Chapter 42 Introduction to the family

Arthur Pov:

The hell is with that old man. He never acted like this. He is like a regular man. Does he know something? Is that all a trap? Is he just a doting parent and sees something in me? But why would he be kind to lessers. If I am right he also gave Elli a bond in the last timeline. But I still don't get what he is after. That I am opposed to him should have become obvious. Does he want to use me as a weapon? Is he trying to kill me. I have no idea what is up with him.

"Lord Arthur it is the time for the dinner. Could you open the door and follow me to the dining hall?"

'Oh how I hate this treatment.' "I am on my way." After my bath I have been brought a few sets of clothes to train and just look good in. Right now I am wearing all white. Actually I haven't found an other colour that I had in my clothes. I have to talk with someone because that is not my colour. My colour is black and a bit of white but not all white. Alright back to the topic. I am wearing a white shirt with a white jacket that is somehow in a military stile but also looks like it is meant to look like a nobles jacket. The buttons are silver at least not gold and the image of a dragon is on the left art of the jacket. With this I am wearing white shoes and white pants. Are the others clothed like me? Or am I just extra.

I follow the Asura that went to get me to the dining hall. There I see that there are only two other people seated. Sylvie and Kezess. She is wearing her black dress and he is still in the same or same looking clothes as before. I sat down and waited for them to say something. But they didn't say anything so we just stayed silent. It was a really excruciating silence. Finally someone else came. It was Nico and Cecilia. Nico was all black while Cecilia was wearing a turquoise dress. They sat next to me and to the left of Sylvie. Now there was only one more seat left.

"Thank you again lord Indrath for letting us stay and train on Epheotus. Even though we are not from here or indirectly from an exiled clan."

"It is time that someone else gets the Vritra under control and I see that you are capable. After the war I want of you to look over Alacrya so that there won't be any rebellions. I want them to stay down. In exchange the half blooded humans are to be spared. In addition I want of you that you will ban human experiments. Even though they are lessers it is not allowed by law to do such a thing."

"I understand and I will finish my task successfully."

Just then the door opened once again and a middle aged woman entered. "Myre why don't you join us?"

She looked at him with distrust but did as he asked. She sat opposite me and seemed to realise who I must be since I was sitting at a place similar to her.

"K-lord Indrath who is he?"

"That is Arthur our grandson."

"But I thought we had only a granddaughter."

"I thought so too. But we were both wrong. It seems that Sylvia send away her first son and two other Asuras or experiments as they described themselves. They were send to young women in Dicathen and were born by them. They kept themselves hidden or at least somehow hidden. I heard that you created quite the artifact."

"Yes we did create a powerful artifact but we also put restraints on the artifact. It can create a core but the core can not grow past the light red stage. Therefore Dicathen has more potential soldiers but is not a danger to anyone."

"That was some good thinking you two."

"Thank you. We got the idea from the way we have formed our cores in our past and by observing the cores of the lances."

"So you have learned of the artifacts that bind them?"

"Yes. We spend some time with the elven royalty and also with the lances from the human and elven race. Due to that I was able to understand how the limit was placed on a core. So we did something similar just that the limit only activates after some time. We also forbid to use it before the age of 25 since humans can create a core very late in their lifespan."

"What would happen if they use it before that time?"

"If the individual develops a mana core then the two cores collide with each other and it could cause the individual to die. Cecil was almost a part of that treatment but I destroyed the core that began to form."

"That is well how do I say it risky. Humans are not ready to wait that long and greedy as well."

"That is true grandfather but it worked. Most people are mages. Now they just need the right generals and aid."

"What do you mean with that?"

"We did not kill all the corrupted mana beasts. I used my mana to purify the cores of the mana beasts to revert them back to their original being. It did not work. Instead they were like purified mana beasts. They had a lighter skin tone and were obedient to me or the one that I told them to follow. In addition we also trained some human, elven and dwarven students to become better in fighting. We left some cores with them and told them to train them just in case that we won't return to fight alongside them."

"Are they your friends?"

"You could say so grandmother. They were kind to us even though they know we are not human. For them we were not higher being but just a powerful mana beast that could kill them at any moment but they trusted us. Went with our plan and did not even once ask us why we are how we are."

"That sounds a lot like friends. Even though they wont be around for long I am happy that you did not spend your childhood alone. I hope you can help them in protecting the continent you have come to treat like home."

"We will do so grandmother."

"Lord Indrath can I ask what the children are going to do while staying here?"

"Arthur, Cecilia and Nico will be trained in all kind of ways. Hand to hand combat, mana manipulation and mana arts. They will be trained by elders of other clans."

"Why don't you train Arthur yourself?"

"It was his request to learn mana arts of the other clans. I can't do that but the two of us can indeed help him with aether arts. When he is not around we will train Sylvie and help her understand the clans of Epheotus."

"At least I can spend some time with him. Please don't take your time with the training and spend some time with your grandmother would you?"

"Yes of course. But can I ask something?"

"What is it?"

"It is something unimportant but could I also have some black clothes to wear? I really am not a person that wears white often."

Everyone stared at me with a deadpan look. I guess it went from a serious conversation to a topic that is even less then important. Well who cares. I got some new clothes and we had a "nice" dinner. I promised to come and meet with my "family" and spend quality time with them. Soon my training will begin. We will all get trained by different teachers but about the same things. Let's just hope I don't get any new teachers.