Side Chapter 9 The S-Rank raid

Arthur Pov:

We are already over three years adventurer. Our Wyvern have all hatched and are training diligently. Ombrage my Wyvern has been training his draining, cloning, cancelling, shadow creation and regular Wyvern abilities. He looks up to me like a father and it is the first time that I have had a son. His appearance is a black Wyvern with two horns. He somehow resembles Sylv. The other three have grown great as well. They also have a second form. Ombrage's form is a crow, Sylv's Wyvern Sol takes the form of a white bird with a golden beak. Our assimilation went very good. We had to take a week long let's call it vacation in Elenoir to finish the assimilation. Now we are ready. Bonds, wills and abilities. But today is our officially last dungeon dive. Nico, Cecil and I are going on it while Sylv and mom are packing everything at home. After this raid we just have one unfinished business as S-class adventurers and then mom has to hide in the Elshire forest or to be precious in the elven royal castle. Sylv and Sol are coming with us to the academy. Because we need to attract the attention of Kezess. In that way we can go to Ephiotus.

There are already our party members for this raid. The members change from time to time since someone could be hurt and can't go on adventures anymore. Today we are going with two of our teachers while we stayed in the elven kingdom. Bairon and Alea are waiving to us. There are four other teammates there. Two dwarves and two elves. One dwarf by the name of Owen is a lava deviant and the other one is a earth mage by the name of Zo. The elves are Aria and Luke. One is a water mage and the other one a wind mage with sound deviant but he never uses it since it is too difficult.

"So you finally made it brats."

"You know them Bairon they are always just on time. Never to late or to early. I know Alea. Have you taught them this?"

"Why should I? I was only responsible for some training you know that. You had the same job. Well for you it was more like some free time while I had no chance to do it."

"Are you saying that you did not enjoy our training sessions." I said with

"N-no that isn't what I meant I just... Wait you are doing it on purpose. You little."

"Bairon help me Alea is angry and I don't know why."

"Sorry but you are to old for that. I wont save you. Go on Alea do with him what you need to do but remember that we still need him for the raid."

"Don't worry I will be gentle." With a smile that did not reach her eyes and froze me in place she came closer. What happened afterwards will not be noted it is just too embarrassing.

"Hey boy are you okay you look a bit ruffed up."

"Thank you Owen for your sympathy but I am healing fast so it is no problem in the long run."

"Just watch out in the future your entitled sister is fearsome. Maybe more than a SS-class mana beast."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I just told Arthur that he should respect his lovely sister more. A gentleman should treat a lady like the most important treasure." I gave him a deadpanned look that conveyed my message.

"Concentrate guys it is still a S-class dungeon. There are said to be insect type and other monsters with an exoskeleton. They are fast, silent and most important poisonous. Ready your weapons and sharpen them with magic the exoskeletons are potential as hard as iron."

"We are ready Bairon."

"Arthur in the front with Alea. Cecilia and me are in the back. Owen you will help Luke on the right and Aria will cover the left with Zo. Let's do this Nico is in the middle."