Chapter 4 : Stain

The situation has turned bad. Like really, really bad. Bakugou is now on the floor, completely immobile with a villain pressing a weapon against his face.

It'd be a lie if Midoriya was to say he wasn't panicking. He needs backup desperately, there's no way he can fight Stain alone. But there is also no way he can leave Bakugou behind because otherwise he'll be dead within a matter of seconds. It's a hopeless situation. Someone was bound to get hurt. If only things were different.

But that's what happens, this is a hero's job. Things mightn't go according to plan but regardless they still have to fight and save the victim. It might be tough and Midoriya is crazy because he knows his life is on the line. But, he has to save Bakugou. There's no possible way he could ever forgive himself if something was to happen to him.

He'd prefer to give his life over watching Bakugo die.

And that's how he made his decision. Without a second thought he jumped to action, allowing his body to engulf within the familiar green lighting. He races towards Stain and kicks him in the back, making the villain lurch forward and cough up some blood.

Stain turns around and faces Midoriya, a sickening pleasure in his eyes. 'You, on the other hand,' He grips his sword tightly and stands up. 'You remind me of All Might. It'd be a pleasure to die to you.'

• • •

The class carried on after Midoriya and Bakugou left. Many of the classmates were confused and worried that Bakugou may do something reckless, but decided to have trust within Midoriya to stop him. Mr Aizawa kept teaching the lesson, hoping that the two boys can finally bury their past and begin a new chapter of their lives together.

But they were all so wrong.

After class, the students all headed to the changing rooms to freshen up and change into clean clothes. Todoroki reached his locker and pulled out his uniform, sliding on his pants and doing up the zip. As he reached for the shirt, he saw a message from Midoriya.

Curiously, he opened it. Normally, it was unlike him to even message Todoroki. When he reached their chat, he noticed that it was just a location. Todoroki looked around and saw his other classmates unbothered and getting changed like nothing is wrong.

But Todoroki knew something was amiss the moment he received that message. He quickly changed back into his hero costume and left the changing room. Surprisingly, he found Kirishima outside sitting on a bench and staring at his phone. Kirishima looks up when he notices Todoroki.

'What are you doing still in your outfit? We are meant to be getting changed.'

'Something is wrong.' Todoroki answers, still trying to piece together exactly why Midoriya sent him that message.

Kirishima looks at him confused. 'What do you mean?'

'Midoriya sent me a location.' Todoroki answers. 'I have to go and make sure everything is alright.'

'Midoriya? But wait isn't he with-' Kirishima pauses. 'I'm coming too.'

The two boys run down the hallway and out the front gate. Just hoping that their two classmates are okay.