trauma like experience for her. Her parents reacted hateful towards him but they don't show it since he is revered as the strongest mage of Dicathen and also a dragon, basilisk hybrid. And a royal hybrid one could say. Kezess has also changed a lot. Before he was always distasteful towards humans and other races that are not Asuras but now he doesn't even use the term lesser that often. Is it because of him? Does he fear Arthur would leave us or hate him if he continues like this? He does look just like her.

Ah they are coming here. Finally some alone time with him. Then Windsom and Arthur arrive and I open the door a bit too fast for him. Since he recoils to not being hit by the door. They look at me in confusion since I was normally not the energetic type but I just can't stay calm. Sylvie has told me so much about them. Not just about Arthur but also about the other two. They trained her and treated her with kindness. They also taught her mana arts and knowledge from their world so that she can understand the world better. Well to be honest she did not tell me that but complained that she was tortured by boring lessons for years. And only after she has learned the basics as they called it. I was surprised at that. It seems that they are very overprotective and at the same time very expectant of their little sister. Well to be honest while Arthur is her brother Nico could be seen as her half-brother. And since Cecilia is in a relationship with the boy she is like her sister for real.

I seemed to have spaced out because both of them look at me with question marks floating over their heads. "Oh, eh, please come in. Let us have some tea before we start your training. Today we will just spend some family bonding time together."

"Why are your wings not feathered?"

"Because of my beast will. It is something the mages of Dicathen have inside their mana cores."

"But why would you do something like that? You already have the realm heart physique and any monster has to be inferior to you in power. You are an Indrath after all." He transformed back to his human form and stands before me.

"That is true. But only for the mana beast in Dicathen. For beasts far beyond the lands of Dicathen like on a certain island or on Epheotus that is different."

"What did you do?" I asked with anger and fear in my voice.

"Well we went on and got rid of the undying monster known as the Hydra. He would have been unkillable but thanks to the Vritra arts we did manage to kill it."

"You did what? Do you know how dangerous that was? You could have died. And how did you get it anyway? The Hydra is no regular monster is a unique monster. One of its kind. It is as powerful as some Asuras and has ben avoided because his healing ability is too great to kill efficiently. Wait when it was you. You were here and did not even come to meet us. You even tried to stay low to not inform anyone."

"Ahem yes that is true. I did not want anyone to know of my existence. I want to partake in the war and if you would have found me then you would have taken me here and kept me from achieving what I wanted to do."

"It was still reckless. Don't you get that?"

"I get that but you seem to forget the powers that are active in this world. Agrona, Kezess they are tyrants and conducted genocides. If I don't get strong enough to stop them from what they want to do then I am just incapable of protecting who are important to me."

I was shocked how did he know? Did he even know the exact details? No that can't be can it. But saying such things just like that.

"You can't say somethings like this. You don't even know anything. What if someone heard you just now?"

"How would they hear me? You and I are the only ones that are able to move right now."

I looked around and to my surprise everything was frozen and has lost its colour.

"H-how? Since when?"

"Since you asked me to show you my dragon form of course."

"What? Why didn't I notice?"

"You were so preoccupied with my form that you didn't realize it. And how? Well I just used a high ranking aether art to stop the time. As far as I know not even Kezess can move under these circumstances. Or at least he used to be unable to do so."

"He used to be?"

"What do you know about aether?"

I was stunned. Why is he asking me this? Shouldn't it be the other way around. I answered his question with as much detail as possible and he admitted that I was right for most of the time. He then told me about fate and what it really is. He then went on a lengthy explanation about how the ancient mages used aether and how his one percent human DNA is that of a Djinn. He told me everything including the previous timeline and their goal to unite the Asuras against Kezess, start a rebellion in Alacrya and stop the war as fast as possible with as little losses as possible. The plan was risky but I had no other idea. I knew what will happen if they fail. The power that each one possesses or could posses is immense. The potential is higher then ever before. I guess he was the teacher while I was the student but to think he is able to utilise aether like mana is just unheard of. And also to have mastered most aether arts of the Djinn and from all genus. We decided to not do anything for the moment but get into contact with other clan leaders to sway them to our side.