Chapter 17 : Free

'Bakugou!' Kirishima yelled out, trudging behind the blonde.

After breaking down in the hospital, Bakugou had decided to leave. He'd suddenly became angry, utterly furious. So without telling Kirishima what he was doing, he just stood up and walked away.

Now they were walking through the pelting rain outside, Kirishima about ten metres behind Bakugou, consistently calling out to him. But not once did Bakugou answer, he just continued storming down the sidewalk.

Soon the dorms came into view and Bakugou knew that Kirishima would chase him right up to his door if he didn't move quickly. So, when he walked through the gates he began running whilst Kirishima couldn't see him anymore.

Kirishima reached around the corner and growled under his breath. 'That little shit. Of course he'd run.' He was frustrated and annoyed with Bakugou. Of course he cared for him and wanted to help, there's no doubt about it. But Bakugou was so stubborn, he wouldn't grasp Kirishima's outstretched hand.

Bakugou bolted to his door and entered it, closing it instantly and locking it. He slid down the door, panting heavily. He was so angry, all the emotions that he had tried to push way had built up to this.

But, even with anger flowing through his veins - Bakugou could feel his heart shatter. It was like in that moment, Midoriya had ripped his heart out and trampled on it. These last three weeks had been tortured. He went everyday to see Midoriya. He never lost hope, always believed in Midoriya even when everyone didn't.

And this what he was given in return.

Bakugou rose up off the floor and looked around the room, rage pumping through his veins. He felt so much adrenaline, so much emotion. It was like he was a glass that finally overflowed and shattered.

He eyed his coffee table, seeing red. Without a second thought he charged at it, upending it, letting the glass vase shatter on the ground. A wooden leg snapped off and lied helplessly amongst all the shattered glass and water.

Bakugou grasped the leg tightly in his hands and approached his bed. He threw the wood over his back before belting it down on the bed frame. He thought of every sleepless night he had faced, every nightmare he had awoken from - covered in sweat.

The leg snapped in half, wooden splinters flying across the mattress.

Bakugou swiped everything off his shelf, all his trophies and ornaments shattering onto the ground below. He looked at the heap on the ground, feeling emotionless. Everything he'd put so much effort into didn't mean a thing in the end.

Like he was in a trance, Bakugou walked over the fragments, not wincing once as the shards made a new home in the soles of his feet. Warm crimson began to pour out of the wound, making bloody footprints lead down the hall.

Bakugou kicked his bathroom door open. He eyed the clean space and made sure to show no mercy. His body acted on it's own, attacking every object in the room, shredding the room apart. He screamed and cried, seeing Midoriya's face behind every object.

He caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror - pale, lifeless. The muscles he spent months working up had decreased to just bone. As he stared at his reflection, a boy with messy blonde hair and bloodshot eyes looked back.

He screamed.

Bakugou's fist collided with the mirror, making it shatter. Glass fell everywhere, showering upon him and cutting his skin. But he didn't care, he couldn't feel a thing. Finally, he fell to the ground, slumped against the basement.

He was huffing, terrified at what he saw in the mirror. That wasn't me, that wasn't me, that wasn't-

That was me.

Blood pooled around him, travelling down his arms and feet in thick streams. He felt exhausted and just watched the crimson drop onto the white tiles. Bakugou's mind started to feel fuzzy and he could feel himself slip away from reality. A small smile graced his lips as darkness blotched his vision.

Finally, he was free from this nightmare.