Chapter 22 : Remember

The room looks fuzzy as Midoriya opens his eyes. A small smile graces his lips as he sees that he is in his very own room. Even without the memories Midoriya can tell that his room was a sanctuary for him.

He let's out a little yawn and shifts under the blankets to stretch. As he wiggles around, he notices a pale hand draped across his torso lightly. Midoriya looks at it tiredly, not quite registering the situation properly. His fingers trace over the soft knuckles and up towards the wrist. The skin is smooth and a beautiful milky white.

Midoriya's eyes follow the hand all the way up to the owner. When he reaches Todoroki's beautifully peacefully face, that's when everything clicks. The hand, the bed, Todoroki... they'd fallen asleep together.

Surprisingly, it didn't freak out Midoriya as much as he thought it would. He felt comfortable and safe in Todoroki's arms. He loved watching Todoroki's eyelashes rest gently against his porcelain skin and the way his lips parted slightly to let out a little huff of air. The rising of his chest and soft heartbeat against Midoriya's chest made him feel loved.

Midoriya watched as Todoroki stirred in his sleep. His eyebrows were knitted together and he started mumbling. Midoriya watched on in concern, not sure as to whether he should wake Todoroki up or not. Todoroki kept mumbling; unintelligible words escaping his lips.

Then, he sat up. Breathing ragged and eyes wide, shaking like a leaf.

Midoriya watched as Todoroki panted and shook, he watched as Todoroki tried to calm himself and buried his head in his hands. He watched as Todoroki began whimpering softly and sniffling.

'Todoroki?' Midoriya asks gently. He was confused, should he be stepping in on this situation? Fairly enough Todoroki was a good friend of his but he didn't remember a thing about their friendship. Would he usually comfort Todoroki when he had night terrors? Or would that be overstepping their boundaries?

Todoroki slowly lifted his head and turned to see Midoriya sitting against the bed head with messy hair and a tilted head. His heartbeat quickened at the sight. Midoriya was alive, he was alive and well. Todoroki could feel tears well inside his eyes but he refused to show Midoriya this weak side of him, he didn't want to scare him away.

'Hey. How are you feeling?'

Todoroki smiles at Midoriya, hiding all the emotions behind that damn smile. Midoriya frowns slightly but figures Todoroki doesn't want to talk about it so he decides to not touch the subject. 'I-I'm fine. It's nice to be home.'

'I'm glad. A hospital wasn't exactly the nicest place to wake up to.' Todoroki replies, watching as Midoriya fiddles with the stitching on his hoodie. He knew Midoriya was unsure of something, he always fiddled with something when he was uncertain or worried about something. 'Is something bothering you?'

Midoriya looked up at Todorki with large eyes. 'No.' He answers. How did Todoroki know? It was almost as though he could read his mind. Why is it that Midoriya couldn't do that for Todoroki? Why can't he look inside his actions and figure out what exactly is going on in his mind?

Todoroki sighs but doesn't press the situation. Midoriya mightn't fully trust him yet which is fair. He doesn't remember anything, anyone would be afraid and suspicious if they lost their memory.

'Are you hungry? I could cook us something.' Todoroki offers. Midoriya eyes him suspiciously.

'There's no kitchen in here though. Where are you going to cook?'

Todoroki groans, 'sorry, I forgot to show you the living areas yesterday. There's a kitchen that all of our class shares.' He explains, mentally cursing himself for being so stupid. He wanted everything to be perfect, for Midoriya to magically remember - but he knew that wouldn't happen.

Besides, maybe Midoriya forgetting was good. If he was to remember, would he really be happy?