Chapter 29 : Orange

'Want to know how I deal with own monsters?'

Bakugou looks blankly at the proud Kirishima who's mouth was suddenly contorted into a bright smile. 'I change myself! Once I realised my insecurities, I vowed to become a new me and took on a new appearance with it!'

Bakugou stared at Kirishima in utter disbelief before standing and walking towards the bathroom door. 'No thanks, bye.' He says, raising a hand.

Kirishima grabs Bakugou's arm just before he locked himself in the bathroom and showcased large puppy dog eyes. 'Come on man! Just give it a go!' He pleads.

Bakugou glares at Kirishima who in returns increases the size of his pupils. With a grumble and clench of his teeth, Bakugou finally gives in making the red head jump with glee.

It was no secret that Bakugou had a soft spot for Kirishima. However, it sometimes displeased him at how easily Kirishima could get his own way. It was almost as though Kirishima used this knowledge to his own advantage.

Kirishima began to talk excitedly and list off different places they'd have to go. Bakugou ignored his obnoxious mumbling and headed to his closet to pick out appropriate clothes since they were heading out.

Without much thought, Bakugou's grabbed a plain black t-shirt that had some form of white inscription in the centre of it and some black jeans. His taste was simple, perhaps too simple to be the son of fashion designers.

Kirishima watches as the blonde moves into the bathroom to change. Quickly, he grabs his phone and opens notes, jotting down different ideas he had and where these ideas can come to life. It's obvious that Bakugou was going to be stubborn but Kirishima was almost certain that he could convince the blonde otherwise.

Bakugou emerges from the bathroom and slips on some shoes. 'Are you going to go get fucking ready or what Shitty Hair?!'

Kirishima looks up in surprise and instantly leaps towards the door. 'Yup! Just give me two seconds and I'll be ready.'

'More like thirty minutes.' Bakugou scoffs under his breath.

'I heard that!' Kirishima yells in response before closing his door.

A few seconds later Kirishima returns in some cropped shorts, a crimson riot hoodie and of course, signature red crocs. Bakugou feels his eyes twitch at the ungodly sight of Kirishima's choice in footwear but Kirishima instantly begins talking which changes Bakugou's train of thought.

It looks like those crocs will get to live another day.

'So, I was thinking that we will go to the pharmacy first and then we can check out some of the clothing stores and get you to try out a new style!'

'Yeah whatever. Do what you fucking want.' Bakugou grumbles, his back slouched and hands shoved deep within the pockets of his jeans. It was quite obvious that he wasn't pleased about Kirishima's whole plan. But, Kirishima knew that this would help Bakugou take his mind off of things and perhaps have some fun.

Just as the two reach the front doors, Kirishima stops, making Bakugou turn and stare at the blonde disapprovingly. 'If you want to fucking do this then hurry up!'

'Hold up man,' Kirishima replies, pulling out his phone and unlocking it. 'We should ask Kaminari and the others if they wanna come.'

Bakugou instantly tenses with embarrassment and lunges at Kirishima, grasping the top half of his phone in his hand. Kirishima looks up at the blonde surprised.

'If you want to fucking do this then it's just going to be us. Okay, idiot? If anyone else comes then I'm fucking out.'

'Awe. Do you want to spend some alone time with me Bakubro?' Kirishima teases, making Bakugou's teeth grit and cheeks flame with embarrassment. It's not that he wanted alone time with Kirishima, it's just that he didn't trust the others as much.

He felt more comfortable around Kirishima and could take his light teasing. But when the others did it, it just felt annoying and made Bakugou loose his temper way too quickly.

'Don't make me explode your fucking phone.' Bakugou's threatens, increasing his grip.

Kirishima looks at his screen in panic and tries to pry Bakugou's already sweaty hand away. 'Okay! Okay! Let's just go!' Kirishima yells, making Bakugou smirk as he releases his hand.

There were sometimes when Bakugou managed to get the upper hand.

Without a second thought, Kirishima rushes out the front door with Bakugou in tow. They walk for about fifteen minutes towards the train station and travel towards the city. Kirishima is rambling different store names and scrolling through his phone whilst Bakugou watches the world outside fly by.

They finally reach the city twenty minutes later and without a second thought, Kirishima drags Bakugou into the pharmacy.

'The fuck we doing in here? I thought you said we'd get new clothes or some shit.' Bakugou says, eyeing the shelves filled with arrangements of beauty products and medicine.

'Correction, I said and I quote: new appearance. You can't just change that by clothing.' Kirishima walks towards the third aisle and strolls down it casually, squatting down to read the products on the bottom self.

Bakugou's eyes widen when he realised what Kirishima is looking at. 'Oh fuck no.' He whispers. 'Not happening.'

Kirishima looks up at him with pleading eyes, a box of orange hair dye clutched in his right hand. 'But look! They even have an orange!'

Bakugou grumbles and remembers their conversation on the train coming here. He'd been stitched up by Kirishima without even realising.

• • •

'Hey Bakugou.' Kirishima says, gaining the blondes attention.

'What?' Bakugou grumbles, still looking out the window with a displeased expression plastered on his face. Kirishima could tell that he was regretting agreeing to this idea.

'What's your favourite colour?'

Bakugou looks at Kirishima with a glare. 'Why the fuck would you need to know that?' He growls. 'Trying to use it against me? Find my weakness?'

Kirishima rolls his eyes. 'No, it's because I barely know anything you actually like. All I know is things you hate. In which, there's an endless list of those.'

Bakugou grumbles for Kirishima to shut up and Kirishima frowns. 'My favourite colour is red.' He says, breaking the silence. 'One of the main reasons I love it so much is because of Crimson Riot. But overall, it's just a super manly colour!'

Bakugou remains silent and looks out the window. Kirishima sighs, knowing that the blonde is being stubborn right now. This was Bakugou's revenge towards Kirishima for making him leave the dorms.

'Orange.'

Kirishima looks up surprised. Bakugou continues to look out the window, not meeting the red head's gaze.

'I like orange.'