Please Read

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if you were expecting this to be another chapter. However, there is something I've noticed and need to address.

I've held off of talking about this because I believe every deserves to voice their own opinion. However, some of the comments regarding the characters and ships are beginning to get too toxic and out of hand. That's why I've created this part in hope of solving this.

This story (if reading the tags) is a kiribaku, tododeku and bakudeku book. Although Bakugou and Midoriya are the main focus, I still want to include the other 'ships' to try and display the other relationships/friendships and make it more realistic. The tags don't necessarily mean a romantic relationship, they can mean friendship too.

Another thing bothering me is some of the comments regarding Todoroki. I understand every has their own viewing on Todoroki and I completely understand and accept that. However, there is one clear thing that needs to be said;

Nobody is perfect.

Each character in this book has their own flaws and difficulties. Although some of his actions are wrong and uncalled for, please refrain from swearing and leaving toxic comments. I don't mind if you simply say, 'that was uncalled for.' or 'that wasn't okay.' But those of you who are being toxic due to his attitude or the ships, please don't comment.

On the Todoroki note, I'm going to use this opportunity to explain the characters and make it clear as to why I've made their character react differently then they normally would to situations.

Todoroki Shoto
Ever since the sports festival, its undeniable that Todoroki grew close with Midoriya. Midoriya is Todoroki's first friend. He's never had a friend or any close attachments outside of his family which is made clear during his back story. Also, his emotional trauma made him closed off to everyone. But, Midoriya was the one that broke through his boundaries. Midoriya made Todoroki the character is today and it's obvious that Todoroki cares a lot for him. This is clear in the original battle against Stain and 'School Briefs : 1'.
Even though it's uncertain whether canon Todoroki does have feelings for Midoriya, it's still obvious that he'd be affected if anything were to happen to him. That's why Todoroki is protective and out of character. Imagine having your first ever friend become severely injured - and close to death - because of his childhood bully being reckless. I'm sure you wouldn't act normal either.
On top of that, in this story, Todoroki has feelings for Midoriya so he would obviously want to protect him. For Todoroki, the incident affected him a lot. He never blamed Bakugou but after seeing Bakugou almost kill Midoriya, even if he wasn't in his right mind, Todoroki was obviously going to grow a hatred towards him. Bakugou is also a threat to Midoriya's mental health. If Midoriya remembers certain incidents too quickly, it's unpredictable on how he will react. (This will be further explained in future chapters).
Please also keep in mind that Todoroki didn't tell Bakugou about Midoriya's memory loss for two reasons.
1) He didn't want to upset Bakugou. Even though it was obvious that Bakugou was going to find out either way, he still wanted to give Bakugou a bit of happiness. He did this for good reasons, not to hurt Bakugou. I know it's arguable that it only hurt Bakugou more. But, Todoroki didn't intend for it to unfold in that way.
2) Todoroki was also still processing everything. It was hard enough for him already to hear of the news and he wasn't thinking straight. I know that many of you doubt Todoroki's intentions, but he is also human. He's not perfect but everything he does has a reason.
Todoroki has a good heart and his own reasons for his behaviour. At the moment, he is out of line and being rude to Bakugou, but he's trying his best to cope. I know that it's not exactly justifiable, but he's trying his best and I feel like those who are being aggressive over his behaviour need to try and understand all the perspectives and emotions of each character.

Bakugou Katsuki
Now strangely enough, there's very few negative comments regarding Bakugou. But, I'd still like to go over his mental state as well.
Bakugou obviously has some issues that have been addressed in the series so far. His view on Midoriya is affected because of this. In this book, Bakugou does still feel as though Midoriya looks down on him and is threatened by his quirk. However, I decided my own concept as to why Bakugou bullied Midoriya.
My concept is that Bakugou was scared about Midoriya being hurt (due to his quirkless state) and didn't know how to express that. Bakugou cares for Midoriya, but his ways of showing it are questionable.
When pulling the plug, Bakugou wasn't in the right headspace. Even with the evidence right before him, he still was unable to grasp how heavy the situation was. That's why he went to pull the plug, because he truly believed that Midoriya was okay and was alive. He only realised the whole situation after Todoroki interfered.
As for Bakugou and Kirishima, they're close friends. Kirishima is the only person that managed to get close with Bakugou (which is also canon despite Kaminari, Sero and Mina existing). They have a strong bond so it's obvious that they'd be there for each other during everything. Kirishima cares for Bakugou as a friend.

Kirishima Ejiro
Now there is very very minimal comments about Kirishima but there is still one bit I'd like to address. Other then the whole 'kiribaku' complaints, there's a certain scene in the book that I feel needs to be explained.
When Kirishima arrived at the hospital after Bakugou nearly pulled the plug, the only reason Kirishima called Bakugou "Kacchan" was to snap him out of his daze. Kirishima understands Bakugou and he knew in that moment, the only way to get a response was to use that name. So, for those of you becoming upset over him calling Bakugou, 'Kacchan', please understand that it was used to help Bakugou and did help him.
Also, when Kirishima brought up Uraraka's thoughts to Bakugou and grew frustrated, it was understandable. To have your best friend being so depressed and not being able to do a single thing about it would stress anyone out. Kirishima was at his limit. Ever since Kamino he had been carrying guilt about not saving Bakugou, just as Midoriya did. However, to not be able to save him the second time either really took it's toll on him.
Kirishima is trying his best to be happy and understanding of Bakugou's mental health. He's not angry with Bakugou and can understand Todoroki's actions (even if they are wrong). He just wants to help everyone and be able to get not only Bakugou, but his classmates back to their normal happy selves. Even though it's unreasonable for him to do that (as so much as happened, they can't just instantly all be okay again), his heart is in a good place.

Midoriya Izuku
Now I feel like his character is very self explanatory. Midoriya has no recollection of anything. He doesn't understand the tension between Bakugou and Todoroki and also doesn't know what truly happened to him. For all he knows, he was in an accident.
Although Bakugou was the first to see him, Midoriya was still very fazed. He doesn't remember a great deal from their encounter. The only thing he remembers is Bakugou's blonde hair and his anger.
Midoriya was frightened by Bakugou and was confused. That's why he didn't latch onto Bakugou like he did with Todoroki.
When Todoroki met Midoriya, he was much calmer despite how upset he was. Todoroki answered his questions and explained many things to him. Even though Bakugou's reaction was understandable, Todoroki made Midoriya feel safe. Plus, before the incident, Midoriya and Todoroki were close. But, Bakugou frightened Midoriya after the years of torment. Midoriya's fear of Bakugou is noticeable in the main storyline.

So, in conclusion to everything. If you can't stand this book having a realistic sense to it or the characters having emotions, please don't continue to read it. I've made this book to be complicated and frustrating. No one here is perfect. Each character's have their own perspectives and intentions and I'd be really happy if you all were to understand that.

Other then that, I'm grateful for all of you that have been supportive and kind in the comment section. I really am sorry to have to upload such a chapter, and I really didn't want to, but I felt like it had to be explained.

The next chapter will be up soon so make sure to keep an eye out!
If any of you have any further questions regarding the characters, please comment them and I'll make sure to answer them all.

Have a lovely morning/night!

~ m00n_child_