Chapter 3 : Hero

Midoriya follows behind Bakugou, calling his name every so often. Even with the annoying boy behind him, Bakugou doesn't speak once. Instead he grits his teeth in anger and continues on with his tantrum. As they turn down an alleyway, Bakugou finally stops as Midoriya yet again calls his name.

'What the fuck do you want Deku?!' He asks, finally turning around to face Midoriya.

The boy jumps at the sudden response from Bakugou, honestly expecting to walk for another ten minutes before even receiving a grumble from him.

'Are you okay? I mean you ran off before and I was worried that..'

'Can't you take a fucking hint? It's obvious I'm trying to get away from you! Why the hell would you follow someone that hates you?!' Bakugou snarls, his eyes showing the deep, burning fire inside. Anger eats away at the boy but also embarrassment. The fact he only won the match was because Midoriya let him was making him ashamed of his own powers.

Was Midoriya really that strong now?

Bakugou goes to continue walking away but was quickly interrupted by Midoriya shoving him into a wall. Bakugou groans in pain and then realises Midoriya laying on top of him with gritted teeth. 'What the hell Deku?! Take a hint! I don't-' Midoriya puts a hand over Bakugou's mouth to silence him but it was too late.

A villain with a large red scarf, messy black hair and bandaged arms prowls towards them. His mouth is twisted into a sickly grin as he clutches the sword in his right hand tighter. The blade is stained with dried blood, a stench escaping the man with his clothes that are splattered with crimson.

'What are the chances to find two famous UA students in an alleyway?'

Midoriya glares at the villain and instantly rises off the floor, attempting to look threatening. Bakugou is still on the floor behind Midoriya, slightly startled but he quickly regains his thoughts and stands alongside Midoriya. 'Don't you mean: 'what are the chances of finding a worthless idiot in an alleyway?''

The villain's smirk grows as he brings his sword forward towards Bakugou. 'Won't you look at that? One has a sharp tongue. Such a shame you aren't a real hero. You're just a wannabe.'

Midoriya tries to step in front of Bakugou but instead the blonde pushes him aside. 'You think that clump of metal scares me?' He asks, smirking back. His hands begin to spark ever further, 'if so, then you're very wrong.'

'We will have to see about that, Bakugou Katsuki.'

With that, Bakugou lunges at the villain - only just missing the tip of his sword. Bakugou ends up behind the villain, smirking like a crazy man. Once the adrenaline of fighting a villain kicks in, nothing can stop him. 'Kacchan! Watch out!' Midoriya yells pushing Bakugou again.

The sword plants into the wall right where Bakugou was previously standing. 'Watch it nerd,' he growls. 'I'm more then capable to protect myself.' With that he continues being reckless, almost getting sliced numerous times by the sword but only just missing it by the skin of his teeth.

Midoriya is growing irritated with the boy and has had enough when the sword almost get's planted into the blonde's chest. He swoops over and grabs Bakugou before escaping further down the alley and into a side street. Bakugou pushes Midoriya away instantly, making him land hard on the concrete. 'I said to fucking watch yourself Deku.' He snarls, beginning to saunter down the alleyway again.

Midoriya grabs Bakugou and pushes him against a wall, caging the blonde in my his arms. 'No! That's enough!' He yells, face distorted in anger. 'I've had enough! You're being reckless and are going to get yourself killed soon!'

'Yeah right! Stop trying to take my limelight! I am better then-' Bakugou is cut off by Midoriya slapping him.

'Fucking stop!' Midoriya screams, tears slowly forming in his eyes. 'This isn't a competition right now! This is serious! The villain back there, is Stain. He has killed numerous pros and you're just out there being idiotic and trying prove yourself! Stop being such an idiot and actually focus! This isn't a game!'

Stain enters the alleyway, still smirking wide at the two. With their bickering and obvious lack of teamwork, it'll be child's play to take them down. One is too confident, the other relies heavily upon plans that they end up being too late to defeat the villain.

Bakugou clenches his teeth and looks away. He knows Midoriya is right, he has been really immature. But he doesn't want to admit it and still has to prove to himself that he can do it, that he can he a hero. So regardless of Midoriya's words and his brain screaming at him to stop, he pushes Midoriya away once more and heads towards Stain.

'Stay out of my way, Deku.' He snarls.

Bakugou fires at Stain with his quirk but Stain has already anticipated this predictable move and dodges, reaching Bakugou's blind spot. A ripping pain courses through Bakugou's body and he falls to the floor, clutching his side that has warm, sticky crimson spilling out of it.

Midoriya looks on in horror at his classmate on the floor. Stain raises his sword that now has Bakugou's blood and lifts it above his face, allowing a drop to fall upon his tongue. Bakugou freezes, his body sudden stiff. He can't move, he can't active his power.

Stain smirks and crouches down to look Bakugou in the eyes. 'Shame that a talented little boy is now left hopeless. If only you were a real hero, I'd allow you to kill me.' He lets the sword graze Bakugou's cheek, some of his own crimson smudging on his face.

'But the only one I'll let defeat me is All Might.'