Chapter 43 : Make Him

'So, you're telling me he chose to forget?'

Todoroki nods slowly as Kirshima curses softly under his breath. It was now the afternoon and school had finished for the day. Therefore, Todoroki and Kirishima were talking privately about Midoriya's state.

'Bakugou isn't going take this too well. He'll definitely blame himself.' Kirishima mumbles whilst jabbing his thumb against his lip in anxiousness. Todoroki sighs and rests his head on his hands.

'To be fair, he was the one that traumatised Midoriya as a kid. Wouldn't it be good for him to realise his mistakes and learn from them?'

Kirishima sighs. 'I know he screwed up back then. But, he does have a good heart. I honestly think the bullying was Bakugou's own strange way of looking out for Midoriya.' Todoroki looks over with a questioning expression.

'Well, for instance. Midoriya is reckless. He is constantly damaging his own body.' Kirishima explains, 'he was probably like that as a kid too. Maybe Bakugou was worried about him hurting himself and therefore tried to discourage him.'

Todoroki nods slowly, still off in his thoughts. 'Even so, it was still wrong.' Kirishima sighs and looks off. It kills him to admit it, but Todoroki is right. Even with all the excuses, human morals should come into place first.

Bakugou was of a mature age at the time and understood the weight of the situation. Yet, he continued his tormenting.

'Regardless of Midoriya and Bakugou's past, we should focus on what's going to happen when Bakugou finds out.' Kirishima says, hoping to steer the conversation back on track. Todoroki tends to get worked up over Midoriya's past, which is fair enough considering that Midoriya is his best friend. But, right now wasn't the time to bring such things up.

'Well as much as I hate to say it, it wouldn't be right to leave him in the dark.' Todoroki mumbles. 'Bakugou managed to help Midoriya when he was panicking. But, in saying that, he also seems like the person that's most likely to trigger another memory.'

Kirishima sighs again and leans against the wall, looking up at the ceiling. 'They've known each other for a really long time, hey? It must be hard for Bakugou.'

Todoroki nods in agreement. Even though he hated to admit it, he knew that Bakugou held such a large place in Midoriya's heart. There had always been this unspoken bond the two had, a secret language that only they could understand.

Their emotions and actions were how they communicated. Midoriya was one of the only people that could understand Bakugou. He could see inside his mind and know exactly what he's thinking, how his feeling.

And Bakugou could do the same for Midoriya.

'I think it'll be best if I tell him.' Kirishima says, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his large, crimson riot hoodie. It was beginning to get colder, the final days of autumn ticking over.

Todoroki agrees with Kirishima before receiving a message on his phone. It was Midoriya, asking if he wanted to watch a movie.

'I have to go now. But, tell me how it goes, yeah?' Todoroki asks, looking at Kirishima for reassurance.

'Will do bro. Have a good night.'

With that, Todoroki bid Kirishima goodbye and left the room. As Kirishima watched Todoroki's retreating figure, he felt a sense of dread weigh on his chest.

Kirishima didn't want to tell Bakugou about Midoriya, he didn't want to hurt him any further. But, he knew he had to. If he didn't, Kirishima would have to deal with the guilt of keeping secrets from his best friend.

And he just couldn't handle that.

With a sigh, Kirishima also left the room, shooting a text to Bakugou, asking where he was. As soon as Kirishima reached the elevator, there was a reply. Short, but at least something.

Bakugou
My room.

Kirishima
Can I come over?

A few seconds past, small circles dancing on the bottom of the screen, reassuring Kirishima that Bakugou was indeed replying to him and not leaving him on read. The circles pause and drop, before popping back up again. Kirishima feels a strange anxiety over waiting for Bakugou's message. He didn't like the time gap Bakugou was taking to reply.

Finally, Kirishima's phone dinged and a message came through.

Bakugou
Whatever.

With a small grin, Kirishima knocked twice on Bakugou's door, listening carefully as heavy footsteps made their way over. There's a click and the door opens, Bakugou standing there glorious in his black singlet and sweatpants.

'You better have a good excuse for bothering me Shitty Hair.' He grumbles out, turning around to walk back inside.

'Oh trust me, I have many.' Kirishima replies sarcastically, closing the door and following after Bakugou. 'Which would you like to hear?'

Bakugou rolls his eyes, watching from his desk chair as Kirishima sits on his bed. He can sense a strange air around Kirishima, something isn't right.

'Well, spit it out.'

'Huh?' Kirishima asks, 'what do you mean?' He takes an awkward scratch at the back on his neck, sheepish smile forming on his lips. Kirishima felt an internal panic, he didn't want to shatter Bakugou any futher. But, he knew that if he didn't tell Bakugou then the situation would only affect him more.

'You're acting fucking weird,' Bakugou replies. 'I don't like it.'

Kirishima groans and flops backwards on the bed. Bakugou's eyes follow him curiously, now there definitely had to be something wrong. 'Please don't be upset Bakugou.' Kirishima whispers to himself.

'It's Midoriya.' Kirishima says, speaking up. 'Recovery Girl examined him and discovered that he'd been diagnosed wrong.'

Bakugou frowns in confusion, 'what? That the nerd didn't loose his memory?'

'Not quite.' Kirishima answers. 'He has lost his memory, but it wasn't from hitting his head.'

'So what? He just decided "well fuck it, I'm going to forget"?' Bakugou asks sarcastically.

'Actually, yes.' Kirishima whispers. 'He did, he chose to forget.'

Bakugou felt like reality slammed into him at that moment. Everything he had known was completely thrown out the window. He wanted to scream, he wanted to shout. He wanted to blow up the world, destroy existence as a whole.

'Bakugou,' Kirishima mumbles, 'I'm sorry.'

In that instant, Kirishima brought Bakugou back. He felt his anger vanish and only pure hurt remained. The audacity of that nerd to even think of forgetting him made Bakugou's blood boil. But, underneath all that hatred, Bakugou felt abandoned. Like the one person he cared about the most had vanished from his side.

'How do I do it?' Bakugou whispers, barely audible.

'Do what?' Kirishima asks, watching the boy stare at the ground, fading orange hair sweeping across his face.

'How do I make him remember me?'

• • •

Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating for a while! I have exams in about two weeks so a lot of my time has been spent studying 😅
Thank you so much for all the support! I can't believe that this book is at 40K! Seriously, I cannot thank you all enough!
I hope that you're all doing well and are having a great day / night!
Love,
~m00n_child_