Chapter 31 Preparations for the attack

Arthur Pov:

It has been several months since school started and we have been enjoying the slow live but now it is time to take action. The trainees have been improving a lot. They are differently talented. Feyfey, Curtis, Doradrea and Theodore are at the light orange stage right now. While Tess, Kathlyn and Claire are already at the dark yellow stage. That leaves Lilia. She has awakened far later then everyone else so she is at the light red stage but that is a huge improvement if one thinks about that she was just at the dark red stage a few months ago. They have also started to use their affinities more freely and with some creativity. Surprisingly they started going back to the basics after Feyfey and Kathlyn told them about my lesson how non attribute mana can be used and how the strongest spell is an non attribute mana art. This caused Cecilia to use that mana art on me to demonstrate the effects and shut me up from ever talking about it. Of course that was not all the training which we made them go through. Hand to hand combat without using mana is also an important aspect of fighting and after some time we allowed them to use mana. At first only to augment themselves and later also for long distance attacks.

During all that time the radical group has also formed under Kai. We have informed them about the group and told them that we couldn't do anything right now since we have too few information. But we told them about the main dangers. Namely Kai, Draneeve, Lucas and to my surprise also Clive. I was curious why he helps them but it seems that it is because of us. For one we have humiliated him and made it impossible to get close or curt Tessia and second it is also for revenge. His younger brother was also helping the king several years back organising and participating in the attack on the queen. Due to that his family was demoted but they still kept their noble title. Surprisingly the Helstea and Leywin house are known as the rising stars in the nobility. If our families bound together we have about the same influence as the Aurea or Wykes house. Of course that does not include Nico, Cecil and I. I have also heard that Lilia was loaded with marriage proposals just as Nico, Cecilia and I. We could just reject them with no problems while she had still some problems. I have also heard that there was an attack on my family after they have rejected marriage proposals for Elli. Nico and I nearly went on a rampage but were held back by Cecil and Lilia. All in all the preparations for the war were more or less done. The only problems are the traitors after all we could not really help the dwarves in the preparations when they did intend to betray us. We even told the human and elven royalty not to say anything about the defensive walls. Regis has also been a big help in finding out who exactly helped the radical group. He figured out the names and recorded all of their meetings and plans so that we have enough proof. Now the last few steps in our plans are needed. We will have to go to the dungeon with the other students and save Lance Alea from Uto. She might be stronger but that is not enough. He might be only a retainer but he can stand up to the Scythes for at least some time or be maybe on even terms. There is also a possibility that there will be a Scythe since there was a Victoraid since Cadell has died. I know that because I have made a deal with my drunken uncle. Alaric was very surprised to hear my proposition. He helped me in giving myself updates if something were to happen and I would gift him alcohol and inform him about his lost child when I have found it. To be honest I already know who it is but I can't tell him now. So I will wait.

Anyway now we have to plan for what we are going to do. Who will participate in the dungeon but we also need to save Alea. Not all of us can do both so we have to split up.

"So who is going to do what?"

"I think that anyone of us could go and we could also all help Alea. I see no problem there." Nico answered.

"You were not there last time there were two queen snarlers and both were mutated. One even grew far stronger after it ate the other one. All students would die when they went down there without any of us."