Chapter 25 : Scared

Midoriya anxiously stood outside the door, oblivious as to what just occurred. He went over his short conversation with Kirishima millions of times in his head but failed to realise where he went wrong.

He couldn't understand why that blonde boy was so angry with him or why he was so determined for him to call Bakugou 'Kacchan'. It just didn't make sense, Midoriya didn't remember a thing.

He felt so frustrated and guilty. His heart felt like it tore in two when he saw the despair on that blonde boy's face. Why was he reacting this way? He didn't even know who he was.

Midoriya slowly walked down the hall, debating as to whether he should tell Todoroki about the encounter. On one hand, he understood that Todoroki held a certain distaste towards Bakugou. But on the other, Todoroki remembered everything that had occurred so far during their high school lives and he'd be able to explain what just happened.

・・・

Todoroki slips the grilled cheese sandwich onto a plate and looks around. Midoriya still hadn't came back although Todoroki did mention to not go for too long.

He could feel himself growing anxious over Midoriya not returning yet. However, Todoroki decided that he was being overprotective. I mean, it was only natural for him to be worried - Midoriya had just came out of a coma. But, he did need to learn to allow Midoriya to do things on his own. Todoroki couldn't baby him forever.

Just as Todoroki decides to look for him, he sees Midoriya walking over to him - shaking. Todoroki's eyes widen and he meets Midoriya halfway, resting a hand on his shoulder. 'Midoriya, what happened?' He asks, trying his best to remain calm. When in reality, he wanted to rip the throat out of whoever made him so afraid.

Midoriya looks up at Todoroki and into his eyes. He can see the underlying anger but also a sense of calmness. He debates over whether to tell him or not. He didn't want to make Todoroki upset or angry, he'd already hurt him enough on his own.

Todoroki can see Midoriya debating. He was trying to put Todoroki first but there was no way he was going to allow that. Last time, Todoroki let Midoriya do that and look where it ended. Todoroki should've been there from the start, protecting Midoriya.

'It's okay Midoriya, you can tell me.' Todoroki says softly, watching a Midoriya's beautiful emerald eyes widen.

Midoriya could never understand how Todoroki could do that. How he could just instantly know what he was thinking or feeling. It was like a superpower, perhaps his quirk? Midoriya shudders at the idea. 'Todoroki, what's your quirk?'

Todoroki looked at Midoriya and sighed. He could tell that he was trying to avoid the situation by directing the conversation down a different path. 'Mine is "Half-Hot, Half-Cold." I can generate ice from my right side and fire on my left.' He answers. Todoroki steps back slightly from Midoriya and holds out his left hand, creating a small flame. 'You helped me do this Midoriya. I could never use my left side.'

Midoriya watched as the flame danced on Todoroki's hand. It was so beautiful and calm, just like the creator. 'Me? How could I do that?' Midoriya asks, looking up at Todorki's soft features.

'You encouraged me and made me look at my quirk from a different perspective. For a long time I saw my left side as a sin. It was disgusting and the part I hated most about myself. But then, you made me realise that even though that side of me represents my father, I'm still me. That it's my quirk - not his.'

Todoroki watches as Midoriya looks at him in shock. 'I said that?' He asks, pointing to himself slowly.

Todoroki nods. 'Yes, you did.' He vanishes the flame and steps closer to Midoriya again. 'Now, can you please tell me what happened before?'

Midoriya gulps and looks at the ground. The whole situation was too confusing for him. For some reason, he felt all these negative emotions but couldn't understand why.

'I-I met Kirishima and a boy in the bathrooms.' Midoriya starts off, suddenly taking interest in his hands. 'I t-tried asking Kirishima about B... K-Kacchan and the other boy became angry w-with me.'

Todoroki's eyes widen. 'Midoriya. Where did you hear that name from?' He asks sternly, anger rushing through his body.

'I heard it from you, you called him Kirishi-'

'No. I'm meaning the other name. Where did you hear that from?'

'The boy that was with Kirishima told me that if I didn't call Bakugou, Kacchan then he'd h-hurt me.' Midoriya whimpers out, his body shaking even more.

Todoroki grits his teeth. Of course Bakugou had to go and make a scene. Who cares what Midoriya calls him? At the moment, they're trying to keep any memory triggers at bay. Bakugou can't just go blabbering on like he did in the past because it's insanely dangerous for Midoriya's health.

'I'll be back Midoriya, stay here. You're food is on the bench, okay?'

Midoriya grabs Todoroki's arm, looking up at him with begging eyes. 'No. Please just stay here with me okay?' He asks, tears filling his eyes. Midoriya was afraid right now. He'd never seen this side of Todoroki before and the idea of him going to that scary boy made his heart pound even more. 'Please Todoroki I'm scared.' He whimpered.

Todoroki felt guilt rush through his body due to Midoriya's teary eyes and begging. 'It's okay Midoriya. I'm just going to go talk to Kirishima, that's all. I'll be back really soon, okay?' He looks over at the couch and sees Uraraka, Tsuyu, Ojiro and Iida staring at the two.

Todoroki takes Midoryia's hand and leads him over to the group. 'Now, Midoriya these are some more of your friends. Remember Uraraka from all the stories?' Midoriya nods his head, wiping his tears. 'Well, this is Uraraka. She'll take care of you, okay?'

Midoriya looked up at the brown haired girl that is already looking back at him with teary eyes. She looks so happy and he knows that he can't be selfish right now. He'll have to start attending his classes again soon and can't keep avoiding all his classmates.

'O-Okay.' Midoriya whispers. Todoroki smiles softly and quickly whispers something to Uraraka. She nods in response and holds out her hand for Midoriya to take.

'Hello Midoriya, I'm Uraraka. It's a pleasure to meet you again!'