Chapter 19 Dire Tombs

Arthur Pov:

The day is here. It is one week before the raid of Elijah and Lukas inside the dire tombs. I am currently diving in the tombs with my mantel, mirage walk active. I am using illusion magic and wind magic to mask my sent. All in all I am undetectable. Walking through the corridors looking out for the geysers I strolled up to the door. Using my earth magic I went past the door through the wall. I hid my path by rebuilding the wall behind me. And there I am. In the mist of this monster of monsters. The first S-class monster I slew. I used wind magic and created a strong gust of wind blowing the mist away. Staring down on me was the sickly looking creature. I stared back.

God stepping above its head I used my soul fire and shadow magic to bind it down as good as it went. That damn monster still had some bite in it. Well I will just heal it afterwards. Using white fire I froze the vines that were closing in and shattering it in the process. Shrouding my hand in aether I hit it on the head letting it stumble back. God stepping behind it I used m drain rune. It is a branch of the Vivum tree and lets me absorb any kind of energy as long as it is not alien to me. And since I am a deviant in nearly everything and can even corrupted mana there is nearly no problem. But this plant monster is a problem. I absorbed the mana and dispelled it right afterwards. Vines grew all over the cave shacking it.

The beast gave up after some time paralysed by my spell and exhausted due to trying to retaliate and low mana. I myself was also worn out. Plant magic is just not my strong suit. I could try and spilt it up in earth and water magic but that is not as easy.

Breathing heavily and absorbing aether as fast as possible I am waiting for my reserves to fill up. After some time that felt like an eternity I was ready. I walked up to the half dead Elderwood guardian I put my hand where his beast core is. The core felt not evil but enraged and saddened at the same time. Is this what the mana does to a powerful monster. This question hunted me during my quiet moment. Did I become someone that can do the same to others have I become a monster. I never let it show since Nico and Sylvie are just like me.

Pushing those thought to the back of my head I continued with my task. Nico is aware what I am doing her but the others aren't. I used Vivum and fate to purify the core like I have done so many times but this time it was different.

I held out my hand to bond with him and he complied. I will call you Ast. Stay here with me. In a week time we need to get rid of one person. But only one person. Do you get that. He nodded or did some kind of gesture that I interpreted as a yes.

One week later

A group of adventurers were standing in front of the Dire Tombs a dangerous dungeon. The members thought that they were up to the task but they did not know what expected them there. Kriol, Brald the leader, Lucas, Elijah, Oliver the emitter, Reginald and Samantha stand there and prepare to depart.

"What are we waiting for? We are all here. Incompetents."

"Could you shut up for a moment some of us have just eaten."

"pffft"

"Let's go if anything happens I can heal them no problem."

"In that case let us depart. I will build the front with Reginald. Kriol help us from behind. Lucas, Elijah and Samantha you are in the back, while Olivier is in the middle."

"Why do I have to be in the back I am the most powerful of all present."

"If you can augment your body without problems then we will talk but if you are a conjurer then shut up and get in line."

They are walking through the dungeon. I am sitting on the shoulder of Ast and use my artifact to look at them. If they are doing this all the time I don't even have to do something. The problem will solve itself. Soon enough-