Chapter 28 Telling truths and lies

Claire Pov:

Today is the first training that Arthur, Nico and Cecilia have planed. All of us were ordered to meet up at nine a clock in the cafeteria. I am a bit late but none the less I am the last person except the three. The others were talking and speculating what we will be doing. I thought like so many others that our safest bet would be Tessia or Lilia. When I went to her and asked what she knew and where we would train she told me that she got no information even after trying to get it out of Arthur.

Soon they arrived and we went to the DC hall. There we got send to our rooms so that we could make ourself comfortable. When I was finished with unpacking my stuff I went like everyone else to the meeting hall. On the desk were eight boxes.

"Take each one of them and then get ready for training. Take some extra clothes with you just to be safe." I opened my box and was surprised. Inside was a ring. It was plain but still beautiful.

"Are you proposing my rival. I just have to say that this human standards are not my gout."

"Zip it Feyrith. We are not proposing to all of you. These are dimensional rings. You will need one for the training."

"But I already have one." Came the reply from Tessia.

"So what? We each have about twenty dimensional rings for different situations." At this we all went silent. About twenty? Normal people would crave to posses one and they have each about twenty?

"Are you serious? Do you know how much money they are worth?" Curtis timed in.

"Of course but if you can create them yourself they are not that expensive you know. Now prepare yourself we will go to the training grounds in five minutes." With those words said he turned around and went to the entrance to wait for us.

When all of us where ready and outside they led us to the basement of the main school building. We took the stairs to get to the lowest level since the escalator had only enough space for four or five people. Arriving on the lowest floor we were led to a closed door. Arthur walked up and opened it. When Tessia walked inside she stopped suddenly in her tracks.

"What is it? Is it a training course or something of the sorts?" Curtis asked.

"N-no nothing of the sorts." She made way for everyone to get in. We all had a similar reaction since the view was astonishing. Arthur closed the door behind all of us to keep others outside. We just walked through a door that is located under the academy in Xyrus. While we were waiting Grawder got his guard up. We did at first not know why but soon enough they appeared. Four winged mana beasts of the SS-class. Four Wyvern in different colours descendant towards us. We went in a battle stand ready to at least hurt them before they could crush us completely. But then they did nothing more than land in front of us. Was this their territory? If so we have to get out of here. Nico, Arthur and Cecilia did not act in one way as I would want them to. They did not open the door. Do they want to feed us to them?

"Open the door. Right now Arthur Leywin or I will attack you."

"One you can't beat me. Two why should I open the door? Don't you want to train your mana manipulation, increase your core stage and better your fighting style?"

"What has that to do with them?"

"Oh they are not hostile. They are our bonds. You know the little creatures that were with us until yesterday." Cecilia said.

"That is not possible. It can't be."

"It doesn't matter what can or cannot be due to your opinion. The fact is that it just is." Nico blurted in. Now get on we have to get to the hall to discuss everything."