Chapter 30 : Happier

'I can't fucking believe you.'

Kirishima shoots Bakugou a bright smile as he places the shopping bags on his bed. They'd just returned from their little shopping spree and Bakugou wasn't exactly pleased with the outcome.

One by one, Kirishima unpacks each bag and gently rests the purchase on the soft mattress. Bakugou glares down each product with complete disgust. He can't believe that Kirishima really managed to convince him to do this.

'Okay! Let's get started!' Kirishima says excitedly, grasping the dye packet in this hair. Bakugou groans in response and reluctantly heads to Kirishima's built-in bathroom. There's no way he was going to do this in front of the others.

'Take off your shirt.' Kirishima orders whilst ripping open the cardboard box.

Bakugou glares back at Kirishima who doesn't seem to be bothered in the least. He was busy reading the instructions on the back of the packet.

'You fucking pervert.' Bakugou's grumbles, pulling his shirt over his head. 'Do you have a fucking thing for me being shirtless?'

Kirishima just rolls his eyes in response. 'I mean if you want to keep your shirt on and get dye all over it then go for it man.' Bakugou goes grumbles a little more but doesn't bite back, knowing that Kirishima had a valid point.

'Okay so let's get started.' Kirishima says, swirling the brush in amongst the bright orange dye. 'You're lucky that your hair is already blonde - it saves me having to bleach it.'

Bakugou remains quiet but he certainly doesn't seem pleased to be in this situation. His expression speaks a thousand words; eyes narrowed, eyebrow creased and mouth in a thin straight line.

'What the fuck Shitty Hair!' Bakugou yells as he feels something wet his ear. Kirishima sighs in response.

'It's just a little bit of dye bro, there's nothing to be afraid of.'

'Fuck off! I'm not scared!' Bakugou shouts in response, making Kirishima smirk.

'Well if you're not scared then you'd stop jumping every time the dye comes in contact with your skin.'

'It's not the fucking dye that worries me, it's the hair dresser.' Bakugou's grumbles in response.

'Just relax bro, it'll look great.'

• • •

'What the actual fuck. No fucking way are you coming anywhere near me with that thing!'

Kirshima pouts at the ridiculous looking Bakugou. His once blonde hair is now wet with dye and concealed in a shower cap. There's the odd markings of dye on Bakugou's face, neck and ears but overall, Kirishima was proud of his work.

However, phase two of his plan was about to taking a lot more convincing to make Bakugou agree.

'Bro I promise I'll be gentle,' Kirishima reasons. 'You won't feel a thing.'

'You're not even fucking trained to do this dumbass!' Bakugou yells in response. 'There's no fucking way I'm being your trial subject!'

'I've watched plenty of videos on this!' Kirishima adds, 'I'm just as good as any trained professional!'

'Like fuck you are!' Bakugou says.

Kirishima sighs and looks at the needle in his hand. 'I've sterilised everything so you won't get an infection and I even made sure to buy you a nice stud!'

'Somehow, I'm still not fucking convinced.' Bakugou retorts in a sarcastic tone.

'Come on man!' Kirishima whines, 'I'm trying to help you!'

Bakugou feels a slight pang to his heart from Kirishima's words. It's true, the red head has good intentions and is trying his best. Besides, if anything goes wrong they have recovery girl right on call. Plus, Kirishima has properly studied for this (or so he says).

'Fine.' Bakugou grumbles.

Kirishima's eyes widen and he grabs Bakugou's by the shoulders, shaking the now orange haired boy. 'REALLY?YOU MEAN IT?!'

Bakugou pushes Kirishima's hands off him aggressively. 'Yes I'm fucking serious. But, if you fuck up my nose then you're dead meat.'

Kirishima nods instantly. 'Deal!'

'I wasn't asking if you agreed I was stating.' Bakugou says, 'that was a fucking threat idiot.'

Kirishima ignores Bakugou and grabs his equipment, jittering with excitement. He's always wanted to pierce someone's nose but no one was ever up for it. Bakugou is just so manly.

After marking Bakugou's nose and sterilising everything properly for the second time just to make sure, Kirishima is finally ready.

He tilts Bakugou's head upwards so he's at a good angle for his piercing to go smoothly. Bakugou's face remained angered but on the inside he could feel his heart thudding against his rib cage. He'd never been so nervous yet he couldn't figure out the reason.

Was it because he was about to let this idiot pierce his nose or because Kirishima was so close to him?

Either way, Bakugou wasn't enjoying this jittery feeling he had. He wanted it to stop asap. However, the closer Kirishima moved in with the needle the faster his heart would beat.

'Okay. 3...2...'

Before reaching one Kirishima forces the needle through, taking Bakugou by surprise. 'Ow! What the fuck Shit-.'

'Stay still Bakugou! I need to get the stud in quickly before your nose starts healing!' Kirishima cuts in, pulling the needle out before replacing it with the stud.

Bakugou's nose was red and he felt slight discomfort. However, there wasn't blood and the pain had turned to a more suttle throbbing. In other words, Kirishima didn't do so badly.

Bakugou's stares at his reflection in the mirror, the small Dimond stud twinkling in the light. He looked nothing like himself anymore. It was almost as though every trace of his past had been covered.

This wasn't him.

The afternoon dragged on, Kirishima treated Bakugou's piercing and washed out his dye before styling his hair. At last, Kirishima made Bakugou's change into his new outfit and waited excitedly on his bed. He couldn't wait for the end product.

Bakugou steppes our and Kirishima's jaw drop. Before him was someone completely unrecognisable.

Bakugou was dressed in tight, black ripped skinny jeans that had a black, studded belt fastened around his tiny waist. On top of that was his  a black shirt that had a small image in the centre And stripped long sleeve shirt which really made his muscular arms pop.

'Wow.' Kirishima said in awe, before realising something. 'Wait! You're missing one thing!' He dashed to the last bag which was discarded on the floor.

Bakugou watched in curiosity but also dreaded just what the boy would pull from the bag. To his utter disgust, Kirishima returned with a pair of red crocs that matched the ones that were sitting by his front door.

'No. No fucking way.' Bakugou says. 'I did everything, literally let you pierce my fucking nose. But, there is no fucking way I'm putting those hideous bitches on.'

Kirishima laughs. 'Really? The crocs are what's going to do you in?' He watches as Bakugou nods in response. 'Fine. But, in my opinion it'll make you look like a complete 100%.'

'What are you saying that I'm not a fucking 100% now?!' Bakugou's yells, approaching the smug looking Kirishima.

'Hmm I'd say you're about a solid 89%. Not having those crocs have really taken its toll.'

'Those bitches would've made me drop to a -89%!' Bakugou yells in response.

Kirishima fake gasps and holds a hand over his heart. 'You know, that hurt. I take pride in my babies okay?'

'Does it look like I fucking care?' Bakugou replies in a low, monotone voice.

'Not really.' Kirishima answers. 'But I'm happy because you definitely seem happier.'