Chapter 29 Ast

Arthur Pov:

I am currently walking with Claire and Theodore to the cave where Ast is located. I intent to help them move faster and what better way is there but to evade several docent vines at once. I will also help them with their magic in due time, but it is better that they figure out how to use magic o their own. In that way it is not theoretical but it comes natural to them.

"What are we going to do Arthur?"

"You two are the best for highspeed movement and strong attacks to train this we are going to a friend of mine to help train you. But don't worry Claire you will also learn some spells during or after the training."

"I do understand why Claire is meant for highspeed battles but why me. I am a earth augmenter with deviants in gravity."

"That is correct Theo but you are not understanding the gravity element. Gravity is not just making objects heavier but also lighter or move them around. Take this as an example." I took a rock from the floor and lay it on top of my hand. Then I start using gravity magic to make it float. "As you can see I do not use wind or earth magic but gravity. I have made it as light as air. Imagen if you can do that to your body or weapons. Your attacks would be faster and you could evade nearly everything."

"Didn't you say that you aren't going to teach us magic right now?"

"I didn't I just gave you an inkling of what you can do with your magic."

"What about me? Could you also give me a helping hand?"

"Okay. If you use fire magic what do you do?"

"I am using it!?"

"No. Fire is special. It burns material. Even if you only use magic to show of like this." To demonstrate I use white flames which twirled around my fingers in the form of a dragon. "It still burns. It doesn't burn wood like during a fire to cook on but it burns the air. Now look what happens if I take away a certain material that is in the air."

"A certain material?"

"Yes air is still something that you can feel. Imagine it like this. Earth is solid, water is fluid and air is like a gaz. You know if you burn wood there is smoke. It is similar to this. You can breathe it, walk through it and look through it. But like solid material not everything burns. Wood burns but rock doesn't." To demonstrate it I used the same rock as before lay it on the floor and try to burn it just to create a bit of magma.

"Did you just use Magma magic?"

"No Theo I just heated the rock up and because it did not burn it melted. Now back to the topic of the air burning. Is it more or less understandable to what you can do with fire and air in combination?"

"I have understood the basic theory but I still don't get how it can help me."

"Ah right I forgot that part. Look at my regular flame." I conjured up a orange red flame and send a fire blast to a rock. "As you see nothing happens. Therefore I use wind magic to heat up the flame." They gave me a iffy look. But soon after my flame seemingly disappeared.

"What happened. I know you are using magic but I can't see it. Did you use illusions?"

"No I did not. The flame is still there it is just hard to see. What I have showed you is the easiest way to use a blue flame." I turned my concentrated flame towards the a rock on the side. "As you can see the flame is still there but due to the air tat I have put in the flame it got mostly invisible. If it meets something you can see it better just like here. And since the flame is directed on one point it can cut through things much better." Not long after the rock has one single hole inside. "Was that enough of a help for you Claire?"