Chapter 13 : Awake

Kirishima's stomach dropped the moment he heard Bakugou's troubles. He desperately wished to help him but knew that he couldn't. Bakugou had to get through this by himself, Kirishima couldn't fix this with a bandaid.

Bakugou just looked so destroyed. His voice was filled with guilt and sorrow. Kirishima could tell how much Bakugou regretted that day, how much he regretted his actions. But they both knew that it was too late now and what happened is in the past.

'It's okay Bakugou. He's still here.' Kirishima whispers back, 'Midoriya is still here with us.'

Bakugou can feel slight relief wash over him. Even though he knows Midoriya is alive, even though he sees him everyday, it was still nice to hear those words. Because sometimes, Bakugou really doubted that Midoriya was alive at all. What if this was the dream? What if all these nightmares were actually reality?

Bakugou feels his heart break slightly though. Because even if Midoriya is still alive, even if he's still holding on - Bakugou is still the reason he's in this situation. He was the one that acted recklessly, he was the one that didn't think.

'I know.' Bakugou answers. 'But it hurts... it h-hurts so fucking much.'

Kirishima softens, his heart aching. He wishes that he could take all of Bakugou's sadness away, he wishes that he could suffer instead. Why did this have to happen? Why did Stain have to rip Bakugou apart?

'It's strange y'know? Sometimes I think Stain killing me would've been easier.' Bakugou let out a sad chuckle, trying his best to forget the truth behind those words. He wanted Kirishima to stop caring. He wanted Kirishima to stop looking at him with sad eyes, filled with worry.

If Kirishima stopped caring than it'd be so much more easier to let go.

'Don't you dare say that Bakugou.' Kirishima argues. 'You know for a fact that isn't true.'

'But it is, isn't it?' Bakugou looks up at Kirishima, only just being able to see his moonlit face. 'I'm the bully, the one everyone dislikes. I cause the most problems and demolish everyone's dreams. Deku saves people. He's everything I'm not. That's why I fucking hate him.'

Kirishima hugs Bakugou tightly, not caring about how Bakugou will react anymore. 'I said, don't say that.' Tears begin to drip down Kirishima's cheeks. 'No one hates you. I mean, you're my best friend! How can you even tell me that I don't like you?! Stop putting words in everyone's mouth!'

Bakugou remains silent, feeling Kirishima's body shake gently with sobs. He didn't know what to do. He knew that the last thing he wanted was to have Kirishima all over him and treating him nicely, but he couldn't find the strength to fight back anymore. Everything was drained out of him.

'When are you going to realise that Midoriya wanted for you to live? He saved you for a reason!' Kirishima chokes out. 'He didn't want you to live like this though. He wanted for you to be happy, to keep chasing your dreams. If you feel so guilty then why are you disrespecting his wishes like this?!'

Bakugou feels rage build inside him. Kirishima had no idea what he was talking about. Midoriya did this to make Bakugou feel pain like none other. The little shit knew that this was the only way to hurt him and took the opportunity. That way, he'd go down as a hero and Bakugou would be ruined for good.

That was Midoriya's sweet revenge.

'Get the fuck off me.' Bakugou growls. But Kirishima doesn't move, he stays still and continues sobbing. He knows that he overstepped the line, he shouldn't of said such harsh things to Bakugou. Perhaps what Uraraka said just happened to get stuck in his mind, replaying over and over.

But this wasn't the right way. Bakugou only just came to terms with the situation this afternoon. What was Kirishima thinking?!

'I said, get the fuck off of me!' Bakugou growls again, shoving Kirishima off the bed. Kirishima hits the wall and can feel a slight ache in his temple. He watches as Bakugou stands, sparks flashing out of his hands as he grabs his shoes.

'Bakugou, where are you going?' Kirishima asks carefully whilst watching Bakugou tie his laces. Bakugou doesn't answer yet again so Kirishima just watches, not wanting to over step the line. 'Bakugou.' He tries again.

Bakugou stands up and walks towards the door, his moonlit face showcasing the rage built inside him. Kirishima quickly runs to him and twists him around, holding his arm.

'Let me go.' Bakugou spits.

'You're in no shape to be going anywhere. I'm sorry Bakugou, I really am. Please just stay here until the morning.' Kirishima begs, knowing that Bakugou is going to do something stupid.

All his built up rage and emotions, all the suffering his been through. Bakugou needs an outlet and after storing everything away for weeks, it's finally became time to crack. He's had enough.

'I said to fucking let go!' Bakugou yells, ripping his arm away. Kirishima lands backwards on the floor and instantly jumps up again to try and chase after Bakugou.

But Bakugou wasn't having it. He used his quirk against Kirishima's, not caring about the outcome anymore. He exploded, letting out a massive flame towards Kirishima.

Kirishima instantly hardens, the heat eating away softly at his skin. 'Bakugou stop!' He screams, pushing forwards through the boys attack. But Bakugou perceives, not knowing how to stop. He just had too much energy, so much to release. Even with Kirishima's screaming he can't stop.

Todoroki awakens to a text message, just a simple light up on his screen. He instantly reads it and can't believe his eyes. But then he hears the screaming of his classmate and bolts out the door.

He finds Kirishima's room unlocked and races in to see Bakugou attacking Kirishima. Of course the red haired boy was just blocking and not attacking back, he couldn't stand to hurt a friend.

Todoroki grabs Bakugou by the neck and pins him against the wall, restraining him with his arms. Bakugou squirms and screams, adrenaline pumping through his body.

Kirishima looks on in shock, not knowing where Todoroki even came from. But, he was too exhausted to care. Todoroki still held Bakugou against the wall as he finally spoke. 'Bakugou it's okay, he's okay.' Bakugou stiffens, not sure on how to reply.

Todoroki lifts his screen so Bakugou can read the text himself and instantly relief floods through him. All that anger washes away in an instant.

'Midoriya is awake.'