Chapter 12 Meeting old friends

"Ahem, I have probably forgotten to tell you our plans. We planned to become adventurers in the near future. We wanted to know what you have been doing in your youth and get experience and more training before going to school. We didn't plan to be away for the entire time. After all I have an engagement and we could see each other between the dungeon dives."

"No, There is no way I will allow it. We can't lose you again. You have just arrived here."

"We won't be going immediately. We will be going after we stayed for some months. When we are eight year old we will take the adventurer registration exam."

"We won't allow you to go alone Arthur. You might be powerful but you are still fledglings."

"Then ask Adam. He is still owing us the registration doesn't he?"

"You still remember that. Why am I not surprised? Did you plan this all along?"

"We planned to become adventurers like you dad but we didn't plan to fall of a cliff and be separated for years. We just want to learn what the world holds for us. Mother can come with us as well and we can even ask a third person to come with us."

"If you have at least two people there to protect you, of who I approve, then I am content with letting you go. But you have to find and ask them yourself."

"When can we meet them?"

"Today, they should arrive today."

Some hours later

Knock knock

We were in the living room talking and some were flirting, they didn't even hide it anymore. Anyway we were interrupted by the maid that told us there were some people looking for us. Nico and I stayed in the living room and waited for them. They did not need long and came here. When they saw us they couldn't understand what was happening. They looked from us to each other. It seems our parents didn't tell them that we survived and they couldn't believe their own eyes.

"Arthur? Nico" Angela was the first to speak and when we nodded she grabbed us and hugged us. This caused us to nearly die due to suffocation and a very angry look being directed towards Nico. The cause was of course Cecilia. It seems she is quite possessive.

"Let the two boys go. You are suffocating them Angela." It was Durden our saviour. "It seems you have grown splendidly." He towered over us like an mountain deflecting every danger towards us.

"We have indeed but you have also grown bigger. If you won't stop that then we will never catch up." That caused a couple of chuckles but it seems Durden didn't mind.

"Then grow faster."

Next was Jasmine she boulted towards us, felt to her knees and hugged us tight. Wait is she sobbing? Why? I looked to Nico for help but he has the same expression of helplessness on his face.

"I thought I lost you. Why didn't you stay safe? Why did you have to be this reckless."

I could not answer because it was all my fault.

"So the monsters have survived. What have you been up to in this past years? Have you become even bigger monsters? I guegh-"

"Don't listen to this guy. He is just jealous that for one you have become much mor handsome and second you get angry glares when being hugged by another woman."

While Cecil became pale because her actions seemed so obvious since Helen has realized it at one glance Helen the rest were laughing since we all knew it. Short afterwards the colour came back to her face but stronger then before. Until her face was red as a tomato. This again caused another chorus of laughter. When everyone calmed down we sat around the table and started narrating what happened to us.

"If I get that right you little rascals felt of the cliff found a woman that was in the beast glades. Got a bond. Lost your way in the Elshire forest. Saved an elf kid from slave traders. Stayed in the capital of Elenior. Got trained by the elder and other powerful mages. Invented some artifacts that shook the continent. Is there something that I missed."

"You have missed some parts that Art didn't want to tell. He is promised to said elf that we saved."

"A girlfriend? What is her name." I didn't wanted to say it but Dad wasn't so mindful of me."

"Her name is Tessia Eralith the princess of the elves."

"Arthur! He is kidding right. The princess are you sane. How can you be engaged to the princess?" Several different faces stared at me with different expressions. Respect, some kind of fear, sadness and envy.

"Yes it is true. We are dating and I am to be engaged at the age of ten. So I am technically not engaged until now. But there are more important things to discuss. Adam you have promised at least one of us to get sponsored by you. The two of us want to become adventurers before we go to school. We hope the deal wasn't forgotten."

"Sly as before. No I haven't forgotten but why do you need it any way. Don't you have enough money and if you don't the why don't you ask your girlfriend?"

"I wouldn't ask her something like that and yes we have enough money but we need someone to sponsor us if we want to do all of this under an other name. We don't want attention we just want experience. Therefore we will using fake names and that is only possible if we get a recommendation by someone. We have asked our parents and they say that we need two guardians during our adventurer time. We wanted to ask you."

"I am coming to. Is that alright with you Reynolds. Adam and I can protect the boys. We can also train them and introduce them to the adventurer live."

"See dad now we have our two guardians. Thank you Jasmine and Adam for coming with us. We will also bring with us mother."

They looked at me with question marks above their heads.

"Not mom. I mean Sylvia. We call her mother since she took us in and helped us like we were her own children."

"So a party of five. In that case I agree. I am helping you two."

"Great in that case we only need our equipment and wait for the right time. We talked about it and came to the conclusion that we should start when we are about eight years old. Until then we will train ourself and get comfortable with the new equipment. That brings me to my next question. When is the tenth anniversary uncle Vincent?"

"It is next week."

"Could we go as well? The twin horns are veteran adventurers and could help you with the security. I guess dad would also be relieved if he had the around at such a important celebration. What do you think about it."

"If he wants us there then yes please. We would like to work for you this once."

"You are hired for that day. Please come hear in one week. We will all go together. Wear something black for the men and something white for the women. It is something like a dress code."

"Tank you for the opportunity and we will be here on time."