Chapter 34 Final Preparation

Professor Glory Pov:

I finally killed that monster. That thing might have resembled a queen snarler somewhat but they are far stronger. At least a-class. Then the second one then began to stop attacking us and I thought it was over. It was intimidated by me killing his equal but it did something unexpected. I started to devour the first corpse and then grew even more powerful. What the hell is that. I tried to dodge but realised at the right time that I was too slow so I did not dodge but protected myself with my sword. I was flung away into the nearest rock. Damnit those kids are going to die if that continues. Just then my two best students charged into battle and pushed the beasts away. The first one was the girl Cecilia Helstea and the boy Nico Leywin followed right after his girlfriend. That bloody moron he is just dying alongside her. Then the dungeon shook not like just some time ago but far more. Some rocks started to get thrown around and students stumbled back. Was it the two? No that can't be. Just then a crater formed and a black figure was blown out of it. That person was then lunged into the ceiling and a beam out of pure mana hit it. Everything happened in slow motion. First a claw could be seen. Then the arm, wings head and then body could be seen. What the hell is that. It glared at us and roared. I had golden reptilian like eyes, white scales, four legs and a pair of wings. And the aura was frightening. "Everybody run now." Was all I said before the ceiling collapsed. The two students that charged the monsters were trapped on the other side. Some students wanted to help them but that would be the death sentence for them. "Stop we have to go. Right now or we all will die."

"But Nico and Cecilia. What about them?"
"They are already gone. And if they are still alive then we can't help them. Haven't you seen the monster on the other side. That thing itself could wipe us out without breaking a sweat. That thing is at least a SS-class mana. We can't win."

"She is right. We can't do anything to help them." Princess Tessia said.

"Were they not your friends? Are they not important to you?" Curtis shouted angrily at her.

"Don't you dare say that. They are my friends but you know as good as myself that if they can't do anything then we will just be a liability. We can't help them."

This caused them to lower their weapons. Everyone was dejected. No one able to do anything. We were able to do much, defeat several snarlers but we lost two of the three best students. This is a disaster. We went back out of the dungeon and went back to the surface.

Achlys Pov:

The hell was that. First he used Vritra arts and then he transforms into a dragon. As if that was not enough he said they were the high sovereign's children and that they swear on killing him because he has killed their mother. A Indrath being his spouse? That is impossible, it just can't be. Then he bit of my arm and blasted me through the ceiling. And there I am right now. I can see the ceiling collapsing and separating us from the students. I need to get out of here. There are two students left. Ha, isn't he also a student or at least I think he said something like that. I grabbed the boy and put a acid bubble next to is face.

"Stand down or I will kill this boy right here."

"Pfft hahahaha."

"What is so funny?"

"You are really thinking that this little acid can harm me? Me you little defective piece of trash? Let me show you what power looks like." He then put his hand on my arm and then I felt pain. Unimaginable pain. I saw how his hand dug into my arm slowly seleparing it from the rest. What the hell.

"Wh-what did you do?"

"Oh that let me show you." He then changed grew bigger and wait. No way he is a Vritra that can't be.