Chapter 24 : Save Him

Midoriya watched as Todoroki generously loaded a slice of bread with cheese before placing another slice on top. This made Midoriya cringe. Sure, it looked delicious but definitely not the healthiest.

Todoroki placed the cheese sandwich in a sandwich press and shut the lid, waiting for the cheese to melt and pour out the sides.

He turns and looks at Midoriya that is pulling a face of disgust while listening to the sizzling of the grill.

'Really Todoroki? A grilled cheese sandwich?'

Todoroki shrugs and returns his attention to the grill. 'It's quick and easy - my best recipe.'

Midoriya feels his insides clench. This poor soul.. He knew that they'd all been living in the dorms now for a few months and he desperately wished that Todoroki didn't just eat only grilled cheese sandwiches.

'Was I-' Midoriya pauses as he sees Todoroki'a frown, remembering that he dislikes Midoriya referring to his 'past self' as a different individual. 'Am I a good cook?' He asks, watching the grill with Todoroki.

'I wouldn't say you were amazing.' Todoroki answers truthfully. 'Sure you knew some recipes but you're not some high class chef.'

Midoriya nods, listening to Todoroki. Sometimes he found it weird, having to ask Todoroki about what he likes and what he's good at. It's just something he should know himself. But, yet again he doesn't know what it's like to know everything about himself.

'Hey I need to go to the bathrooms. They're just down the corridor aren't they?'

'Yup. Just head down there and then it's the second door on your left. Honestly hard to miss though.' Todoroki replies. 'Be quick. I'll cook you your grilled cheese now and if you're not back before it's done I'll come looking.'

Midoriya rolls his eyes playfully. 'Yes mum.' He answers, heading off down the hall. Todoroki chuckles whilst watching the boy walk away.

Midoriya looks down the hallway and can understand why Todoroki said it's hard to miss. There's a large sign reading 'Male Bathroom' which is accompanied by a simple, blue male figure that stands out against the white paint.

Midoriya slips inside and looks around. There's five large stalls on the left hand side and a doorway that's covered by a sheet that reads 'bath'.

After taking in the room, Midoriya walks into a stall to quickly do his business. Loud chatter enters the room and he can feel himself tense up. He doesn't know the owners of the voices but they seem oddly familiar.

'Fuck off Shitty Hair. I can shower by myself.' A loud, irritated voice echos in the room.

'Calm down dude. I'm just following Mr. Aizawa's orders.' Another voice replies back, even and relaxed. Honestly, the person even sounded slightly amused.

'Yeah but he didn't fucking mean to follow me to the shower like some pervet.' The original voice argues back, a large clang echoing in the room.

'Well I mean, I can ring him now if you'd like. Maybe he can come watch over you.' The other voice replies with a chuckle.

There's a sound of shuffling and grunts, 'you bastard! Give me your fucking phone!' A voice yells against another bang.

'Wait on! I just need to call Mr. Aizawa first!'

When Midoriya flushes, the room falls silent. He stays in the stall shaking, afraid for some reason. There wasn't even a reason to be afraid. It was just two of his classmates goofing around, why is he feeling uneasy?