Side Chapter 7 Finding bonds and beast wills 1

Nico Pov:

Having knowledge from three lifetimes can be tyring. I have so many ideas for artifacts that I want to create but I was also stopped several times by my friends saying that the artifacts should not destroy live or the society like creating a artifact that lets the mana core grow to fast. Mana stones were Cecilia's idea. It was a good one but we also said that we won't sell them and only use them with friends or future students. That means no bombs or similar creations as well and for Cecil and Art creating magic is okay but classifying them as forbidden is a must. Art's singularity, death flame and white lightning are such spells. Cecil's mana drain and my mana corrosion are also such spells. They can deal tremendous damage and kill without question.

We are currently on our way to Ephiotus. There is an ancient creature that was said to be unkillable. The Hydra. We will use it for us and convince it or kill it and get a beast will for Art, afterwards we will go to find the three headed hound Cerberus that was exiled on an island because he was to powerful to be killed by normal means. Lastly we will find the remains of the thunderbirds. When this is finished we are going for the Wyvern colony and bond with each one. I will be searching for a magma, Cecil for a mist, Art regular and will give him some Vritra magic to be precious shadow magic while Sylvie is searching for a non-elemental Wyvern.

We exit the portal and still use mirage walk which we have greatly improved to hide ourself. Walking in the cave we can feal the aura of the Hydra. We know that it can regrow its heads when they are cut off. Maybe a white lightning could kill it.

We walked and walked until we came to the end it was a gigantic cave in the shape of a semi-ball and in the middle was a gigantic monster. Easy forty meter high with scars all over its body and five heads. We spread out. We three gave each other the get go and attacked. I used my black spikes to pierce its feet while Cecil went to destroy its wings. I used kusarigama to close one mouth and hold him in place somehow. Cecil used gravity on us to make us comparable to ankers.

Arthur used thunderclap impulse and became lightning itself. He rushed towards the beast and cut one head after the other vertically not severing it but splicing it. This seemed effective until a new head grew out of the wound looking similar to a half pealed banana.

"This is not working. I will try something else."

Using magic on his swords he dashed towards the body and cut the gut open. It worked and the body began to lower itself. But soon it began to heal again. We know that time runes short because the Asuras will feel us. Activating realm heart Arthur used aether and ice mana together. White flames with a tinge of purple danced over his entire body and his black djinn armour. Running again towards the Hydra the fire started to eat away at the creature. It healed itself over and over again destroying his own body in the process. The healing parts shattered the frozen parts and tried to replace them.

"Hurry up they are coming."

"I am on it. This bloody beast is tougher than we thought."

Freezing the beast more and more Art used an aether-burst to shatter the already created ice and froze it again. This process repeated itself slowly chipping away at the Hydra. "One minute and they are here." Using all he has he sliced through the body itself freezing it completely. Vines and black metal spikes from Cecil and me shattered the now corps.

"I have the core let's head out."

Running up to Arthur we grabbed his arm. At this time some Asuras came inside with their weapons raised ready to attack. "Give up and come with us or be ready to die." Not answering Art teleported s away to our next opponent.

Island in the middle of the ocean

Cecilia Pov:

"That was close. Nico are you sure that those artifacts hide our mana signatures?"

"Yes I am I just hope they work on older and more powerful Asuras as well. Let s just hope that no Indrath was there and can follow Arthurs aether technique."

"Don't worry I have learnt to mask my tracks. We are safe for the moment at least. And I have my will well not now but as good as."

"Is there one inside?"

"Yes but also not really. I used Vivum and fate simultaneously to create a will of sorts. None of those monsters should drop a will but if I finish it of and create a will with the physique and memories of the abilities of the beast it should work all the time. It has to be said that those wills will be hard to control but I have confidence that we will manage since our souls and mana cores are abnormalities."

"You've got that right." We all laughed talked and had lunch while refilling our core. It seemed peaceful if it could just stay this way for ever. Getting up Nico and I signalled Art that we are ready he nodded and we departed to the volcano. Lets meet the dog that guards the doors to hell. The doors to hell is a dungeon inside a volcano and guarding that is a unique monster. The mana density is very low and probably concentrated in the dungeon. We used mirage walk to get closer to the said entrance.

Seeing the monster we draw closer step by step. We wanted to surprise attack it like we did with the Hydra. It was weaker and that by a big margin but still its body is full of muscles and the skin looks harder than iron. We waited, held our breath and went on trying not to make a noise but it was futile.

The big dog turned and looked toward us.

"Well shit, how did it locate us. We were silent, walking as if we weren't even there and also ... the sent he smelled us. How did we not think of that."

"We did we even got closer for the direction in which the wind blows."

"But he still smelled us. Now get out of the way he is coming."

Cerberus ran at us trying to kill us swiftly. He shot three fire breaths at us followed by a earthquake of his onrush. We dashed out of the way. Nico threw his kusarigama at Art. At first I was horrified but then I saw him catching the sickle end in both hands. They nodded towards each other and went farther apart leaving me in the middle. God I hate those two they are using me as bait. I run back dodging the attacks with minimal movements. Looking back because the last attack was off I saw them both pulling at the chains. They are stalling for me or so I thought. Art jumped above the big dog and went back under him. Ramming the sickle in the stomach. He howled and I think the whole island heard him. I was not wrong because I could feel several mana signatures coming closer.

"I will take care of the small fry that are coming closer. Kill that dog already!" Not waiting for their answer I used my signature move my tempest. Clouds started forming, lightning and ice shards started falling down at incredible speed while tornados destroyed the forest below and in the middle of all the destruction was I. commanding it like an orchestra. Monster after monster fell down dead, either burned frozen or crushed. I am happy that I didn't use the stronger version apocalypse tempest was more than enough. Looking back I saw that Cerberus was chained up. Nico waited for the signal to cut of his heads in one swift motion. Arthur gives the signal and the Scythe cut through it. The now carcass was enveloped in a purple light that subsided inside the dog's chest. Creating a aether sword he cut out a marble that he gave to Nico. Now we have two beast wills. Nico stored his weapons the core and the carcass in his adventurer ring.

"Since we are finished can we go and get my beast will."

"We can but we won't. We will collect all cores that are lying around here after your onslaught. When we are finished let's go home and continue tomorrow. The thunderbirds are not as strong as either opponent but they are still S or SS-class monsters that live in swarms."

With that comment we started the arduous task.