Chapter 25 Replacing the previous teacher

On my was towards Gideon I meet Cecilia that is also taking this curse to understand better what Nico is doing. I doubt it will help her to understand him but there is nothing that I can do about it.

"So how was your first lesson?"

"It was okay. I looked how the past professor showed everyone that he is unquestionable the strongest with the best control over his techniques and humiliated him afterwards."

"What did you do?"

"I called him out for what he has done. He rebuked me. Then I duelled him, lowered the oxygen ratio in the air which caused him to get nervous since he did not want to lose to a student. We then fought which I won. I taunted him during that and after the fight was over. He stabbed me through the chest and I showed everyone that it was just and ice clone with an illusion of myself. I froze him in place afterwards and called the security."

"Didi you not say that you did not want to attract attention?"

"That is already to late. Thanks to Tess and the director. Even if I want to keep a low profile it is not possible anymore. So it is better to show them with whom they are messing with."

"Whatever let us go."

"Yes we have to hurry. But please let me sit alone because there is someone that I want to meet."

"Oh who might that be?"

"Emely Watsken. She is a young genius that has created the light artifact."

"Oh that projector with a hologram like thing."

"Yes that."

"It seems I have to keep an eye on her."

"It seems you trust Nico just barely."

"That is not true. I love him and trust him a million times out of a million times. But it never hurts to know who works in the same field."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"Hmpf" with that she went on and I used my illusions to attract no attentions.

Arriving in the classroom we sat down at different tables. Cecil was approached by several boys that tried to hit on her and even after she told them off because she has a boyfriend they did not lament. I just wanted to stand up when I could hear one of the boys yelp and hold his crotch. "What the hell happened?" Then the next one started crying out loud and the next. Some time later all the boys were laying on the floor yelling, cursing and crying. I guess she use lightning magic to shock them in places where the sun never shines. Effective but terrifying. I deactivated my illusion and gave her an approving nod.

Just afterwards Emily came in and asked to sit next to me, which I accepted. Cecil was still seated alone and no boy came close to her. Not because they did not try but because they were shocked over and over again and no girl wanted to get near to this situation. Soon the lesson began and Gideon arrived some time after. He spotted me and to my surprise called me out. I have hoped that he wont know to much about me since it was Nico that gave him the plans for the steam engine.

"Arthur Leywin, I have heard you are a renowned artificer. Might you enlighten us about the inventions you have made?"

"No. But I can tell you in a way only you and one other understands that I am a genuine artificer. I am the brother of Nico." At this his brow frowned and he looked at me with renewed interest.

"So you are that brats brother. I should have guessed that much. Are you also a walking mystery like him?"

"No I am not. I might have similar ideas but my talent in physical artificing is far beneath my brother's that is why I take this class professor. But even I could have created the blueprints that he showed you."

"Amazing. Then I will just have to show you my genius." After he said that, he began to tell us about his achievements until a Wyvern flew on my desk.

"Avier what brings you here?"

"I have been send to bring you to Cynthia immediately" he answered respectfully and in a kind of language that only I could understand.

"I guess the director is summoning you. Go go don't keep her waiting I will have enough time to pry into your head in the future."

With that I picked up Sylv, Sol and went with Avier to the directors office. "Do you want to say something Avier?"

"If I may ask? Is he also a Wyvern?"

"Yes Sol is Sylv's bond. Each of us have bonded to a Wyvern that has not hatched then and has a attributes matching the strengths of us. Ombrage is a shadow Wyvern, Sol a non-attribute Wyvern, Vent a water and wind attribute Wyvern and Acide is a fire and earth attribute Wyvern. You can come by and play with them or just talk about your everyday life. And if you want to train just ask them but I remind you that they are young."

"Do not worry lord Arthur I won't hurt them, it has just been a long time since I have met some of my race."

"Arthur is enough Avier and I do understand your feelings. Come by at any time."

We went to the director's office chatting on the way. It must have looked quite strange since I was talking to a mana beast and it answered me. Arriving there I knocked and entered shortly after. Cynthia was sitting behind her desk doing paperwork. When she looked up to me she gestured to take a seat on the couch. She put the papers away and sat on the other couch.

"Good day director. What have I been called here for?"

"I called you here due to several reasons. The first one is how were the candidates for the DC?"

"Couldn't that have waited until evening?"

"Yes but other important reasons came up."

"Okay I understand. They did well. Of course they are mostly still weak and unexperienced in battle. But that is something we can change. Their potential is not bad either so we will be able to strengthen them. They seemed to like the place und have not shown any negative impressions toward the housing and their future duties."

"That is good to hear. Now the more pressing matter. I heard about your duel with Geist."

"Not professor Geist?"

"You know it well enough that he can't be a professor anymore. He tried to kill a student and endanger other students before that while not doing what he should have in his lessons. And how could I let someone teach a class when he has been thoroughly humiliated by a student that wasn't even trying. I must say your show in using illusion and hiding your core are frightening. Plus with your capability to create an ice golem and let him fight for you is even more dangerous. But I wish I had seen that arrogant boy's face when he realized that he lost to a golem."

"It was rather funny" I admitted. "But only after I have shown him the situation before that he was acting all high and mighty even after he thought he killed me."

"That is a reason why he was fired effective immediately. And if my information's are correct then he is also no adventurer anymore plus he might get sold as a slave. I think his stature was not bad maybe the council should purchase him for the war. Anyway I have called you here right now because I wanted to ask you if you could teach the class. At least for now. Both of us know that you are overqualified for the class and that you could teach it. God knows at what stage you are right now but I guess it is at least close to the white core stage. Do to your races and your innate abilities you could even defeat a lance. So what do you say? Will you teach the class?"

"I accept but only if I can teach them in a acceptable pace and I can throw out students that do not intend to participate in my class because of my status as a first year."

"It is only natural that you can kick out students that refuse to participate. Is there anything else?"

"No I don't have any more conditions. Was that all?"

"Yes that were all of the school talks. Now go and get ready. If I am right after this lesson you will have lunch and then my four disciples will attend the same class.