Chapter 37 : Improvement

'You know, Midoriya seems to be rather interested in you today.'

Bakugou almost spits out his water as Kirishima speaks. He instantly glares at the red head before wiping his mouth with the cuffs of his sleeve. 'The fuck you on shitty hair? The nerd doesn't even know who I fucking am.'

Kirishima rolls his eyes at Bakugou's blunt response. 'I mean he's been looking at you a lot today. Maybe it's time for you to approach him.'

'I did.' Bakugou replies stubbornly, taking another bite of his meal. It was good to see Bakugou put on some weight again, Kirishima couldn't of been more proud. Bakugou has came a long way, it's time to take another step in his recovery.

Kirishima sighs and bangs his head on the table. 'You yelling at him during his panic attack doesn't count. Gosh Bakugou, actually think about this!'

Bakugou stares Kirishima down as he sips on his water. It's almost like a staring match between the two in a fight of dominance. Bakugou knew very well that Kirishima was coming from a good place and that he was right about Midoriya. However, he was stupidly afraid to approach the boy. For the first time ever, he was afraid of Midoriya, of all people.

'I heard from Uraraka that Midoriya remembered something from middle school.' Kaminari pipes in, gaining the attention of everyone at the table. 'Apparently it was only something small, like what the room looked like or something. But Bakugou was present it in.'

Bakugou's eyes widen and he slams his hands down onto the table. 'The fuck you mean I was there?! Why hasn't anyone told me about this until now?!'

Kaminari instantly jumps back at Bakugou's outburst and remains a safe distance from him. 'Hey, don't shoot the messenger! All I know is that. You'll have to ask Uraraka or Todoroki yourself.'

Bakugou grunts and slumps back into his seat, crossing his arms like a toddler. 'That fucking icy-hot bastard won't tell me shit. Plus, he has round face wrapped around his little finger at the moment. There's no fucking way she's breathing a word of it to me.'

Kirishima looks up from his half-eaten steak and gulps down the another piece. 'I mean,' he starts, in between chewing. 'I could ask.'

Bakugou glares at Kirishima in disgust as he talks, but nods. 'Firstly, close your fucking mouth when eating you goddamn animal.' Kirshima instantly shuts his mouth upon Bakugou's command so he would continue. 'Secondly, that could actually fucking work.'

Kirishima smiles brightly. 'You see! I told you I was smart!' Kaminari gives Kirishima a high-five, making Sero, Mina and Jirou laugh in the background.

'I never said you were fucking smart hair for brains.' Bakugou spits, looking over at Midoriya's table. 'If you're so fucking smart then find yourself a new tutor.'

Kirishima shakes his head, a big goofy grin gracing his lips. 'No way! You offered man, you can't take that back.'

'I didn't offer, you fucking used my ego against me!' Bakugou yells, hands creating small explosions against the wood of the table. This gained many student's attention which made Kirishima blush in embarrassment and apologise for Bakugou's behaviour.

'Bakubro, you know you can't just cause a scene like that! It puts me in a really awkward position.' Kirishima whispers once he manages to get everyone's eyes off of their table.

'Fucking good,' Bakugou huffs, returning to his meal. 'I'll do it more often.'

'So wait,' Kaminari begins, clasping his hands together and resting his head upon them in a serious manner. 'You're telling me that we can get Bakugou to do anything if we just tell him that he can't do it?'

Kirishima nods, raising his eyebrows slightly. 'Yeah pretty much. I mean, it works for me.'

'Oh fuck off shitty hair.' Bakugou growls, finishing off his meal before standing from the table.

'Hey! Where are you going man?' Kirishima asks, watching as his friend begins to walk away.

'To the library dumbass.' Bakugou calls back whilst dumping his tray at the designated area.

Kirishima's smiles and waves as his friend walks towards the door. 'Alright! I'll be there after I finish my steak!'

Bakugou replies with a simple flip off before leaving the room. Kirishima smiles softly at his retreating figure. Nothing can explain how grateful Kirishima felt to have his best friend back. It was the best feeling in the world.

'You know, it's kinda creepy to smile at a piece of meat like that.'

Kirishima looks up in confusion but realises what Kaminari was implying. He chuckles softly as he picks up a piece of meat in between his chopsticks. 'Yeah, that's fair to say.'

'What has you so happy anyways? It feels like ages since you've been so relaxed.' Sero asks, finally joining the conversation.

'It's Bakugou.' Kirishima replies, 'I'm just really glad that he's himself again. It's been a rough month.'

The whole table nods in agreement. So much has occurred just over a few weeks. It wasn't only them, but the whole class that had been stressed - especially over Midoriya's condition.

'Doesn't Bakugou seem a little more tamed now?' Mina asks, 'he seems less aggressive then usual.'

Kirishima just shrugs. 'I mean, he's usually like this to me. But, I guess for you guys it seems out of character.' Kiri finishes his steak and chugs down the last few drops of his water. 'Bakubro is really just a big softie. You just need to get on his right side to see it.'

Kaminari leans his head against the table in a dejected manner. 'Correction: you just have to be a red head with red eyes, a buff body and hardening quirk.' Kaminari looks up at his friend as sarcasm drips from his voice. 'Oh and having your name be Kirishima Eijiro would really help your case.'

Kirishima laughs at Kaminari's sarcasm. 'Come on man, you know Bakubro loves you.' Kirishima grabs his tray, 'speaking of which, I promised to join him at the library so I'll see you guys later on.'

Within a few seconds, Kirisima had his tray discarded and was out the cafeteria doors. Kaminari watches one with dull eyes, bored as his entertainment had disappeared.

'And then, there were four.'

• • •

A/N: Hey everyone! How are you all?
I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far!
Thank you so so much for 20K! I seriously can't even believe this. Your support means the world to me!
You guys are absolutely amazing! I hope you all have a wonderful day / night!
~ m00n_child_ 💕