Chapter 14 : Falling

Kirishima had never seen Bakugou move so fast. He sprinted out of the room without a word, almost tripping over his own feet in the process.

Nothing can explain how he was feeling right now. His heart was pumping, breathing quickening and his body was moving on its own. The only thing he was sure of right now was where he was heading and who was awaiting for him.

Todoroki and Kirishima followed after Bakugou, sighing as the blonde sprinted out the gates. Kirishima looked at Todoroki's surprisingly grim face. He'd thought that Todoroki would be happier about his best friend awakening. But instead, he seemed bothered - like there was something more to the situation then he'd let on.

'There's something else, isn't there?'

Todoroki looks up at the red-head, his eyebrows knitted. 'What do you mean?'

'Midoriya.' Kirishima answers, kicking a stone with his foot. 'There's something you didn't tell us.' He watches as Todoroki falters slightly at his accusation and that instantly proved his theory.

'What is it Todoroki? What do you know?'

Todoroki looks down glumly and shoves his hands into the front pockets of his sweatpants. The boys were both still in their pyjamas. Everything had happened so quickly that they didn't even get a chance to change.

'He's not going to be the same as he was before.' Todoroki answers, still not looking at Kirishima properly. The answer was vague, it was like Todoroki wasn't going to easily give up.

'What's that supposed to mean?!' Kirishima hisses. 'You can't just hide things from us! We are all Midoriya's friends. You can't just tell us half of the story. We are in this together.'

'He has lost his memory.'

Kirishima pauses and looks back at Todoroki. He is standing still, his head down. Kirishima notices the slight shaking of his arms and legs, how hard he's biting his lip to stop the tears.

His heart reaches out to Todoroki, it really does. For your best friend to forget everything; The memories you shared, the ups and downs - it would hurt. Yet, Todoroki didn't say a thing - he remained silent.

Most likely because he didn't want to crush Bakugou's happiness straight away.

Kirishima walks towards Todoroki and hugs him, feeling the boy stiffen under his touch. Todoroki let's out a small sniffle, then a hiccup. Soon his cheeks are flooding with tears but he refuses to make a noise. Kirishima couldn't help but wonder whether Todoroki did this often; Crying silently so no one could hear.

'I'm sorry man, I was such an asshole just then. I was just really worked up and worried over Bakugou. It wasn't fair for me to take it out on you.'

Todoroki remains silent, not answering. His body was still stiff, he didn't return the hug. It was almost like he didn't know how to respond to physical affection. Like he'd never been hugged before.

They stood there for a minute but then Kirishima remembered one major problem: Bakugou.

'Ah fuck!' He curses, making Todoroki finally look up at him. 'We need to get to the hospital now.' Todoroki instantly understands the situation. Bakugou was already unstable mentally, he'd bashed Kirishima and almost killed Midoriya all in one day.

The two sprinted off, the hospital luckily being close by. They burst through the front doors and into the elevators. They were silent as the elevator moved, thoughts racing through their heads. Neither knew what they were about to experience, how far Bakugou had went this time.

They burst out the doors as soon as they began to slide and raced towards Midoriya's room. But, they instantly stopped at what they saw. It was unexpected; The complete opposite of what they thought.

Bakugou was curled up outside the door, hugging his knees to his chest and slowly rocking back and forth. He lifted his head when he felt the boys presence and looked straight at them.

His eyes were bloodshot, tear stains running down his cheeks and lips puffy. He looked like a train wreck. 'H-He...' Bakugou bit back a sob and squeezed his eyes as he let out a deep breath. 'D-D-Deku... he d-doesn't remember me..'

Bakugou broke down again and Kirishima rushed to his friend. He held Bakugou tight, not sure on what else to do. Todoroki ignored Bakugou and entered the room instantly. Kirishima watched in pity but remained by Bakugou's side.

How in the world is he meant to fix this now?