Chapter 15 : Forgotten

Bakugou had rushed out the room the moment those words fell from Todoroki's lips. He didn't even bother to properly read the message. The only two words that had processed was Midoriya and awake.

That was all he needed to know.

As he ran down the streets in his pyjamas and bed hair, all that was running through his mind was: awake, awake, awake. This was the moment he'd been waiting for. What he'd been begging for the last three weeks.

It was like life was finally giving him a chance, showing him that there was still beauty in the world. But that whole facade shattered the moment he stepped into Midoriya's room.

Bakugou had barged through the door, almost knocking it off it's hinges. But he didn't care because he finally saw those gorgeous green eyes staring back at him. But the emotion in them, it wasn't right. His eyes were duller then normal, not the same sparkly green they once were.

Also, there wasn't the look of fear painted in them as Bakugou appeared. Midoriya looked at him surprised, but also in confusion. But,  Bakugou didn't notice - he just ran to green head's beside and hugged him.

He hugged Midoriya.

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he clutched the boy, resting his head against Midoriya's chest to hear the steady beat of his heart and uprising of his chest. 'Don't ever do that again! You fucking hear me Deku?!' Bakugou screamed into his shirt.

Midoriya gently lifted Bakugou away from him, eyebrows knitted in confusion. 'I-I'm sorry but... w-who are you exactly?' Midoriya asks sweetly, looking a little freaked out at some blonde randomly coming into his room to hug and scream at him.

Bakugou froze, his eyes wide.

Did... Did Deku just ask who I was? No way... He is so messing with me.

'Don't fuck around like that Deku.' Bakugou hisses, his face contorting slightly with anger. This little fucker... He'd literally been around Bakugou for five seconds and was already pissing him off.

'I-I'm sorry... I think you might have the wrong person..' Midoriya's voice trails off, his eyes soft with pity towards Bakugou.

Bakugou feels his hands spark, his emotions all intermingled. He didn't know how to react. There's no way that Midoriya doesn't know who he was. They've known each other since forever. Every part of their lives - the other was always there.

A nurse enters the room because she heard the yelling from the corridor. 'I'm sorry Mr. Bakugou but may I have a word outside?'

'No you may not.' Bakugou hisses back, his eyes still locked on Midoriya. The boy hide under the covers a little, visibly shaking. Was the blonde going to hurt him?

Bakugou saw Midoriya shake and his heart clenched. Why was he so afraid of him? Did he really think that Bakugou would hurt him?

'I'm sorry but if you continue to refuse then I'll have to call security.' The nurse says sternly, her voice even and confident.

'Who the fuck do you think you are?! Get the fuck out!' Bakugou yells, about to active his quirk. Who was this chick and why the fuck did she think that she could just waltz in and take him away from Midoriya?

The nurse says something over her pager and two security guards turn up in the speed of light. Bakugou was taken in as a threat because of his short temper and powerful quirk. If he was to set it off right now then it'd just hurt Midoriya physically and mentally.

It was almost like déjà vu; Bakugou getting pulled away from Midoriya again. He was kicking and screaming, struggling to escape their grasp. He couldn't understand what was going on. Why were they taking him away?

'YOU CAN'T SEPERATE US!' Bakugou screams. 'LET ME GO!'

Tears were streaming down his cheeks. He had waited three weeks for this. He'd endured constant nightmares, insomnia, depression, anxiety and so on. Just to get dragged away all over again.

The nurse was comforting Midoriya and whispering something to him as Bakugou was pulled out the door. The guards shut the door and the released Bakugou into a heap on the floor.

He couldn't move, his body was racking with sobs as he thought over everything that just happened.

Kirishima and Todoroki approached him and Bakugou looked up, not bothering to hide his tears. For once he just kept them fall freely, not ashamed at all.  'H-He...' Bakugou bit back a sob and squeezed his eyes as he let out a deep breath. 'D-D-Deku... he d-doesn't remember me..'

He watched as Kirishima looked at him pitifully before engulfing him in a hug. Bakugou nestled into Kirishima's chest, not sure on what else to say. It's almost as if his brain had shut down.

What was he meant to do now?

• • •

A/N: So I decided to give out Bakugou's POV of what happened so it can explain his reaction a little better. Thank you so much for the support!