Chapter 19 : Together

Todoroki stayed with Midoriya until the sun began to peek above the horizon and shine through his window. They chatted about all different things. Todoroki told him of all different memories they shared together.

Midoriya would giggle sweetly and smile brightly in response, begging for Todoroki to tell more. His heart was warm, his lips were fixed in a small smile - finally his best friend was back.

'There was this one time Uraraka begged for you, Iida and me to go shopping with her. We all agreed to go after her and you begging us to. You ran into a store to grab something and so I waited outside for you. Next minute, you walk out this doors with this massive All Might plushie! Like it was so big that it covered you completely!' Todoroki said, emphasising the size with his hands.

'I couldn't believe it! You just trotted over to me with a big smile, telling me that you were going to put it in your room. But, when we returned back to the dorms you realised that there was literally no room anywhere for you to put it. So you begged me to keep it in my room.' Todoroki sighs, 'it's still in my room now, taking up a whole corner.'

Midoriya laughed loudly, his eyes closing into small crescents. 'For some reason, even though I don't know what I was like before, it just so seems like something I'd do.'

Todoroki nods in agreement. 'You always had a weakness towards any All Might merchandise. I swear you own the whole collection.' He let's out a small laugh as well, remembering when he first saw Midoriya's room that was full of merchandise.

Midoriya smiles down, fiddling with the blanket again. 'I hope I can remember all these memories we share. It's hard isn't it? Having to share all these memories by yourself. What if I don't remember? I'm such a bad friend for forgetting...I'm so sorry Todoroki...'

Todoroki lays his hand on one of Midoriya's scarred ones, rubbing his thumb softly over the lumped skin. 'It doesn't matter Midoriya. Whether you remember or you don't, you're still going to be my best friend.' He watches and Midoriya's eyes slowly rise to meet his.

'We can make new memories together.'

Midoriya sniffles and his eyes fill with tears. 'Thank you so much Todoroki.' He chokes out, hugging him tightly. Todoroki chuckles as holds the green head.

He's still the same old Midoriya.

・・・

Bakugou was rushed through emergency and into his own room. Nurses stopped Kirishima from going any further, assuring him that Bakugou was in good hands and he need to let the doctors do their job.

After a lot of protesting and bargaining with the nurses, Kirishima finally sat down in the waiting room on the agreement that he'd hear the moment the doctors knew anything.

He sat there quietly, not sure on what to do with himself. All he felt was the guilt in his chest and the fear in his heart. He couldn't loose Bakugou... not after everything they went through together.

His mind drifted off to when the incident happened. How distraught and quiet Bakugou was, only responding to the mention of Midoriya's name. It was only now that Kirishima fully understood how Bakugou felt in that moment. How scared he must've been, how much guilt he would've been drowning in.

He hated that he didn't realise earlier just how much Bakugou was hurting. None of them tried to understand the blonde, their minds all fixated on the one in the hospital bed then the one drowning in his own regret.

They neglected Bakugou, failed to support him. Midoriya was playing on their minds and they forgot that Bakugou was human too. That he was hurt just as much if not more then the others.

They forgot the one that was alive and breathing, the one that was there the whole time.

Kirishima hugged his knees to his chest and rocked slowly. Why did they only notice Bakugou when he was swimming in his own blood? Why didn't they take care of him properly from day one?

'Kirishima?'

His head jolts up and he sees the kind nurse from earlier smiling down at him. 'Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I just thought that I'd let you know that Bakugou is stabilised now. All his wounds have been treated and stitched. The doctor gave him a blood transfusion due to blood loss but other then that, he should wake up in a few hours or so.'

'C-Can I see him?' Kirishima asks desperately. The nurse sighs softly at the red head. She knew that she really shouldn't, but the amount of worry on Kirishima's face ended up getting the best of her.

'Okay but please let him rest, he's still healing.'

'I-I WILL! THANK YOU SO MUCH!' Kirishima yells, bolting down the hall towards Bakugou's room. The nurse chuckles at his eagerness and continues on with her job.

Kirishima enters Bakugou's room and closes the door behind him - looking at the sleeping figure in front of him. He'd never seen Bakugou look so calm. It was almost as though he was finally at peace with everything.

Kirishima softly held Bakugou's hand in his, let the warm comfort him. With the beeping of the heart monitor and quiet breathing of Bakugou, Kirishima fell asleep at his bedside.

・・・

A/N: Who's your favourite ship from 'Save You' so far?

> Bakugou X Midoriya
> Kirishima X Bakugou
> Midoriya X Todoroki

Let me know in the comments!