Chapter 47 : Reunited

Cool wind whipped Bakugou's face as he ran out of the classroom. The halls of UA had never been this dead; it was almost eerie how quiet it was. Only the sound of Bakugou's feet hitting the vinyl can be heard throughout the whole school. 

He raced around a corner and headed down the stairwell towards the second floor bathrooms. Only being able to pray for Midoriya's safety. 

• • •

Midoriya sat on a bench on the rooftop, shivering in the cold wind. Shigaraki's hand was still wrapped dangerous tight around Midoriya's neck; his fingernails making a home in the porcelain skin. 

Never had Midoriya felt this much fear. He didn't know what to do. So far, his quirk was still a mystery to him and activating it was even a further stretch. All he could wonder was how he felt during the accident that caused this all. Was he afraid? Did his body tremble like this? Did sweat coat his body like a shield?

He was so uncertain of everything; especially of his life before the accident.

'I-I thought you wanted to kill me.' Midoriya stuttered out, trying his best to sound strong despite his heart pounding in his chest. Maybe this was a misunderstanding, maybe he could talk things out with this man. Just maybe, he might let him go. 

Shigaraki let out a low chuckle. 'Don't sound so eager now. I will kill you in due time. However, before that I will lure out your beloved teacher and force him to watch as I murder his student in front of him.' Midoriya could feel how twisted Shigaraki's grin was and in that moment he knew that there were no maybes. This wasn't something that could be changed. 

Midoriya realised that today would be his last. 

• • •

'What are we meant to do now? It's not safe for Bakugou to venture out on his own, especially after only being kidnapped a couple of months ago.' 

'You think I don't know that?!' Kirishima yells, silencing Kaminari. His hands were fisted deeply in his red locks, tugging as he stresses over the outcomes of Bakugou's desperate attempt to save Midoriya. 

'Mr. Aizawa has already left. I'm certain that the other teachers would've gathered too.' Yaoyorozu tried to reason in an attempt to calm Kirishima. However, it was clear that wouldn't be happening any time soon. 

'Kirishima lets go.' Todoroki speaks up, heading towards the door. 

'We must all stay in the classroom during the lockdown! It's extremely dangerous outside!' Iida says sternly, walking towards Todoroki.  

'It wouldn't be the first time we've broken the rules. Nor will it be the first we fight villains.' Todoroki responds, turning to Kirishima who was standing still next to Kaminari. 'You ready?' 

Kirishima nods his head, his eyebrows bunched and lips straight - preparing for what is to come. 

'I'm right behind you.'

• • •

'Who would've thought our ex-member would be wondering around the halls. Are you going to assist us?' Dabi's says, his voice laced in sarcasm. Bakugou cringes in response at seeing the flame user's smirk, he never wanted to see Dabi, let alone the league, ever again. But, here they are. 

'Like fuck I am,' Bakugou snarls, squatting down in preparation for Dabi's attacks. 'I see you're even more crispy then the last time I seen you.' 

'That's no way to talk to your elders little boy.' Dabi snaps, voice being to seethe with anger, 'maybe I didn't teach you enough of a lesson last time. But don't worry, this time I'll make sure you remember.' 

Bakugou grins, explosions beginning to pop in his plams, 'try me.'

Dabi lunges at Bakugou, glorious blue flames spilling from his hands. Bakugou uses his explosion for leverage and flies over Dabi, reaching out of his range. However, Dabi manages to grasp his leg, heat searing into Bakugou's jeans. 

With gritted teeth, Bakugou lets a large explosion plant itself in Dabi's face which doubles as a smoke screen. A chuckle leaves Dabi's lips as he turns around, eyeing Bakugou, 'That only tickled.' 

'Don't worry,' Bakugou growls. 'I'm just getting started.' 

With a sick smile, Dabi pulls his hands forward and lets flames race in Bakugou's direction, barely giving him any time to dodge. His left side receives the heat of the flames, coating his skin in burns. However, this doesn't stop Bakugou from diving at Dabi, his explosions soaring him straight towards the man. 

An explosion erupts as Bakugou plants his fist into Dabi's cheek. Dabi sways from the impact but brushes his cheek with his scarred arm, a small smile gracing his stapled cheeks. Just as Bakugou attempts to attack again, Dabi grasps his hand, smashing Bakugou onto the ground with a loud thud. Flames lace the air and bite once more into Bakugou's skin. 

Bakugou struggles to overthrow Dabi's weight that was now positioned on top of him. Kirishima was right about Bakugou needing to regain his muscle. Had it of been there now, Bakugou might've stood a chance. 

Dabi gleefully watches as Bakugou cringes in pain at the heat of his flames. 'So tell me, what made you race into battle? I thought you would've given up after almost getting your friend killed.' 

'You have no idea what your talking about.' Bakugou growls, struggling against Dabi's grasp. 

A snicker escapes Dabi's lips, 'Oh but I do. Too bad that you won't be able to save him, not that you were able to last time.' 

'Where. Is. He.' Bakugou demands, anger surging through his veins. He will save Midoriya this time, there won't be no next time. Even at the expense of his own life, he will save him. 

'He is in good company right now so there's no need to worry. However, the next you'll see him will be in a bundle of dust.' 

That spoke more than enough to Bakugou. It was clear who Midoriya was with and what their intentions were. Without a doubt, Shigaraki would be focused upon the one that ruined his plans the night of Kamino. Had Midoriya not of been there, All Might may of ceased to exist. It was only natural for Shigaraki needing his childish revenge. 

'That crusty bastard will be the one dying once I'm finished with him,' Bakugou bites back. There was no way Bakugou was loosing Midoriya again, even if he would never remember him, Bakugou still wanted him alive and safe. 

'Speak for yourself, you're currently rendered helpless.' Dabi replies, enjoying every second of Bakugou's anger and underlying despair. Each second passed like an hour. Midoriya could be dead already, yet Bakugou was already shot down before even getting a chance. 

Next minute, Dabi collapses onto Bakugou with extreme force, the wind being completely knocked out of him. 

'Get off of him.' 

• • •

A/N: Hi everyone! It's been a hot minute but I'm back and prepared with more updates so stay tuned!