Chapter 27 : Second Chance

'I-I've heard a lot about you from Todoroki.'

Uraraka guides Midoriya to the couch and sits down next to him. It's been so long since they've done this, since they've simply chatted. It feels like a dream to see the greenette beside her. But, it's a good dream - one she'd never trade for another.

After the incident, Uraraka and the other students that weren't involved were left in the dark. Only those that were at the scene understood what had occurred and the position Midoriya was in. Therefore, the others were just told that Bakugou and Midoriya were attacked; which resulted in Midoriya saving Bakugou at the expense of his life.

Other then that, the information stopped. The extent of the knowledge they had was that Midoriya was in a coma, fighting for his life. Every so often they'd hear the teachers whispering about how they almost lost him again - how the doctors had to pound Midoriya's chest to regain a heartbeat.

During this, Uraraka felt extremely useless and just wished to be by Midoriya's side. Ever since the entrance exam, the two had built a solid relationship - for Uraraka, more. She'd helplessly fallen in love with Midoriya.

For her, Midoriya was the kindest man alive. He was selfless - always putting others before himself. There was multiple accounts that Uraraka could name where this had been the case. But, he could be stupid. He never thought of his own body and how damaged it was - if he heard a cry for help, he was there.

But, that's what Uraraka loved about him. She loved his silly remarks, his stutter and his bright smile. God, did she adore that smile.

'I'm glad. We have a lot of memories together.' Uraraka replies, smiling at Midoriya. She was terrified, utterly terrified that Midoriya will never remember. She didn't want to uphold these feeling by herself - she needed him.

'H-He said that w-we were really good f-friends.' Midoriya continues, 'I'm happy t-to of had s-such a great friend.'

Uraraka's heart melts at his words. Even without any recollection of himself, Midoriya was still the same Midoriya. She felt her cheeks heat up and instantly she attempted to cover the forming blush. 'Not at all! Honestly, I'm the one that was lucky.' She looks into his emerald eyes that are twinkling brightly. 'I'm definitely the lucky one, because I met you.'

Midoriya's eyes widen, a deep red dusting his cheeks. He was about to freak out until a hand was placed on his shoulder. He looks up and sees Todoroki - straight faced with ruffled hair. Instantly his heart leapt - he deeply hoped that Todoroki didn't get into a fight because of him.

Todoroki smiles at Midoriya to ease him of his worries, knowing that by now his mind would be going insane with thoughts. 'So, how'd it go?' He asks, referring to the encounter between Midoriya and Uraraka.

'Y-You were right,' Midoriya answers. 'Uraraka is v-very nice.'

Uraraka smiles softly as she watches Midoriya and Todoroki converse. She knew that no matter how strong her feelings were - they'd never reach Midoriya. Because his heart was so full of friendship and the idea of being a hero, he didn't have room for anything else right now.

'Okay well, why don't we take you back up to your room now?' Todoroki asks, watching Midoriya. It'd been a big afternoon for the boy and he'd only just came home. Midoriya nods in response and stands by Todoroki's side. They both wave goodbye to Uraraka and the others before heading off down the hall.

Uraraka quickly grabs Todoroki's hand and mouths a quick 'thank you.' Which Todoroki nods in reply. He could tell Uraraka needed that. This past month she'd been on edge, completely drowning in worry. Right now, she just needed some reassurance - even if it was small.

Midoriya and Todoroki walked side by side towards the elevator. Whenever Midoriya had Todoroki by his side, he felt safe and comforted. But, when he was in the bathrooms earlier. The emotions he felt when seeing that angry blonde - it was something so much more.

He knew that he had to find him. He had to understand why he felt the way he did. In the past, there mightn't of been history between the two. But, Midoriya will make sure that the future is different.

He was given a second chance at life and he wasn't about to waste it.