Chapter 16 : Best Friends

Todoroki walked into the room and the nurse looked up with an annoyed expression, probably expecting Bakugou. But her face softened when she saw Todoroki. She gave him a soft smile before saying something to Midoriya and leaving.

She shut the door behind her and Todoroki approached Midoriya, sitting beside his beside. He didn't know what to say, Midoriya didn't even know who he was and was obviously uncomfortable.

'H-Hello.' Midoriya whispers.

Todoroki looks at him, a small smile on his face. Even with how shy he is, Midoriya still put others before himself. Todoroki knew he was shaken up over Bakugou, something must've happened. But, he didn't want to touch that subject just yet.

'Hey,' Todoroki answers, 'how are you feeling?'

Midoriya fiddles with the white stitching on his sheets. 'O-Okay I guess. Just a little c-confused.' That little stutter, he still had it. Todoroki had always thought that was a cute aspect about him. The only time Midoriya lost that stutter was (funnily enough) when they were in a serious situation.

Even though he'd always been self-conscious about it, Todoroki loved it. It was what made Midoriya, Midoriya.

'That's fair,' Todoroki answers. 'Do you know what happened?'

Midoriya sighs and meets Todoroki's eyes. 'A-A little,' he starts off. 'The nurses t-told me I was in an a-accident.' Todoroki nods, not speaking a word. He understood what the nurses were doing. They were trying not to trigger any memories just yet as it would be too much for Midoriya to handle.

'Yes, that's right. We've been really worried about you these last few weeks Midoriya.'

The green head pauses. 'M-Midoriya?' He asks, 'is that my n-name?'

Todoroki's eyes widen. He'd underestimated just how much Midoriya had forgotten. Of course he knew that if Midoriya didn't know who Bakugou was then it was serious because those two have known each other their whole lives. But for Midoriya to not even remember his name... that was something else.

'Yes it is. Your name is Midoriya Izuku.' Todoroki answers, trying to mask the emotion in his voice. But Midoriya could hear the tremble in it and notice the fear in his eyes. The boy beside him was hurting and although he didn't know him, Midoriya felt upset too - like he was someone important to him.

'You attend UA High School.' Todoroki continues. He sees Midoriya look back dumbly at him like he didn't understand. 'UA is a school built for the next upcoming heroes.' Todoroki explains and Midoriya nods his head, whispering a small 'oh'.

'H-Heroes? Are they like people that help the c-community?'

'Not quite.' Todoroki answers. 'We live in a society of super humans. Everyone is born with a superpower that is called a quirk. Seeming as everyone has their own power, people either choose to use it for good, evil or not at all.'

Midoriya just nods, soaking in all the information. That explains the blonde boy earlier. He was scared when sparks began coming out of his hands. Honestly he didn't know what the think of it at first but now, he knows that was most likely his quirk showing through.

'Since there is the opportunity to use it for evil, many villains have arose to torment citizens. Therefore, heroes have dedicated their lives to saving others. That is why UA was created along with many other schools to help guide and train the upcoming heroes.'

Midoriya frowns for a second, thinking over everything the boy just said. How crazy! He lives in such a cool world! But, it's also scary. The job of a hero sounds terrifying... But wait. If Todoroki said UA was for training heroes and he attends UA...

Was he a hero?!

Todoroki could read Midoriya's thoughts. He knew that Midoriya had obviously just analysed everything that just spilled from his mouth and has figured out that he too, wanted to be a hero.

'Your life long dream was to be the best hero and follow in the footsteps of All Might. The number one hero and symbol of peace.'

Midoriya's eyes widen. A number one hero?! He really wanted to be that good? Wasn't his old self scared? Didn't he just run away and hide?

'You and All Might actually have a very close relationship. Once I actually suspected that you were his secret child or something.' Todoroki chuckled at the memory. Midoriya's flushed face as he waved his hands, denying it quickly. He was so flustered when he heard that, like he could never imagine being related to someone so great.

'I-It sounds like we must've been g-good friends.' Midoriya answers, smiling softly.

Todoroki nods, a small smile still on his lips. 'It was funny. At the start I wasn't very fond of you, I found you strange. You have this habit of crying a lot and you could barely control your quirk then. All I could think was 'how the hell did he make it in here?''

Todoroki looks at Midoriya lowering his head slowly. He could tell that Midoriya was taking it to heart. Since Midoriya didn't remember Todoroki or all the memories they shared, he must've just taken it as an insult due to his insecurities.

'But you proved yourself. You really showed us all how just how much you deserved to be in our class.' Todoroki continues, making Midoriya's head snap up. 'You were the life of our class very soon, the little sunshine. You never failed to lighten the mood when things were down and always looked out for us.'

'If it wasn't for you then there's so much I wouldn't of learned. You helped me through my personal issues - the hatred I held against myself. You made me who I am today.' Todoroki gently places a hand on top of Midoriya's.

'It's my turn to help you now. I will help you remember everything, piece by piece.'

・・・

A/N: Is there anyone else out there that adores Midoriya and Todoroki's friendship?