Chapter 21 : Control

Bakugou was discharged that afternoon and sent back to the dorms. However, he now acquired a Kirishima in a futon on his floor as his medication. Ever since Kirishima found Bakugou that morning, he was practically glued at his hip.

A few days later Midoriya was also discharged. Todoroki helped him gather his belongings and leave the hospital. All of class 1A were ecstatic to have their beloved sunshine back at the dorms but Aizawa insisted that they didn't throw a party or start anything chaotic because of Midoriya's condition.

It was better for them to carrying on with everyday life.

Todoroki helped Midoriya find his room and then opened the door. He watched as Midoriya's face lit up as he scrambled inside, looking around in awe. He let out a laugh, looking back at Todoroki with a wide smile.

'You were right! There's All Might merchandise everywhere!'

Todoroki chuckles and walks over to Midoriya with his hands stuff in the front pockets of his denim jeans. 'I told you so, did you not believe me?' The two looked at the All Might rug, bed spread, posters, figures, books, etc. that was decorated across Midoriya's room.

Midoriya walked over to his bed and sat on the edge of it, enjoying the mattress bounce back up underneath him. He falls backwards, letting the mattress envelope him in comfort.

'This is amazing.' Midoriya sighs in relief. He never realised just how much he missed his room - even though he didn't remember a thing about it, it provided a type of security that he didn't know he needed.

'I've always wondered how you could sleep on that mattress. You practically sink into the slats.' Todoroki says, a teasing glint to his orbs. Midoriya smiles and shakes his head furiously.

'No way! This is the comfiest mattress I've ever slept on! That hospital mattress had my back aching.'

Todoroki smiles softly and approaches Midoriya, joining him on the bed. The mattress shifted under his weight, forcing Midoriya's lighter body to rise a little. But he didn't mind, he liked Todoroki's comfort and the warm of being next to him.

Todoroki was the kind of friend you could spend hours with doing absolutely nothing. They didn't need to talk or entertain each other, their company was enough.

Midoriya shifted around a little, lying closer to Todoroki's left side to get more warmth from his body. It was a colder autumn day and Midoriya didn't feel like crawling underneath the covers. He knew he'd fall asleep and didn't want to be a burden for Todoroki.

Out of the corner of his eye, Todoroki could see Midoriya's heavy eyelids and squirming. He knew instantly that the boy was forcing himself to stay awake. But, if Todoroki was to point this out then Midoriya would deny it and try even harder to stay awake.

'Hey I'm feeling a little sleepy. Would you mind me crashing here for a little?'

Midoriya's ears perk up and he looks at Todoroki curiously. He didn't seem tired, but Todoroki had been with him since he's awoken so maybe all those sleepless nights were catching up to him.

'Yeah that's okay. I might take a nap too now that you mention it.' Midoriya let's out a little yawn and crawls up the bed, peeling back the duvet and snuggling under it. He continues to hold the other side open as an invitation for Todoroki to join him which the boy gladly accepts, sliding in beside him.

The two keep a distance between each other, not knowing the limit of their boundaries. Before Midoriya lost his memory, they'd often snuggle just for the comfort. Midoriya found it hard being away from his mum and Todoroki enjoyed the comfort he missed out on as a child; it worked for the both of them.

They lied awkwardly straight, their bodies hardly comfortable. Todoroki was yearning to hold the green head close to his chest; he'd missed the comfort that he hadn't experienced for over a month.

But, Midoriya could feel differently now. He might be creeped out or uncomfortable with Todoroki touching him so intimately. Of course before it was just seen as two friend seeking comfort. But now, Midoriya didn't know a thing - didn't know the boundaries they'd set.

It was too much of a risk. Because Todoroki knew that Midoriya didn't understand, he know that the boy was vulnerable. And even with all the patience Todoroki had, ever since the incident he'd promised himself to not contain his feelings if another chance was presented.

So if the opportunity was to arises, Todoroki didn't know if he could stop himself from losing control.

• • •

A/N: Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for 1K reads! You guys are amazing!! 💜